2022 Kia EV6

Carbon82

Just now, Rickster said:

I hope Tesla is giving good prices not just to break market, but with the aim to conquer the market.

Else will become just like another VW. Don't see their prices as being competitive despite them cutting out the middle man.

Currently, it is the only car that has no margin.

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, Acegab said:

Who said EV rebates will make them cheaper. All got eaten up by the ADs. Waiting for Model Y to launch and I'll happily give Tesla my money

Not just the AD. I'm quite sure our govt will ensure that any losses in petrol tax and cost of building the charging infra will be fully recovered, if not more, via all the different form of taxes that will come for EVs as it starts to gain widespread adoption. For a start, just look at SP Power's EV charging rate per KWH, its like more than double that of residential rates.

For the many out there who are still dreaming that EV will be their route to cheaper car ownership... I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:48 AM, Hamburger said:

Is VW not doing direct sales as they did not appoint any AD?

Their car price is not cheap either. With or w/o middle man. 

Yes, exactly. Their markup can fight with or even higher than some ADs

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Not just the AD. I'm quite sure our govt will ensure that any losses in petrol tax and cost of building the charging infra will be fully recovered, if not more, via all the different form of taxes that will come for EVs as it starts to gain widespread adoption. For a start, just look at SP Power's EV charging rate per KWH, its like more than double that of residential rates.

For the many out there who are still dreaming that EV will be their route to cheaper car ownership... I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

In the first place, Govt would never want the car to be easily owned in Singapore. And also what every tax the Govt imposed, those who able to afford will still continue to buy car.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, RH1667 said:

In Incheon airport , from display looks 👍

38D35E80-97D3-4F35-9250-E0E19A812D23.jpeg

I think I like the Ioniq 5 better... somehow the front and back doesn't seem to meld... dislike that slit eye look of the headlamps... maybe I prefer larger grilles...

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie
On 1/7/2022 at 3:24 PM, Acegab said:

Who said EV rebates will make them cheaper. All got eaten up by the ADs. Waiting for Model Y to launch and I'll happily give Tesla my money

I like Ioniq5 but if Model Y is much cheaper than Ioniq5, I will go with Model Y.

2 hours ago, Car1990 said:

I like Ioniq5 but if Model Y is much cheaper than Ioniq5, I will go with Model Y.

My guess is Model Y will be about $125k excl COE

• Praise 1

First case of fire involving the EV6. Video reportedly from Budapest, Hungary.

Actual cause of fire is unknown as information remain scare.

• Praise 7

Its time I help my MIL go green

and get her this model.

If cannot get here I will import one for her.

:D

On 2/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, Carbon82 said:

First case of fire involving the EV6. Video reportedly from Budapest, Hungary.

Actual cause of fire is unknown as information remain scare.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

First look at the KIA EV6 GT-Line (77.4 kWh battery) in Malaysia 

Edited by Fellows

Anyone put deposit on Ev6? $236k pricing for single motor seems reasonable in today's climate. Same size as Model Y but much more refined interior

↡ Advertisement