Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Have been checking the time taken to clear both customs using google map for the last 2 dsys before my current trip to Kukup. Observed that contrary to recent horror experiences shared in this forum, typically take about an hour to clesr either way.

This morning when reached 2nd link at 730am, wss surprised to see no queue at all! Drove straight to the custom booth! And only took less than 10min to clear at Malaysia end. Can see all drivers nearby smiling very broadļy.

So really, do not let this potential jam put off your trips up North. Think the next wave of worse days would be few days from end of December.

↡ Advertisement

Sunday when I went in via Tua to Malaysia, it was a breeze. It's the returning that tooke 2 hours jam via tuas. The jam started at the toll

Edited by Extremme

My return trip today also amazingly fast as far as Customs are concerned. 

Reached Malaysia Customs at 2nd link about 2pm and got my passport chopped in 15min inclusive of queuing for about 10min to reach the booth. Also cleared Singapore side in about 10min.  

Would be entering Johor again soon in view of the short time to clear the Customs haha.

siao liao, tonight im coming back around 1-2am thru tuas.

like that, have to stay late in KL for supper before heading back to sin

Report said Woodland Checkpoint (Causeway) not at Tuas Link ... [drivingcar]  

The report also remind drivers to use Tuas Link during this period.

• Praise 1

Report said Woodland Checkpoint (Causeway) not at Tuas Link ... [drivingcar]  

The report also remind drivers to use Tuas Link during this period.

If woodland check point close, all drivers have to shift to tuas checkpoint.

i only use Tuas checkpoint 

If woodland check point close, all drivers have to shift to tuas checkpoint.

i only use Tuas checkpoint 

Those going in to pump cheap petrol from Causeway during this closing hours will tulang .... :a-bang:

Pump full tank at JB and there detour to Tuas Link which is about 60 km away. :lll._.:

Have to top up another few dollars before crossing the checkpoints .... :confident:

Those going in to pump cheap petrol from Causeway during this closing hours will tulang .... :a-bang:

Pump full tank at JB and there detour to Tuas Link which is about 60 km away. :lll._.:

Have to top up another few dollars before crossing the checkpoints .... :confident:

then everyone rush to tuas check point where get stuck in the jam for 4 hrs and wasted 1/4 tank [laugh]

Just went Aeon at Bukit Indah yesterday on impulse.

Reached Tuas 2nd link at about 10am and took less than an hour to clear both Customs. Lesson learnt has been not to follow those Malaysia Starex when queing at booth. Was behind one that took more than 10min but I could not reverse due to cars queued up behind. Eventually a siren was put on the car and LLST slowly reversed my way out to another booth.

Came back reached Malaysia Customs at anout 9pm, drove stright to a empty booth. When reach Singapore end, was stopped and inpected by ICA officers who demanded to see the receipts. Can see he really visually trying to add up all the figures. Eventually he remarked that mine  just breached the day trip limit of S$150/pax, but he is not pursuing due to mine being borderline case. Heng ah! Those who going in for shopping please take note of the shopping limit.

Subsequently drove behind another car to have the passports inspected and was glad that the return trip has been smooth.

Think will go in again before end of the year haha.

Just went Aeon at Bukit Indah yesterday on impulse.

Reached Tuas 2nd link at about 10am and took less than an hour to clear both Customs. Lesson learnt has been not to follow those Malaysia Starex when queing at booth. Was behind one that took more than 10min but I could not reverse due to cars queued up behind. Eventually a siren was put on the car and LLST slowly reversed my way out to another booth.

Came back reached Malaysia Customs at anout 9pm, drove stright to a empty booth. When reach Singapore end, was stopped and inpected by ICA officers who demanded to see the receipts. Can see he really visually trying to add up all the figures. Eventually he remarked that mine just breached the day trip limit of S$150/pax, but he is not pursuing due to mine being borderline case. Heng ah! Those who going in for shopping please take note of the shopping limit.

Subsequently drove behind another car to have the passports inspected and was glad that the return trip has been smooth.

Think will go in again before end of the year haha.

Huuuuuuh? Got shopping limit? Since when?

Been to JB for years never need to show anyone receipts before.

been there for all these years. if u dont shop till so obvious that it is a lot, they wont ask. but if they can clearly see u buy expensive items like tv, fans, etc....then they sure will ask. 

• Praise 1

As Shorty replied, it is there all these years haha.

But I never got those big-ticket items like TV or fan, just some clothes and grocery shopping. A year ago I also went in and was not queried. Maybe then I was driving the Vellfire then so everything look little, while now driving a small hatchback so look like a lot. In fact I bought way less yesterday so just my luck.

↡ Advertisement