SG Navy accident

Donut

Hope he signed on with the aviva regulars group disability scheme. If not, SAF should do something.

with or without personnal insurance, SAF should compensate a reasonable amount. really feel sad for this guy..... [bigcry] no amount of compensation will bring a smile to him... but at least can help his family...

Edited by Baphomet
↡ Advertisement

with or without personnal insurance, SAF should compensate a reasonable amount. really feel sad for this guy..... [bigcry] no amount of compensation will bring a smile to him... but at least can help his family...

I dont think SAF will compensate much, maybe keep him on their payroll for some time and then discharge.

Depends on how much insurance he buys :

http://www.aviva.com.sg/pdf/SAF_GTL_Brochure.pdf

Not what i'm referring to. This is group term life insurance.

Aviva actually has group term disability income insurance rider for regulars. That means you actually get $ monthly if you become disabled for whatever reason. But the details are only known to regulars i think.

i don't think so siah. Usually they keep them on few years max. Or usually until his recovery is complete.

Thatz what I think too. Those ppl I know of injured during service were downgraded and contract not extended. They were posted to shore-base unit and left after contract expired.

as long as he wants to stay on at the position that they can offer him (i don't know what it will be & the pay), it will be until retirement age.

u saw the recent ads of the blind bowler in the papers? he was an ex-regular blinded in a service accident in the '80s & SAF still employs him, TODAY.

death & TPD compensation in SAF is not peanuts hor (not to say i want it or mean it to happen to anyone) ... that is independent of other insurance schemes.

as long as he wants to stay on at the position that they can offer him (i don't know what it will be & the pay), it will be until retirement age.

u saw the recent ads of the blind bowler in the papers? he was an ex-regular blinded in a service accident in the '80s & SAF still employs him, TODAY.

death & TPD compensation in SAF is not peanuts hor (not to say i want it or mean it to happen to anyone) ... that is independent of other insurance schemes.

2 legs gone, left arm gone, right hand left 2 fingers, wah lao, this is way beyond blindness in my opinion. Just thinking about it is damn saddening lor.

Hope he will be strong and have the willpower to overcome life's many obstacles along the way.

Personally, i will be totally depressed and not sure if can ever face or want to face the days ahead.....it's very very tough and sudden from total mobility to this.

Safe ride and cherish both life and health

Cheers

• Praise 1

damn sad man.

really hope the government compensate him well and god bless him for speedy recovery!

I think no matter how much the compensation, lost both legs and an arm is the end [:(]

there will be compensation + life time employment.

saf not known to be disabled friendly.

no legs. one arm and 2 finger. what job can he do in SAF?

Edited by Little_prince

Thatz what I think too. Those ppl I know of injured during service were downgraded and contract not extended. They were posted to shore-base unit and left after contract expired.

this seems much more likely.

my concern for the guy is that he requires long term medical care probably.

without employement he lose out on medical benefits, it's gonna be very painful for his family financially.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/...025-379785.html

U referring to this blind bowler???

"Even with the little ability someone has in life, it's enough to bring the life to another level," said Mr Yong, who is an executive assistant at ST Electronics and a father of two.

i think its not such a good deal. if not. SAF won't ask people to buy group term insurance liao.

the compensation amount itself is usually small.

What they usually do is that give u say 1-2 years to fully recover, while meanwhile giving u full pay. Meanwhile everything during then covered by SAF.

After that and compensation $, it's still byebye.