Dehumidifier recommendations

Stratovarius

I'm looking to install a dehumidifier in my storeroom. Anyone doing the same? if so what brand and model is good? My budget is less than 200 bucks so no Novita please. TIA.

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Okay. Bringing up this thread as im looking to install a dehumidifier in my storeroom. Anyone doing the same? if so what brand and model is good? My budget is less than 200 bucks so no Novita please. TIA.

I've been using a local brand LifePro DH12 for a few months now. Got it from Shopee for around SGD150+ after discounts. Lowest I've seen it priced was $130+. The more powerful one is the DH24 which is priced around SGD300+. But I'm pleased with the one I have so far. May consider upgrading to the bigger one if there's a need for it. Easy to use, easy to wheel around, not too noisy, cool down the air a fair bit also. I turn it on before work and set it to RH 40 or 45 and by the time I get home in the evening, just nice collect about full tank and room is cool, almost like the aircon is switched on. Only use it in the day since using aircon at night. 

https://shopee.sg/【English-Panel】LifePro-DH12-12L-Day-Dehumidifier-with-Compressor-Up-to-12-month-SG-Warranty-3-pin-SG-Plug-i.10233884.9902588023

6c695d4399e2f276d274e18eaa7fca34.thumb.jpg.7c70a95d4d2dfc870153c93b4feb55a0.jpg

1336833094_62c6e4b8440e51e76b1b95b437e02da5(1).thumb.jpg.0c2f3a2dad7071a3115e14c97fc64f14.jpg

I also considered the Deerma Dehumidifier before deciding on LifePro since they are priced around the same. Just gotta make sure yours is from a local seller with the three pin plug and English menu. Why I decided on LifePro, reviews pretty even so local brand it shall be. 

357077646_pvm_dem_dt16c(2)_18717_1604612998.jpg.122e78fadfd753a6a53e3bf9683ecefc.jpg

• Praise 4

Almost full tank?

They should put a filter in the water tank so can drink the water.

Singapore is so short of water we don't have to buy so much water from Msia and stop all their complaining.

:D

• Haha! 2

50 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Almost full tank?

They should put a filter in the water tank so can drink the water.

Singapore is so short of water we don't have to buy so much water from Msia and stop all their complaining.

Not sure if possible.

mine has bubbles in the water. Wife said may be bacteria inside.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

I'm looking to install a dehumidifier in my storeroom. Anyone doing the same? if so what brand and model is good? My budget is less than 200 bucks so no Novita please. TIA.

Can consider second hand Novita. Possible to get old but effective for less than 100. I bought from Carousell, seller is a mover. They seem to have stock and is usually halve the price owner asks for.

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If storeroom, Can just buy 2 bag of charcoal lah. It will helps to suck all the moisture. haha.

Then can still use for BBQ.

Please invite 5 of us when having BBQ.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

10 minutes ago, Evo5sg said:

Not sure if possible.

mine has bubbles in the water. Wife said may be bacteria inside.

Can keep in a bottle for me?

I ask my MIL to test if its bacteria.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

If storeroom, Can just buy 2 bag of charcoal lah. It will helps to suck all the moisture. haha.

Tried before. Put all sorts of hippos, charcoal, desiccants all no use. 😓

There are 2 vents on top of my storeloom, so need something more active and powerful. lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

There are 2 vents on top of my storeloom, so need something more active and powerful. lol. 

install fans on the vents.

i have an exhaust fan in my toilet. it does keep the floor dry, although it take a few hours.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
38 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I very curious, what did you keep inside your store? Why so damp one. haha.

If not you switch your light bulb to those heating lamp or. got heat sure not moisture one. 💡

• Haha! 1

I wanted to get Novita too cuz mold building up on my blockout curtain but wife said $499 so ex.

She said better for me to wipe it on weekly basis 🙃

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, badlammy said:

I wanted to get Novita too cuz mold building up on my blockout curtain but wife said $499 so ex.

She said better for me to wipe it on weekly basis 🙃

Bro,

Yes, your wife is correct. 

She is always right..🤭

Happy wife Happy life.. 😊

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Then got to solve the root cause and seal up the vents. No point trying to dry the entire neighbourhood. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

install fans on the vents.

i have an exhaust fan in my toilet. it does keep the floor dry, although it take a few hours.

LoL...Bro, our relative humidity on average is 70%-80%. It is not what you think. Haha...

I did consider installing the dehumidifier rod i posted earlier but my wife might faint in the storeroom. It can get quite warm and stuffy if I seal off the storeroom. This rod is basically a mild heating rod to keep moisture out 24/7. So I went to get a dry cabinet instead.

Edited by Watwheels

Trying to save money on all sort of solution will end up spending more money.

Thanks to advice from someone in MCF (I can't rem who now) in 2018, I bought Novita Dehumidifier to put in Guest Bed Room.

I set it to 50% humidity.  Whenever humidity hit 60%, it will be activated.

All my leather shoes and BNIB running shoes are kept in that room.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

LoL...Bro, our relative humidity on average is 70%-80%. It is not what you think. Haha...

I did consider installing the dehumidifier rod i posted earlier but my wife might faint in the storeroom. It can get quite warm and stuffy if I seal off the storeroom. This rod is basically a mild heating rod to keep moisture out 24/7. So I went to get a dry cabinet instead.

Unless rainy days, our humidity will not exceed 65%.

Put a dehumidifying rod without measurement of humidity within the store room is dangerous.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1