2023/2024 6th Generation Mercedes E-Class (W214)

camrysfe

Kind of boring with all these big screens, glass surfaces. It seemingly common to upciming future cars where the dashboards all look much more identical. 

Those classy design with the dials, different material surfaces and touches felt much better.

• Praise 5

28 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Kind of boring with all these big screens, glass surfaces. It seemingly common to upciming future cars where the dashboards all look much more identical. 

Those classy design with the dials, different material surfaces and touches felt much better.

Agree. And screen is much cheaper to make and install yet it is marketed as more upmarket. 

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Agree. And screen is much cheaper to make and install yet it is marketed as more upmarket. 

So far no complaints on burnmark of screen yet 

• Haha! 1

The reflections on the screens might take the sheen off the towkay's gold lolek or bling bling chains. How liddat? 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

LCD today can come in any cutting, but they do not even bother to integrate it nicely into the entire console, just simply mount it like an ugly after market install unit. Moreover LCD panels can be produced into curvature,  they still order stand flat panels and fix them onto the console, can see the lack of thoughts, design and cost cut they are implementing. 

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

So far no complaints on burnmark of screen yet 

Huh? What? Is this a CRT screen?

Or does it have a bloating samsung/LG battery at the back of the screen?

I thought now if screens fail they would be pixels missing or turning green/red/blue? Or if LCD you could see the leak?

I dunno. Where does the burnmark come from?

There will be a total of 3 screens on the dash, including 1 just for the front passenger (cost option). 

2024-mercedes-e-class-interior.jpg

For added safety, the 2024 E-Class monitors the driver's eye movements to detect whether they are looking at the display on the right side of the dashboard. This third screen uses something called dual light control technology to prevent videos from being seen peripherally by the driver. DLC can be turned on or off.

There's also a camera recording the driver's eye movements to detect if they're looking at the passenger screen. When that happens, the brightness can be reduced to make it less visible for the driver and therefore reduce distraction. The front passenger will still be able to view content even when the screen is dimmed.

There is also a built-in selfie / video camera in the dash, which works only when the car is stationary and can be used to take photos and videos or for video conferences via Zoom or Webex.

The infotainment will come bundled with other apps beyond Zoom and Webex. Mercedes will embed the TikTok social app into the MBUX, along with the Angry Birds casual game and the Vivaldi web browser. An optional ZYNC entertainment portal will provide access to video streaming, games, news, and additional on-demand content available on the central and passenger screens.

The 2024 E-Class also gets a neat option called Active Ambient Lighting, which works together with the audio system to automatically change the lighting based on a song’s rhythm. By the way, a Burmester surround sound system with 17 speakers and four sound transducers in the front seats will be provided as standard equipment.

Check out the video by Mercedes for more information about the new E Class interior. 

• Praise 9

Looking forward to seeing some running around with Comfortdelgro logo and TAXI sign. 

Going to be a very fun ride for driver and passenger 😂

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Haha! 4

10 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

I never liked the ambient lights. Makes the car feels like a sleazy night club. Or maybe thats the intention.

Agreed, i also dont like big screen and too many screen, makes the car become too bright.

I too am not a fan of too many screens in the car. Even my current ride, I will switch off the centre console screen as I feel its bright at night.

I shudder to think of about the cost of replacement if the panel malfunctions after the warranty period. 

The panel of the current A/B/GLA/GLB class costs 8K+ to replace, according to the C&C service advisor.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Davidklt said:

I never liked the ambient lights. Makes the car feels like a sleazy night club. Or maybe thats the intention.

Ya, i think it’s a little overdone for most merc advertisements.

But u can always turn off different sections of the ambient lights or change it to more subtle colours and reduce the brightness for an air of elegance instead.

Edited by Rickster

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

For added safety, the 2024 E-Class monitors the driver's eye movements to detect whether they are looking at the display on the right side of the dashboard. 

There's also a camera recording the driver's eye movements to detect if they're looking at the passenger screen. When that happens, the brightness can be reduced to make it less visible for the driver and therefore reduce distraction. The front passenger will still be able to view content even when the screen is dimmed.

Wah like that if the humsome driver byow the passenger's legs it would be very obvious!  Many would not want to buy.

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Wah like that if the humsome driver byow the passenger's legs it would be very obvious!  Many would not want to buy.

I accidentally found out the panoramic roof glass, under some light conditiosn will turn very reflective like a mirror, can be used as a mirror to beo from the top 😎

• Haha! 2