This is why you don't jam brake on the expressway

Twincharged

I think these drivers that don't know what speed they are at... need to retake their driving license....

how can one not know what speed they are at?!??

When you are the passenger in a car next time try asking the driver randomly what speed he is travelling at. Many drivers don't look at the speedo when they drive these are probably the same drivers that don't check their rearview mirrors as well. So when they see a speed camera first reaction is to brake just in case.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

the title is wrong. It should be. That's why you shouldn't speed and jam brake only when,see tp.

suddenly the fault of individual who speed become the fault of TP?

TP is the catalyst.

If you remove the catalyst from some chemical reaction, probably nothing will happen.

If you add the catalyst, kaboomzz..

Twincharged

When I'm driving along these "hotspot" roads, I keep to the middle lane with my cruise control on. The BMW cruise control is really quite precise, and goes "off" at most about 2km/h with changes in road elevation or curves. Despite this, I still see many people (presumably without cruise or who never bothered with it) impatiently overtaking me, only to jam brake when they see the white ants.

Not all cars have cruise control. My family's cars have cruise control but my own car doesn't so even when I am driving my family's cars I also don't have the habit of using it. Plus I think some people's cruise control set at higher than the speed limit when they drive cuz they always think TP got give +-10km/h. My own dad does that. He'll set the cruise control to 10km/h higher than the speed limit then when a camera comes up he'll still be worried and slow down then turn on the cruise control again after that.

the title is wrong. It should be. That's why you shouldn't speed and jam brake only when,see tp.

suddenly the fault of individual who speed become the fault of TP?

The thread title has a limit on number of words.

Twincharged
(edited)

TP is the catalyst.

If you remove the catalyst from some chemical reaction, probably nothing will happen.

Then everyone should be removed from the road. Cuz it can be argued that it is the tailgaters who are the catalyst because when you remove them this wouldn't happen. Or the tailgaters will reply the hoggers are the catalysts because when you remove them there will be no need to tailgate.

Edited by Nzy

Turbocharged

TP is the catalyst.

tp is not the catalyst. The driver is. If he know the speed limit or know what speed he is going at and keep to the speed limit then see tp also not scare. Why scare?? Because he did something wrong against the law.

car is the catalyst. If they didn't invent car we don't have such problem Liao.

Then everyone should be removed from the road. Cuz it can be argued that it is the tailgaters who are the catalyst because when you remove them this wouldn't happen. Or the tailgaters will reply the hoggers are the catalysts because when you remove them there will be no need to tailgate.

Turbocharged

I don't understand why biker fault??

to create the force to push the bike over the car.. I believe the car behind the bike didn't even slow down much..

even if the bike was able to stop without hitting the cam car, I am quite sure the car behind the bike will still causes a chain collision..

I think these drivers that don't know what speed they are at... need to retake their driving license....

how can one not know what speed they are at?!??

I assumed the biker hit the car first, then the following car hit his bike...

If I'm wrong, most humble apologies

tp is not the catalyst. The driver is. If he know the speed limit or know what speed he is going at and keep to the speed limit then see tp also not scare. Why scare?? Because he did something wrong against the law.

I don't agree, if they dont sneak up on us on overhead bridges, why would anyone be constantly looking out? The unreasonably low speed limits, coupled with modern cars, makes it so hard to keep to such a slow speed.

Turbocharged

I don't agree, if they dont sneak up on us on overhead bridges, why would anyone be constantly looking out? The unreasonably low speed limits, coupled with modern cars, makes it so hard to keep to such a slow speed.

If u don't break the law. U won't even be bother with them.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

When you are the passenger in a car next time try asking the driver randomly what speed he is travelling at. Many drivers don't look at the speedo when they drive these are probably the same drivers that don't check their rearview mirrors as well. So when they see a speed camera first reaction is to brake just in case.

Some may not know the exact speed at the back of their hand.. but would at least give be able to give a rough estimate..

blaming on the busy road is not forgiveable.. It simply just means that the person have huge trouble managing a vehicle given that situation and he/she should not be driving.

If a split second check on the speedo is so difficult, I cannot imagine when something sudden happens, how he/she reacts to it...

besides, one should at least have a rough estimate of their speed simply by looking outside..

Biker ride safe... Why always wanna be on lane 1??

in malaysia, rider usually dun go on the right lane, but when they come here, all hog the right lane <_<<_<

Turbocharged

in malaysia, rider usually dun go on the right lane, but when they come here, all hog the right lane <_<<_<

Malaysian fault??

Supercharged

I assumed the biker hit the car first, then the following car hit his bike...

If I'm wrong, most humble apologies

well, we can't tell for sure if the bike hit the car or the car hits the bike first..

but one thing we can tell, is the car did exert a force so strong to push a bike probably 200kg at least over a car..

that itself I believe can prove that the car behind the bike didn't manage to stop in time.

Turbocharged

Wrong conclusion. It's better for these idiots to devote their time to active patrols to catch the real dangers on the road - like vehicles driving dangerously (not just going faster than the limit, but lane-cutting, sudden braking, etc.), overloaded tipper trucks, etc.

If a stretch is notorious for a high accident rate because of treacherous conditions, then have a clearly signed fixed speed camera before it. I don't think anyone sensible objects to these devices, as long as they're placed only in real hot spots and they're clearly signed from afar. After all, the purpose is to reduce speeds not collect $$ and penalise drivers, isn't it?

Sneaky tactics like photo sniping from the bridges and the now-so-ubiquitous-they're-as-meaningless-as-the-bogeyman signs saying "Camera Zone" and "Speed Check Area" should be done away with. They just slow down the average speeds and cause denser traffic flow without a convincing effect on safety.

I want to praise your post but already used up before.. 50 Praises award to you!

• Praise 1

Have seen this sort of thing before. Boliao unkers (like Jman888) and Banglas are the most common "offenders". :D

i was just doing my part to keep the traffic in check [laugh][laugh]

Supercharged

When I'm driving along these "hotspot" roads, I keep to the middle lane with my cruise control on. The BMW cruise control is really quite precise, and goes "off" at most about 2km/h with changes in road elevation or curves. Despite this, I still see many people (presumably without cruise or who never bothered with it) impatiently overtaking me, only to jam brake when they see the white ants.

sigh... cruise control. something i am still trying to afford lah.

the only cruise control i could afford now is my right foot! [sly]

BTW... driving on cruise control, means you literally sit on the sofa and move the steering wheel only leh. buay sian meh when driving liddat?

i really hope the biker is ok...

i see alot case of ppl jam brake and i experience as couple of times too... with once earlier this year where by a bmw got his front damage ( a few car behind me..) lucky me that the taxi behing brake in time... i was looking at the rear mirror praying hard after the jam brake to a haul...

my advice is to drive or ride defensively! keep a proper safety distance so u can avoid the jam brake ripper effect! the braking distance and reaction time will get shorter and shorter if one jam brake infront of the queue of car... if you are too close to the car infront... ur chances of hitting is alot higher!

I try to do that most of the time. problem is, everytime there is a gap big enough for people to su-et chia, some joker will inherently squeeze into that gap THEN DRIVE SLOWER than me, forcing me to slow down as well.

damn hate drivers liddat as well.

Turbocharged

I try to do that most of the time. problem is, everytime there is a gap big enough for people to su-et chia, some joker will inherently squeeze into that gap THEN DRIVE SLOWER than me, forcing me to slow down as well.

damn hate drivers liddat as well.

so true.

things that you always see some dumb drivers do:

Driving on the right lane, when there is a gap in front of you, a car will squeeze in and then drive slower than you to create safety distance between him and car in front. Repeat ad nauseam for next car to squeeze in new gap.

During hard braking, the car in front maintains the same safety distance throughout the braking and down to stopping.

Cutting out to filter lane from extreme right lane at last minute. Braking to almost a stop just to change lane to the left, leaving all the cars in the right lane to jam up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1