Do NOT engine flush

Mllcg

Right after use 300v 5w40 @ 120k mileage, drain and swap to 15w50 @128k, previously pennzoil ultra 5w40 and elf excillium 5w40 boh tai ji.

Maybe the oil property cause this.

Valve gasket replace before i bought also proven no leak on engine seals and gaskets.

You could be right.

300v is a double ester group 5 oil and pennzoil ultra and elf excillium are group 4 PAO oils as far as I

know. Maybe your engine prefers group 4 oil and not group 5 oils.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My E60 consume 1L EO every 5k mileage on my motul 300v 5w40, swap to 15w50 engine feel slightly heavier but it give me so smooth on high rev. Maybe my car getting old since it was 130k mileage. Wear and tear can't be avoid but we can slow down it's progress.

Flushing and not flushing is depends on car owner. Somebody said after clear carbon car must mod brake since it feel like flying. Some said after flush engine feel smoother.

I tried all kind of those funky just for fun. And i found best way was change engine oil regularlly, no matter it was 29 dollar oil from giant or 300 dollar oil for big brand.

If you wanna clear and clean all dirty thing from engine, change cheap oil go full speed in ns highway, drain and replace after a trip.

If you still alive, yes, your car will be silky smooth and more powerful as before.

A good point indeed.

Maybe u can try the good old mineral oil since yr car is eating EO.

You could be right.

300v is a double ester group 5 oil and pennzoil ultra and elf excillium are group 4 PAO oils as far as I

Maybe , will try castrol next time.

I not sure my e60 can use mineral oil or not.

Have met a few BMW biker owner who insisted to use Royal Purple MINERAL engine oil only.

A good point indeed.

Maybe u can try the good old mineral oil since yr car is eating EO.

Have met a few BMW biker owner who insisted to use Royal Purple MINERAL engine oil only.

Bike and car different type oil. Bike oil different characteristic since they are thicker coz tranny and engine share one oil , but car got atf and engine oil.

Supersonic

Many claims..etc.

If you want to try something, locally look for Marvel Mystery Oil at Esso station.

Those who have ticking sound when the engine is cold, it seemed to fix it.

It's probably some dirt, contaminant, stuck near the valves making the noise.

PTFE in engine oil has a bad reputation. One company was sued in USA.

Saw the Marvel Mystery Oil at NTUC xtra for $9.50. 450ml.

Says can be added to both eo & petrol. However, it does not state the amount to be added to eo / petrol.

Any advice how much I should add if I pump 30L of petrol? If I add to eo (3.3L), whats the amount to add? Thanks.

You could be right.

300v is a double ester group 5 oil and pennzoil ultra and elf excillium are group 4 PAO oils as far as I

On the topic of Motul. Is it still a "suspect" for Double ester to chew up oil gasket ?

On the topic of Motul. Is it still a "suspect" for Double ester to chew up oil gasket ?

I have never used 300V as it is too expensive but if some one pass me a bottle

I will be happy to be a guinea pig.

From what I read in BITOG no oil eats gaskets.

The problem most people find is they never change their oil for a long time

and one day they change their oil to a synthetic oil and their gasket springs a leak

so they all shout syn oil whether double ester or not eats the gasket.

The real reason is the gasket was gone anyway and changing the oil makes no

difference. I have used syn oil since my first oil change and use single ester oil

and never had a problem with gasket.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

maybe those people bought "single eater" or "double eater" oil.

Please read labels carefully... :D

I have never used 300V as it is too expensive but if some one pass me a bottle

I will be happy to be a guinea pig.

From what I read in BITOG no oil eats gaskets.

The problem most people find is they never change their oil for a long time

and one day they change their oil to a synthetic oil and their gasket springs a leak

so they all shout syn oil whether double ester or not eats the gasket.

The real reason is the gasket was gone anyway and changing the oil makes no

difference. I have used syn oil since my first oil change and use single ester oil

and never had a problem with gasket.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My Lexus "high-end" service centre tell me they strongly recommend me to do "engine flushing" every 20k to "clean off carbon". Damage is 100bucks.

No where in the Lexus service manual or in their website do they mention this requirement. Looking through the thread it looks like this is a way to flush our money away?

Anyone experienced this with a AD service centre?

Not only flushing your money away, be prepared for earlier and more frequent gasket change. Parts are cheap, but labour is not. Worse case scenario, you'll have engine breaking down after flushing.

To clear carbon is to run the engine long and hard. Unfortunately, with automatic transmission it is very difficult.

• Praise 1

Not only flushing your money away, be prepared for earlier and more frequent gasket change. Parts are cheap, but labour is not. Worse case scenario, you'll have engine breaking down after flushing.

To clear carbon is to run the engine long and hard. Unfortunately, with automatic transmission it is very difficult.

wat aboot running auto gearbox on manual, manually shifting up/down with gear/flipper shifters?

wat aboot running auto gearbox on manual, manually shifting up/down with gear/flipper shifters?

Yeah.. So true. Just control it manually. Dun need to worry about over rev even to red line. There'll be rev limiter to prevent it. When u rev into red line zone, you will feel the rpm going up n down repeatedly telling u to upshift. No harm done, so no worries.

Supersonic

My Lexus "high-end" service centre tell me they strongly recommend me to do "engine flushing" every 20k to "clean off carbon". Damage is 100bucks.

No where in the Lexus service manual or in their website do they mention this requirement. Looking through the thread it looks like this is a way to flush our money away?

Use the proper spec engine oil and change out at the recommended interval.

They already come loaded with detergent to clean the engine. And it's cleaning it every time the engine runs. Why do you need another "engine flush" ?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Use the proper spec engine oil and change out at the recommended interval.

They already come loaded with detergent to clean the engine. And it's cleaning it every time the engine runs. Why do you need another "engine flush" ?

Maybe some did not change engine oil at regular interval and recommended spects . Then lose it effectivness.. Most of the time I feel it just gimmick. Never engine flash also like that... Engine still run as fine and smooth if change oil regularly..

• Praise 1

Just next door,  Toyota service centre the same.   [laugh]

I would say it'll depend on your usage.  

I too hate Engine Flush.  I have a new name for it,  called Engine-Money-Flushed, because its a waste of money and can cause problems too.

I had a engine flush applied once a upon a time nong nong nana ago, where the folks pour the bottle into the engine just prior to the actual oil change, and let it run for a few mins.  When they engine oil(which then includes the engine flush fluids) are drained, I asked isnt there some residual engine flush left in my engine and isnt it gonna be there till the next Egine Oil change like another 5000km?  The shop said,"its ok one, a little does no harm.  You can do another Engine Oil change to flush out this Engine Flush" :huh:  <_< ...

So I use engine flush to flush clean my engine, and engine oil to flush away the engine flush residues? [thumbsdown] .  I don't need a masters degree to understand this is total Bull [:|] .

Whats worse, whatever engine flush residues made my engine noisier, and I always equate noisier to bad.  Again no PHD needed.

Verdict.  Whatever great EO you use, the best EO is one that you change regularly.  Regular change include once in a while a 1000km interval is as good as a flush.  Its almost like diluting  the dirtied EO.  I now change by EO every 5k km.  Last I opened up my engine valve cover, all parts look so clean like new.

• Praise 2

I too hate Engine Flush.  I have a new name for it,  called Engine-Money-Flushed, because its a waste of money and can cause problems too.

I had a engine flush applied once a upon a time nong nong nana ago, where the folks pour the bottle into the engine just prior to the actual oil change, and let it run for a few mins.  When they engine oil(which then includes the engine flush fluids) are drained, I asked isnt there some residual engine flush left in my engine and isnt it gonna be there till the next Egine Oil change like another 5000km?  The shop said,"its ok one, a little does no harm.  You can do another Engine Oil change to flush out this Engine Flush" :huh:  <_< ...

So I use engine flush to flush clean my engine, and engine oil to flush away the engine flush residues? [thumbsdown] .  I don't need a masters degree to understand this is total Bull [:|] .

Whats worse, whatever engine flush residues made my engine noisier, and I always equate noisier to bad.  Again no PHD needed.

Verdict.  Whatever great EO you use, the best EO is one that you change regularly.  Regular change include once in a while a 1000km interval is as good as a flush.  Its almost like diluting  the dirtied EO.  I now change by EO every 5k km.  Last I opened up my engine valve cover, all parts look so clean like new.

Eh... why u need to open engine valve cover?

I agree, change EO at 5k is a good practise. 

↡ Advertisement