Wild boar attack

zipping

News reported that the authorities will be hunting down the wild boar which is link to many attacking cases. [sweatdrop] 

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

News reported that the authorities will be hunting down the wild boar which is link to many attacking cases. [sweatdrop] 

CNA special episode coming up 🤣

12 hours ago, Watwheels said:

LoL....

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/condo-residents-punggol-spooked-after-video-shows-wild-boar-entering-premises

The monk and his fellow disciples must be staying at the condo temporarily. 

Is the condo called Spider Cave or Silk Cave or Pants Cave? 盤絲洞.😂

Why take to SGH when Seng Kang General hospital is just nearby?

At least three people were injured in separate attacks last Saturday. The first occurred at 308B Punggol Walk at 9.10pm, where a woman was dragged for a metre by a wild boar and had to be taken to Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

The second attack happened about 10 minutes later at Block 310B and an eyewitness said the victim sustained scratches and subsequently took a taxi to SGH.

The third attack took place at Block 310A at 9.30pm and one person was taken by ambulance to SGH.

• Praise 1

On 2/21/2021 at 9:09 PM, 13177 said:

Wild boar attack incidence in Punggol still happening even now!? 

Punggol now seems dangerous.

I once saw a herd of them (about 10 of them) running by at night at Lor Halus, which is near Punggol. Yeap they are scary, big animals.

• Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, Tohto said:

At least three people were injured in separate attacks last Saturday. The first occurred at 308B Punggol Walk at 9.10pm, where a woman was dragged for a metre by a wild boar and had to be taken to Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

The second attack happened about 10 minutes later at Block 310B and an eyewitness said the victim sustained scratches and subsequently took a taxi to SGH.

The third attack took place at Block 310A at 9.30pm and one person was taken by ambulance to SGH.

No offence but you talk like a bystander. If I were the victim, I will definitely request to be sent to SGH even it I were attacked in Pulau Ubin.

41 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Even Changi GH is closer than SGH.

It is likely these hospitals are not equipped to handle this type of injury.

Edited by inlinesix

4 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

No offence but you talk like a bystander. If I were the victim, I will definitely request to be sent to SGH even it I were attacked in Pulau Ubin.

For 995, you can't dictate which hospital.  The ambulance will send the patient to the most suitable hospital.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Punggol now seems dangerous.

I once saw a herd of them (about 10 of them) running by at night at Lor Halus, which is near Punggol. Yeap they are scary, big animals.

There's a wild boar reserve nearby. Left of end of Pasir Ris Coast Industrial Park 6, which ends at Lor Halus Jetty. Am sure there are gaps in the fencing.

Sad to hear report of wild boars attack surface again and again. for once we had stopped trekking due to pandemic period, despite a decade of walking and trekking we had close encounter with families of wild boars without any provocation in SICC Venus drive , Upp Pierce reservoirs /Lower pierce, and Sungei Buloh, Coney island and Ponggol area, many times we had a narrow escapes with these boars by staying deep quiet and silent to protect my colleague and friends.

Despite the fact that we had informed the authority sightings of wandering boars in remote area and HDB vicinity, all thy could say was blah blah blah . . .  and took no action thereafter, i reckon thy rather protect the ecosystem , greenery than the human safety of Citizens . . . under such circumstances , we had stopped trekking in the nature reserve, don't get me wrong, i love the reserve whereby the air is fresh and undulating landscape makes it such an interesting places to refresh my soul and revitalise my energy, this simple pleasure has been taken away from us and we were left us with no choice but headed down to PCN whereby we get to meet many walkers, cyclists and pet lovers less the greenery nature of the reserve. Ya we have Master plan & Concept plan for little RED DOT. Yes Urbanisation has changed Singapore, the price to pay for simple fare

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who will take full responsibility?

Someone will point to the guidelines...stay calm, stay clear, don't feed, don't run, don't complain...😁

• Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who will take full responsibility?

This type of responsibility take full or half no difference to their bonus one.  JTC, Vivienne..... etc. All just using mouths only.

But seriously though, these (the boar, not the mayors!) are wild animals.  Even if you kill all of them now, more will swim over from Johore.  Maybe we should be allowed to carry this:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c04176ec510e61854860d330d07714e8.JPG

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

17 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This type of responsibility take full or half no difference to their bonus one.  JTC, Vivienne..... etc. All just using mouths only.

But seriously though, these (the boar, not the mayors!) are wild animals.  Even if you kill all of them now, more will swim over from Johore.  Maybe we should be allowed to carry this:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c04176ec510e61854860d330d07714e8.JPG

More will swim over from Johor? So killing them should be fine right? yum yum.

Seriously there are people living in the jungle in singapore. we should have hunts for wild boar... LOL