2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If door handle can be spoilt, the person opening the door must be some hulk? Force too strong liao. Lol. 

If hyundai car door handle so easy spoilt, then how did those hyundai taxi survive, since the door handles everyday so high usage, and people always open the door without any care de.

Good question. No running away from it i guess - this straight imply that either the previous owners were hulks, or it's me liao 🤣

i better go count the number of cars i drove/owned/own/drive that don't have this problem... need some stats to save me 😅

ok, owned one Wish for 13 yr, and it didn't have this problem - my biggest alibi...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, Compro said:

@Ttb36 We all know what KMC workshop is up too. Every time you send in your car, not only the original problem is not fixed, and you may get extra. So do inspect your car in full before leaving the service center.

Is that a defamatory statement?

On 10/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, Atrecord said:

Good question. No running away from it i guess - this straight imply that either the previous owners were hulks, or it's me liao 🤣

i better go count the number of cars i drove/owned/own/drive that don't have this problem... need some stats to save me 😅

ok, owned one Wish for 13 yr, and it didn't have this problem - my biggest alibi...

17 minutes ago, Compro said:

@13177 I am one of them, Avante. Light use.

I still cannot believe door handle can spoilt so easy de. Esp current hyundai cars, quality should be better lo. If you tell me hyundai cars 20-25 years ago, maybe i would believe quality really bad. Lol.

@RogerNg_185295 

You just need to sit and drink coffee at their waiting area to know this is in fact true.

You will know how many complaints each day! One most classic complaint I heard is a driver commented he is like driving a toy car.

By the way, we get some update in testing of the F870G HP car cam that come pre-installed with many Hyundai card back in 2018 and 2019. Where KMC and the local agent cannot do anything about it. Most people though the battery is bad and need to change to a new car cam!

Is not battery issue. After testing weeks and with help from a friend in Taiwan.

Managed to get a working FW for this camera. For those interested.

V3.05.01_sg has no issue

V3.05.02_sg has firmware issue. The issue is the camera can only have date/time setting for year 2018, 2019,2020, 2021.

You will find only driving sometime, the cam gets its date/time from GPS. Which is about 10 to 15 minutes later.

Then you will have following 2 issues:

1. First 10 to 15 minutes of footage is not captured in SD card.

2. When finally, you stop the car and off engine. The cam is going to power down and firmware started to get problem with date/time for year 2022 so it gets reset to 2018 default.

3. Story repeat.

Those who gotten this KMC installed F870g cam from 2019 will start to face this problem in year 2022 as I believe most of the stock is on firmware level v3.05.02_sg. Those before this level is not affected. Managed to get support from Taiwan F870g dealer, who response quickly Vs the one in Singapore (basically is hopeless, same for KMC).

Edited by Compro

2 minutes ago, Compro said:

@RogerNg_185295 You just need to sit and drink coffee at their waiting area. You will know how many complaints each day! One most classic complaint I heard is a driver commented he is like driving a toy car.

Service advisor Job is not easy. One rude customer such as unfazed can make you wanna beat him up. But I believe komoco SA will not go to his type of low level.

@RogerNg_185295 

Right on spot. Meet one of them. Think the guy no more in the service center.

We all know service line is not easy. Most important is the company culture. If top management do not take matter seriously, need not to say those work in the company.

Ever heard about SMRT culture? How many times you saw people commented the workshop say "is normal" here?

Some may remember VW gear box issue several years back. What did one of the VW directors commented in the media? He is blaming their customer is too demanding. Now you see what their sales performance are!

Edited by Compro

Twincharged
On 10/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, Atrecord said:

My parents had the wish too. Bloody robust. 

• Praise 1

@RogerNg_185295 u not fair lah.. say him defamatory.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Is that a defamatory statement?

then here no say? like that double standard u know?

6 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Service advisor Job is not easy. One rude customer such as unfazed can make you wanna beat him up. But I believe komoco SA will not go to his type of low level.

Edited by Terratoss

OK. Door handle arrived Last night. Ordered on shopee on 2/10 night. So 8 days delivery time. Pretty speedy from china. 

Steps

1. Need to remove a plastic stopper on door panel. Loosen the screw.

2. Use a pry tool to pry the rear part of the handle away where the keys usually go (don't pry the rubber). 

3. Removed the rear part can slide the actual handle back then lift out. 

4. Remove the cable connector which was actually the most difficult cos it's bloody tight to remove and replace again later. I had to use pliers to depress the catch in removal and a bit of luck with the slotting in again. 

5. Reverse process. Putting in the "key" part requires u to push to the rear then the last part that is pushed in is the front portion of the "key area". 

IMG20221011103006_wMx0f1XV0H.jpeg

IMG20221011102958_es8DqK6N0b.jpeg

IMG20221011100318_10BrQ5aQ0U.jpeg

IMG-20221011-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221011-WA0001.jpg

• Praise 5

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

OK. Door handle arrived Last night. Ordered on shopee on 2/10 night. So 8 days delivery time. Pretty speedy from china. 

Steps

1. Need to remove a plastic stopper on door panel. Loosen the screw.

2. Use a pry tool to pry the rear part of the handle away where the keys usually go (don't pry the rubber). 

3. Removed the rear part can slide the actual handle back then lift out. 

4. Remove the cable connector which was actually the most difficult cos it's bloody tight to remove and replace again later. I had to use pliers to depress the catch in removal and a bit of luck with the slotting in again. 

5. Reverse process. Putting in the "key" part requires u to push to the rear then the last part that is pushed in is the front portion of the "key area". 

IMG20221011103006_wMx0f1XV0H.jpeg

IMG20221011102958_es8DqK6N0b.jpeg

IMG20221011100318_10BrQ5aQ0U.jpeg

IMG-20221011-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221011-WA0001.jpg

Good that you managed to change the door handle yourself. 😂

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Good that you managed to change the door handle yourself. 😂

Save money. 22 dollars. 

Maybe buy one to standby for driver door. In case driver door up lorry. That one can't wait for 1+ week to repair. 

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Save money. 22 dollars. 

Maybe buy one to standby for driver door. In case driver door up lorry. That one can't wait for 1+ week to repair. 

Could you share the shopee link please? Mine is 2018 car but >90,000km so i will hit the 100,000km mileage warranty first.

Edited by Alg

7 minutes ago, Alg said:

Could you share the shopee link please? Mine is 2018 car but >90,000km so i will hit the 100,000km mileage warranty first.

Eh my car is only 2018. Just realized my car also has 5 year warranty. But 22 dollars. OK lah. Rather than drive down and leave the car there. I don't live near leng kee. 

https://shopee.sg/product/60586314/13772123177?smtt=0.60879487-1665480978.9

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Eh my car is only 2018. Just realized my car also has 5 year warranty. But 22 dollars. OK lah. Rather than drive down and leave the car there. I don't live near leng kee. 

Thanks. i'm hoping my cooling coil will kaput before 100,000km under warranty.

Edited by Alg
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Next time when your driver side also up lorry, can go back kmc to claim warranty liao?! Lol. But you go leng kee indeed not very on the way.

↡ Advertisement