MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Hi,

Typically 6k discount from list price?

I managed to get only 1k less, plus 6k over trade.

List Price

Standard - 103,800

Exec- 111,800

Hi,

List Price

Standard - 103,800

Exec- 111,800

Edited by Jailbird005
↡ Advertisement

Hi Newbie,

Ouch !

Booked 3 weeks ago at 109300 and that was only after squeezed for another 1.5k discount .. fortunately ..keke !

No wonder they bidded quite aggresdively in my opinion at 31k+ during last week's coe bidding and missed only by 700 ... guess have to adopt positive thinking that I will get it soon .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Shalom,

What was your final price ?

No trade in car but had to take minimum 1 yr loan of 30k.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Richard

Booked 6 weeks ago without trade-in @ $105k right after d launch......soul red....

I was told that soul red additional 1k....if not only 104k

Price difference so much within 3 weeks.....faintz....

Edited by Jailbird005
  • Praise 1

Hi Newbie,

Ouch !

Booked 3 weeks ago at 109300 and that was only after squeezed for another 1.5k discount .. fortunately ..keke !

No wonder they bidded quite aggresdively in my opinion at 31k+ during last week's coe bidding and missed only by 700 ... guess have to adopt positive thinking that I will get it soon .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

My bid missed $700 also last round!

Edited by S2s1
  • Praise 2

Hi Bro, congrats for the great price u got, must be among the first to book at launch

TEk prices up and down every 4-5 days and sometimes dont really follow logic

well at least their marketing strategy allow customers to nego a few k off list price

There are others like civic, so difficult even knock to 1-2k off, whereas at the other end like bMW, even for their 3 series, everything is so

flexible 

think coe needs to drop further to get the buy price u got

Booked 6 weeks ago without trade-in @ $105k right after d launch......soul red....

Hi Bro

Once u have booked, better not to compare prices liao

There are people who got Mazda 3 at 120-30k plus and Mazda 6 at >150 plus, just only a few yrs ago

and Mazda 6 was at 130k just 2 years ago

Mazda6 is their most premium sedan, u confirm will get ur coe by 3/4 bids unless coe shoots up north by 10k!,  which is highly unlikely

Hi Newbie,

Ouch !

Cheers.

Richard
Hi Shalom,

What was your final price ?

No trade in car but had to take minimum 1 yr loan of 30k.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 3

Hi Jailbird,

Thanks for the info .. great launch price !

Did see advert on launch of M6 but never thought at this price and hence did not visit eurokar while doing rounds of test drive .. haha !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Bro, congrats for the great price u got, must be among the first to book at launch

TEk prices up and down every 4-5 days and sometimes dont really follow logic

well at least their marketing strategy allow customers to nego a few k off list price

There are others like civic, so difficult even knock to 1-2k off, whereas at the other end like bMW, even for their 3 series, everything is so

flexible

think coe needs to drop further to get the buy price u got

Hi Bro

Once u have booked, better not to compare prices liao

There are people who got Mazda 3 at 120-30k plus and Mazda 6 at >150 plus, just only a few yrs ago

and Mazda 6 was at 130k just 2 years ago

Mazda6 is their most premium sedan, u confirm will get ur coe by 3/4 bids unless coe shoots up north by 10k!, which is highly unlikely

Hi Newbie,

No worry .. I am not the sort who looks back and waste time one .. oreli 56 yr old and limited time .. haha !

Give me time machine and same decision if same circumstance and knowledge ... query is just for reference.

Cheers.

Richard

very good price for the Exec bro

i got my Standard at 97,xxx

• Praise 3

Mazda 6 prices have dropped 2k across the board

M6 2.0

standard 104k

executive 111k

For those who missed earlier, should have chance to get a standard below 100k now  [:)]

For buyers who aren't in a hurry, be careful not to be lured by mere couple of thousand dollars saving, even though that is more than the latest cat B COE price decline, especially for those who would typically change their cars before COE expiry, as Mazda cars have rather poor resale / trade-in values as bros here would attest, and this not helped by the erratic pricing by TEK for its new cars and Mazda's strategy to facelift and revamp its models more frequently than its peers do, so that even my SE admitted that buyers now may be in for a rude shock when they find steep depreciation in the values of their relatively new cars, when Mazda rolls out its facelifted or new models sooner rather than later.

Edited by kykh
  • Praise 4

Actually no matter how one looks at it, they have priced their Maz 6 very well.

Facelift or not, internally so many changes already, externally long lasting look just needed tweaking

Resale value is relative to the new car price and Maz 6 little different from the other Jap cars for resale

If entry price is high, sure lose big big no matter what car make 

BMW 316, last 5 years listed prices tight range 170-180 until recently,

Drive 3 years, dealers take them at 50% of buy price

At current pricing, standard Maz 6 a 2L Mid size sedan at 98k, how much can one lose after 3 years at 9-10k depr over 10 years

Think Ur SE references are for those who bought at much higher pricing at > 130K, this applies to Camry (165k), altis (125k), civic (125k) too during the period  

For buyers who aren't in a hurry, be careful not to be lured by mere couple of thousand dollars saving, even though that is more than the latest cat B COE price decline, especially for those who would typically change their cars before COE expiry, as Mazda cars have rather poor resale / trade-in values as bros here would attest, and this not helped by the erratic pricing by TEK for its new cars and Mazda's strategy to facelift and revamp its models more frequently than its peers do, so that even my SE admitted that buyers now may be in for a rude shock when they find steep depreciation in the values of their relatively new cars, when Mazda rolls out its facelifted or new models sooner rather than later.

• Praise 10

Hi kykh,

Guess never best time to change new car and sure lose one ... except lose a bit less when coe rises significantly.

For mazda 6 that is 2.0-2.5 segment at current pricing, my thought is that it there is a $ buffer against accord, camry etc. though mazda 3 is different in 1.6-2.0 segment with more competition.

A quick check on used car segment of my 3 yrs old nissan 1.2 qashqai and equitable toyota altis back then shows that dealers' asking price of about 70k is actually the same albiet not sure which is easier to be sold eventually. Another quick check on mazda 3 shows about 63k which is actually proportionally the same against its lowered price.

Guess if anything learnt here is buying cheapest cars is the way to go as there will be more potential used car buyers looking just on pricing else they would get new ones but then again, life is short and just buy within reasonable means and hopefully other satisfied wishes and fancies make ok buying sense.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: in my case of mazda 6 executive for wife, it means bsm and safety gadgetries vs audi A3 and Q2 initially under consideration with none and too small for my big arse that is held 3/4 .. lol !

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 5

Actually no matter how one looks at it, they have priced their Maz 6 very well.

Facelift or not, internally so many changes already, externally long lasting look just needed tweaking

Resale value is relative to the new car price and Maz 6 little different from the other Jap cars for resale

If entry price is high, sure lose big big no matter what car make 

BMW 316, last 5 years listed prices tight range 170-180 until recently,

Drive 3 years, dealers take them at 50% of buy price

At current pricing, standard Maz 6 a 2L Mid size sedan at 98k, how much can one lose after 3 years at 9-10k depr over 10 years

Think Ur SE references are for those who bought at much higher pricing at > 130K, this applies to Camry (165k), altis (125k), civic (125k) too during the period  

Totally agree with your comments. Wonder if the said Mazda SE can advise which car brand offer a high resale value if bought 3 years ago at $140k plus. My friend's Audi bought at above $200k in late 2014, just sold his 4 years old car to dealer at $90k plus only.   

Hi,

Meaning nett price of??

• Praise 4

Totally agree with your comments. Wonder if the said Mazda SE can advise which car brand offer a high resale value if bought 3 years ago at $140k plus. My friend's Audi bought at above $200k in late 2014, just sold his 4 years old car to dealer at $90k plus only.

Meaning nett price of??

Guess about there.

Now the mazda 3 new is ard 83k thereabout basic model.

2yrs old one prob can expect to fetch on sgcarmart ard 63k thereabout. Or say 75 to 80percent to current new price and not to the old 2016 prices mah. 2016 prob back then sell avg say 98k for a new model.

Hi kykh,

Guess never best time to change new car and sure lose one ... except lose a bit less when coe rises significantly.

For mazda 6 that is 2.0-2.5 segment at current pricing, my thought is that it there is a $ buffer against accord, camry etc. though mazda 3 is different in 1.6-2.0 segment with more competition.

A quick check on used car segment of my 3 yrs old nissan 1.2 qashqai and equitable toyota altis back then shows that dealers' asking price of about 70k is actually the same albiet not sure which is easier to be sold eventually. Another quick check on mazda 3 shows about 63k which is actually proportionally the same against its lowered price.

Guess if anything learnt here is buying cheapest cars is the way to go as there will be more potential used car buyers looking just on pricing else they would get new ones but then again, life is short and just buy within reasonable means and hopefully other satisfied wishes and fancies make ok buying sense.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: in my case of mazda 6 executive for wife, it means bsm and safety gadgetries vs audi A3 and Q2 initially under consideration with none and too small for my big arse that is held 3/4 .. lol !

Badgewise audi more prestige only. But honestly a3 too small vs mazda 6 lor. Sizewise is mazda 2 vs audi 3. Hehe but price maths is diff
  • Praise 1

Meaning nett price of??

What??? Seriously bro??? You're not kidding right? That's like loss of more than 50% with only 40% of COE used up... really heart pain leh...
  • Praise 1

Guess about there.

Now the mazda 3 new is ard 83k thereabout basic model.

2yrs old one prob can expect to fetch on sgcarmart ard 63k thereabout. Or say 75 to 80percent to current new price and not to the old 2016 prices mah. 2016 prob back then sell avg say 98k for a new model.

Badgewise audi more prestige only. But honestly a3 too small vs mazda 6 lor. Sizewise is mazda 2 vs audi 3. Hehe but price maths is diff

Hi Spurman,

Ya lor ... wanted to fulfill wife's dream of driving conti since we both collected cpf liao .. lol !

Nearly got carried away to sign 134k for the Q2 but too small and very very bumpy ride ... she also think no need to spend 163k for the dream xc40 on promo.

Mazda6 was the only car test drove that made me feel bad getting back into the interior of my souped up forester xt and the good price helped sealed the deal.

Cheers.

Richard

appears true

e.g

Audi A4 late 2014 listed price 225k

Current resale price 80-90k

agents frequently say, used audi tough to sell, so they press price low low  [bigcry]

Like what have been said, if bought between 2013-2014, heart pain to sell now

new mazda3 model was launched in 2014 for 130kplus

Altis was between 125-130k too, Camry 160k plus

What??? Seriously bro??? You're not kidding right? That's like loss of more than 50% with only 40% of COE used up... really heart pain leh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3