What's wrong with our youngs nowadays?!

limpeh6969

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20240206-1466643

"The dead body found floating in Marina Bay is a 21-year-old man."

A few days ago a 20-year-old dude was chasing ppl with chopper. Today a 21yo was found dead in water (maybe suicide?) One wanted to take people's lives, the other (possibly) took his own life. 

And limpeh thought 20's is the time when one is full of energy, ideal, and ambition to conquer the world! Sigh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Must ask our in house 21 year old @inlinesix for answers …….. Kenna reject from Boomz Klub 🤪

Edited by BanCoe
  • Haha! 9

Supersonic
On 2/6/2024 at 6:30 PM, Benarsenal said:

Youngsters nowadays face many stresses.

RIP

youngester nowadays too much money and time, thats why they got the spare time to think about other wu eh, bo eh stuff and feel the stress.

Supersonic
On 2/6/2024 at 6:31 PM, BanCoe said:

Must ask our in house 21 year old @inlinesix for answers …….. Kenna reject from Boomz Klub 🤪

Yes, he idolise kpop new jean, blackpink, twice....

• Haha! 2

On 2/6/2024 at 7:46 PM, ER-3682 said:

Not everyone's Father like @limpeh6969

hahah...i take it as a compliment :D👍

btw here's my take on this whole situation. i'd say social media plays a big part in adding stresses to the youngsters. why? 'cos you only see the glam side of life - the bestest food someone's having in 6 star michelin, the most atas 7 star hotel in dubai, the bestest front-row seat in Swift's concert where you can see her nostrils up close. so they think to themselves, shat, he/she has it, so i must have it too! and when they can't? life has no meaning...

that's why i dont use tiktok/IG/thread/X etc etc etc...boomers must only use FB to get latest news from CNA, ST, and sometimes AsiaOne :D:D:D

• Praise 7

On 2/6/2024 at 8:24 PM, limpeh6969 said:

btw here's my take on this whole situation. i'd say social media plays a big part in adding stresses to the youngsters. why? 'cos you only see the glam side of life - the bestest food someone's having in 6 star michelin, the most atas 7 star hotel in dubai, the bestest front-row seat in Swift's concert where you can see her nostrils up close. so they think to themselves, shat, he/she has it, so i must have it too! and when they can't? life has no meaning...

that's why i dont use tiktok/IG/thread/X etc etc etc...boomers must only use FB to get latest news from CNA, ST, and sometimes AsiaOne :D:D:D

Don’t blame SNS.

Rather young ppl has low stress tolerance.

I have most of the SNS used by young and ole.

Supercharged
(edited)
On 2/6/2024 at 5:14 PM, limpeh6969 said:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20240206-1466643

"The dead body found floating in Marina Bay is a 21-year-old man."

A few days ago a 20-year-old dude was chasing ppl with chopper. Today a 21yo was found dead in water (maybe suicide?) One wanted to take people's lives, the other (possibly) took his own life. 

And limpeh thought 20's is the time when one is full of energy, ideal, and ambition to conquer the world! Sigh...

Youngsters these days, will feel a lot like this song.  Perhaps asked the same questions as well....

This  song won the Song of the Year in last night Grammy Awards 2024

Note : Switch on the subtitles to see the lyrics. Although it was for Barbie, the song certainly strikes a chord with some   youngsters as well.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

I agree. It sort of become a norm to take business class when going holiday in social media. Rolex seems like the new G-shock.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Part of it yes, but social media amplifies a lot of negativity too.

All these things like rising cost of living, climate change, corrupt/racist behaviour (overseas more than here) etc etc, they seem to affect younger generation more.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 2/6/2024 at 7:00 PM, Beregond said:

youngester nowadays too much money and time, thats why they got the spare time to think about other wu eh, bo eh stuff and feel the stress.

All the stress and anxiety from having too much time in their hands [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Our parents brought us up well

but we did not bring our kids up well.

We spoilt them.

We thought we are educated so we know better how to bring up our kids.

But which school teach us parenting?

Condom broke and I was a parent overnight.

Before that I was just a kid.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

nowsaday siao lang many many
hence, the growing emphasis on mental well being
in the near future, not sure one siao lang keng (IMH) is sufficient
for one, if nothing is done to improve
maybe need to build one more woodbridge if ppl cont to kee siao!

We are just going downhill as a nation, as a people, as a country.  
We are going downhill as an entire human race
said it long ago, say it again. 
But closer to home, i just wish ourselves well
“Good Luck Singapore Good Luck”

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

Supersonic

That's why I am showing my kids don't be so fixated with material stuff. They need to have a skill set they can be confident with. 

But the youtubers and tik-tokers showing themselves throwing money everywhere created the impression $$$ just appear from nowhere......

It's like a battle with the current social media trend. 

I want them able to give up their pre-loved but like almost new stuff during Xmas / CNY to charity that accept such donation. Also understand the value of $$$.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 2/6/2024 at 10:17 PM, Throttle2 said:

We are just going downhill as a nation, as a people, as a country.  
We are going downhill as an entire human race
said it long ago, say it again. 
But closer to home, i just wish ourselves well
“Good Luck Singapore Good Luck”

Can't really only blame the parents. The education system itself has been distorted so much to "encourage" such molly-coddle style parenting.

Somehow little by little the system has gradually been hijacked by the liberal left agenda, the "you're ok, I am ok, anything also ok" kind of views, the diversity and inclusion crowd. Raising a whole generation of youth that wilt when faced with tough situations in the adulting stage out of school when they are suddenly stripped of all these over-protective measures. 

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement