Jump to content

Overseas Restaurant


Porker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

They have opened a branch at Shaw Tower. I know and have sampled its famed KL main branch so the perennial question is are they as good here in Singapore?

As gay as it sounds, the cha siew is to die for :D:D

 

Any FRs welcome and appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, their char siew is as good as the KL branch.

But I only like the char siew and siao bak.

Edited by Ender
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

They have opened a branch at Shaw Tower. I know and have sampled its famed KL main branch so the perennial question is are they as good here in Singapore?

As gay as it sounds, the cha siew is to die for :D:D

 

Any FRs welcome and appreciated.

 

Am a huge fan of their char siew at their main shop @ Jalan Imbi so when they started a branch here , tried it during their soft launch , opening day and 2 months after , hugely disappointed . Nowhere near their Imbi shop standards so would say dun waste your time . Even their other dishes taste so so only !!!

 

Would rather do a 3 hours drive to eat whenever the cravings for char siew starts ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

They have been there for a while. Took over Ah Yat, I think.

 

Yes, the char siew and siow bak is v good. That's coming from someone who isn't a big fan of roast meat but they won me over.

 

Their suckling pig is good too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Am a huge fan of their char siew at their main shop @ Jalan Imbi so when they started a branch here , tried it during their soft launch , opening day and 2 months after , hugely disappointed . Nowhere near their Imbi shop standards so would say dun waste your time . Even their other dishes taste so so only !!!

 

Would rather do a 3 hours drive to eat whenever the cravings for char siew starts ...

Damn. If you diss their standards here...looks like I must drive up liao.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it and it is not as good. The meat at Imbi literally melts in your mouth, can't say the same for the one in Singapore.

 

Anyone tried the char siew and roasted pork at Jalan Alor? Heard it is as good and a lot cheaper.

Edited by Voodooman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Damn. If you diss their standards here...looks like I must drive up liao.

 

Yes , must try dish will be their pork belly with salted fish claypot , chicken pot soup ( must advance order ) , steam soon hock , har lok and their 4 heavenly kings veg ....

 

now i feel like driving up this weekend !!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Wow! Just as suspected.

Not sure about Jalan Alor roasted pork but the grilled fish and bbq chicken wings are good at Alor

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one at Jalan Alor is called Ming kee i think, next to hotel Nova. I tried both, overseas restarant just last saturday, Ming kee a couple months ago. Think i prefer Ming kee char siew taste although not as melt in mouth, but overall, overseas wins out cos the rest of their menu is not bad and its a proper restaurant but is reasonably priced. Mingkee is a dingy looking coffeeshop, but its really cheap and nice though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, their char siew is as good as the KL branch.

But I only like the char siew and siao bak.

 

their char siew is healthier here but not as tasty as the fatty one in KL. Fried rice just as good. overall, KL one still better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

their char siew is healthier here but not as tasty as the fatty one in KL. Fried rice just as good. overall, KL one still better.

The ones I ordered here, every pieces guarantee a significant amount of fats that's why I always prefer overseas char siew (both KL and here) than the meng kee (KL).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Just as suspected.

Not sure about Jalan Alor roasted pork but the grilled fish and bbq chicken wings are good at Alor

 

the char siew sio bak in a coffee shop further up Jln Imbi is nearly as good at a fraction of the price and no queue. It is the coffee shop opposite the Honda dealership at the junction coming out from Jln Walter Garnier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

I think I know which one you're referring to. Heck almost all Chinese food in Malaysia taste good

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I know which one you're referring to. Heck almost all Chinese food in Malaysia taste good

 

 

go PJ/SS2 got a lot of coffee shops, no queue somemore :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I know which one you're referring to. Heck almost all Chinese food in Malaysia taste good

 

I normally go there for breakfast if I am staying around Jalan Imbi. The corner pork noodles is nice and cheap. Yah, heck. Any coffee shop outside tourist area is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes any coffeeshop in Malaysia will do

 

doesn't even need to be a restaurant

 

to get good food there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

They have opened a branch at Shaw Tower. I know and have sampled its famed KL main branch so the perennial question is are they as good here in Singapore?

As gay as it sounds, the cha siew is to die for :D:D

 

Any FRs welcome and appreciated.

 

 

Your Oversea Restaurant closed down liao.........

 

Shaw Tower is a bad place for F&B business...

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...