Recommendation for car battery

Andrewkb

75ah, based on the description in the invoice, no info on the battery itself ... btw i have never change battery since i got the car in May 2009, so the battery has lasted almost 4 yr+, time to change.

I understand 75amp hr battery hardly can fit most car battery bay and holding brackets and maybe too high for yr bonnet to close safetly. Looks like yr ride maybe a very big capacity car or a converted light goods vehicle .Can you kindly let us know yr car make and model.

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement

I understand 75amp hr battery hardly can fit most car battery bay and holding brackets and maybe too high for yr bonnet to close safetly. Looks like yr ride maybe a very big capacity car or a converted light goods vehicle .Can you kindly let us know yr car make and model.

cerato forte 1.6L, 2009 model ... the battery looks big but not tall, and I don't have issue closing the bonnet, so any downside for having such a big capacity battery?

cerato forte 1.6L, 2009 model ... the battery looks big but not tall, and I don't have issue closing the bonnet, so any downside for having such a big capacity battery?

Not a problem with having big battery, as long as it sits properly in the tray and not sticking out.

energeo batteries are made in spore?

yes ... btw, I made a mistake, the 75 in the invoice is not 75ah, the model is 75D23L, I managed to find the product specification through googling, it is actually 65ah, CCA550 ... I think forte's stock battery is CCA450, so big enough

yes ... btw, I made a mistake, the 75 in the invoice is not 75ah, the model is 75D23L, I managed to find the product specification through googling, it is actually 65ah, CCa--0 ... I think forte's stock battery is CCA450, so big enough

Energeo battery is either made in Korea or India.

yes ... btw, I made a mistake, the 75 in the invoice is not 75ah, the model is 75D23L, I managed to find the product specification through googling, it is actually 65ah, CCa--0 ... I think forte's stock battery is CCA450, so big enough

Huh???? U mean the new battery has a CCA of-0.

Cannot b lah. CCA abt 300-400 plus is abt average.

CCA is more important than Amh even.

Huh???? U mean the new battery has a CCA of-0.

Cannot b lah. CCA abt 300-400 plus is abt average.

CCA is more important than Amh even.

omg ... sorry, didn't check properly before i post ... the CCA is 550 for 75D23L.

Energeo battery is either made in Korea or India.

according to alibaba.com, energeo's supplier is spare parts zone pte ltd, a singapore company ... maybe it has factories is in korea or india? ... btw there is another brand called "Enercell" which is the official battery for hyundai and kia, r u refer to Enercell?

according to alibaba.com, energeo's supplier is spare parts zone pte ltd, a singapore company ... maybe it has factories is in korea or india? ... btw there is another brand called "Enercell" which is the official battery for hyundai and kia, r u refer to Enercell?

Filtec is the owner of Energeo, their own brand. However, they don't make batteries. They sourced for batteries and rebrand them.

Many batteries in this industry are also rebranded. They don't necessary make their own batteries, even big names like Bosch and Varta.

Enercell is also sold by Filtec, but stopped using that name already.

Hyundai and Kia "official" or oem battery from Korea are mostly Solite nowadays.

No car company make their own batteries. However, marketing trick a lot of customer to buying, such as "original Toyota parts" which again is rebranded battery.

Filtec is the owner of Energeo, their own brand. However, they don't make batteries. They sourced for batteries and rebrand them.

Many batteries in this industry are also rebranded. They don't necessary make their own batteries, even big names like Bosch and Varta.

Hyundai and Kia "official" or oem battery from Korea are mostly Solite nowadays.

No car company make their own batteries. However, marketing trick a lot of customer to buying, such as "original Toyota parts" which again is rebranded battery.

wah, u very knowledgable bro [thumbsup]

so is Energeo good, say compare with Amaron?

And where to buy Solite? the original Solite battery come with my kia lasted 4 yr+, if possible, i want to use back the same battery.

My Optra using Global maint free batt. I was told its OEM for Optra?

Can advise true or not?

But Optra under GM so I tot OEM maybe sud be AC Delco batt?

Edited by Pisces69

wah, u very knowledgable bro [thumbsup]

so is Energeo good, say compare with Amaron?

And where to buy Solite? the original Solite battery come with my kia lasted 4 yr+, if possible, i want to use back the same battery.

So far Energeo is pretty good. Compared with Amaron, probably loose a bit, - just my opinion.

Solite, I don't know who's selling here.

My Optra using Global maint free batt. I was told its OEM for Optra?

Can advise true or not?

But Optra under GM so I tot OEM maybe sud be AC Delco batt?

Optra, I'm not sure. I've not seen the original. Might be from Delkor.

Global/Rocket are 3rd party Korean import from YHI.

AC Delco is also 3rd party Korean import.

So far Energeo is pretty good. Compared with Amaron, probably loose a bit, - just my opinion.

Solite, I don't know who's selling here.

Optra, I'm not sure. I've not seen the original. Might be from Delkor.

Global/Rocket are 3rd party Korean import from YHI.

AC Delco is also 3rd party Korean import.

OK tks.

So far my Global seems quite lasting. >2 yrs b4 change. I tried Koba from another shop only lasted slightly more than a year. [thumbsdown]

OK tks.

So far my Global seems quite lasting. >2 yrs b4 change. I tried Koba from another shop only lasted slightly more than a year. [thumbsdown]

Battery depend on luck, depend on how you use also.

I've seen a Hankook last 1 yr and another 2.5 yr.

As a user, you can cultivate good habits to make battery last longer.

Battery depend on luck, depend on how you use also.

I've seen a Hankook last 1 yr and another 2.5 yr.

As a user, you can cultivate good habits to make battery last longer.

Ya the usage was about the same for the Global n the Koba batteries.

I stopped buying the Koba battery n gone back to the Global now.

Was thinking of buying a AC Delco battery cos its CCA is much higher than the Global but if Its not OEM then I wil just stick to the Global.

AC Delco is OEM for GM cars n since my Optra is ...well almost.............. a GM car, I tot it was OEM.

Ya the usage was about the same for the Global n the Koba batteries.

I stopped buying the Koba battery n gone back to the Global now.

Was thinking of buying a AC Delco battery cos its CCA is much higher than the Global but if Its not OEM then I wil just stick to the Global.

AC Delco is OEM for GM cars n since my Optra is ...well almost.............. a GM car, I tot it was OEM.

Imo, you should just stick with Global.

AC Delco is so-so only..again just my opinion.

CCA is debatable. It's not always the higher the better.

Generally for a long lasting battery, CCA must be more than enough to turn over an engine, so the battery is not stressed.

But at the same time to achieve this, the plates must not be too tightly packed into a small space, that it doesn't have much breathing room.

CCA can be achieved by making the plates bigger, but usually it means making it thinner and more fragile.

Some manufacturers can achieve high cca and long lasting battery.

Some can't. They started with high cca and get a shorted cell later on.

Shorted cell is caused by too much debris dropping off the plate and making a bridge at the bottom and short out one cell.

I won't name names, but some brand are prone to shorted cells. [:)]

↡ Advertisement