[Official] 2024 Mini Cooper

Carbon82

Finally a major change in design language for the new Mini. This new Mini Electric look quite refreshing and modernized imo. [thumbsup] 

FGPdcGqXwAATDfP.jpeg

FGPdbvuXEAYyUgg-e1639166797572.jpeg

FGPdcYzXsAAyJpV.jpeg

FGPdcsLXMAQKwuM.jpeg

The images were taken at a facility in China and posted to Chinese social media. In the photos, the undisguised Mini is accompanied by several other camouflaged models parked nearby. It has no visible tailpipe and a limited amount of air intake on the front end, which suggests that this is an electric model.

The pictured model is badged with Mini’s “S” badging, designating that this is a higher-performance model. The other camouflaged Minis nearby all have the typical hood scoop of Mini’s S models, but the uncamouflaged version does not. These scoops are used for air intake, but electric cars need less air intake than ICE cars do, so the scoop is somewhat superfluous for an EV. The current Mini Cooper SE electric does have a hood scoop, however.

The biggest exterior change is the rear taillights, which change in shape and pattern compared to previous models. They’re also connected by a horizontal black stripe across the whole rear of the vehicle. Current Mini models have patterns reminiscent of the Union Jack, the British flag, imprinted in their taillights. In the photos, it looks like a similar pattern might still be there but is obscured by vertical black lines covering it and by the triangular shape of the taillights.

On the interior, the dashboard is a significant departure from current Minis. This new Mini has a flat, bare dash, no driver display, and a floating circular center screen as the main focal point of the car’s infotainment system. The dash has significantly fewer buttons, knobs, and switches than current models, though there are physical controls on the steering wheel and a few (stereotypically-Mini) switches underneath the screen. This lack of physical controls suggests that the circular screen will be a touchscreen. The small screen in front of the driver is a heads-up display, which is likely carried over from the current Minis.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Interesting, with EV, there is no need to have a bulky engine compartment in front, but nearly all the car manufacturers  are still sticking to the same bonnet design plus an ugly grill, I thought it is good time to make a car that will  look sleek and improve on the aerodynamic of  a car without the constraints of having an engine block in front.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Interesting, with EV, there is no need to have a bulky engine compartment in front, but nearly all the car manufacturers  are still sticking to the same bonnet design plus an ugly grill, I thought it is good time to make a car that will  look sleek and improve on the aerodynamic of  a car without the constraints of having an engine block in front.

Currently a lot of chassis is shared btw EV and ICE.

Rare exception are like Taycan/e-tron GT, Ioniq 5/Kia EV6.

A lot of these shared chassis has NO Frunk.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

If you were to go back in time, many of our parents bought cars with a large bonnet and a huge truck / sadden in the hope of having a cushion space should it get rear ended or rear ending some cars in front.

without a front or a end, I suppose every electrical vehicle will start looking like a bread van design 

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If you were to go back in time, many of our parents bought cars with a large bonnet and a huge truck / sadden in the hope of having a cushion space should it get rear ended or rear ending some cars in front.

without a front or a end, I suppose every electrical vehicle will start looking like a bread van design 

haha, no no, i am thinking why not every EV looks like a Ferrari. And in fact with that kind of accelerstion  from the electric motor, every EV drives like a one as well.😅😅

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

haha, no no, i am thinking why not every EV looks like a Ferrari. And in fact with that kind of accelerstion  from the electric motor, every EV drives like a one as well.😅😅

I don’t think Nissan Leaf like that le

47 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don’t think Nissan Leaf like that le

The car manufacturers have to hire new designers to cut the baggage of FC car design. They can retain the existing designers for the FC or hydrogen fuel car design though.

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The car manufacturers have to hire new designers to cut the baggage of FC car design. They can retain the existing designers for the FC or hydrogen fuel car design though.

I believe designers can design something that’s innovative.

On the other hand, consumers may not accept these designs.

For this Mini, the black portion design cue of BMW Mini since R50

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The front bonnet design is to create a crumple zone during a collision. There are of course some components to house there to make space for the interior. 

The grill is something the car designers needs to work on. Given that a grill is a necessary for ICE cars, alot of design effort is made on the grill as a brand identity and we are very used to looking a big grills with big intakes. Removing the grill will end up something like Tesla looking like a fish. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Stratovarius said:

The front bonnet design is to create a crumple zone during a collision. There are of course some components to house there to make space for the interior. 

The grill is something the car designers needs to work on. Given that a grill is a necessary for ICE cars, alot of design effort is made on the grill as a brand identity and we are very used to looking a big grills with big intakes. Removing the grill will end up something like Tesla looking like a fish. 

EV don’t huge grill. Just need some hole at the bottom of front bumper for cooling.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Understand the crumple zone, I don't mean to take away the front completely,but to beautify the look of an EV without the constraints of the FC engine

• Praise 2