Cyclist jailed for knocking pedestrian on pavement!

RadX

@radx, I posted yesterday in Reckless cyclist

Tks bro. This deserves a new category and thread as this benchmark ruling changes everything

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

In my opinion, cyclist that made use of bicycle for transportation purpose (not for leisure, sport) is the worst bully. They can either choose to cycle on pedestrian way or road at their own wish and advantages w/o caring other commuter. just need to ring the bell and pedestrian has to give way while when on the road, they become road hogger

encountered a similar scenario to the pic in OPs post

it was a crowded bus stop, there was barely any room for one to walk through

when this cyclist just came ringadingding his bell and blazed through, didn't even slow down. People must siam him!

cyclists...slow down la.

• Praise 4

Now how I suppose to cycle sia. [:p]

Cycle safely and responsibly. Wear a helmet.

Slow down when you need to, stop and dismount before pushing bike across the road when pedestrian lights are in your favour.

Make sure your bike is well lited correctly at night.

Don't chiong across the zebra crossing at slip roads even when pedestrian lights are in your favour because some car drivers may not be as alert, or even when very alert, got not enough to slam the brakes for e-braking for the car to come to a complete stop.

I hate the above last type of cyclist the most because they are the ones that will cause themselves and others harm and grief....chiong across traffic crossings on the bikes as if it's their grandfather's road. I have had a few close shaves with them...from ah pek to bangla to atb to ah ma...all rushing dunno for what.

• Praise 6

I am the 'ti kee' type...why should I give way? I will continue with my pace and direction. Let them ring lor..now got law on my side liao...yay. Last time can just @*%& them after they pass me.

if i can give way, i will give way. but if footpath is very narrow (happened to me once, the ah pek ring ring ring, i dunno if he was expecting me to step off the footpath and walk on the road into incoming traffic??) or already have two way pedestrian traffic, isit I must 'pull over' and let them pass? next time i shall bring an air horn and HONK it in their faces!

i do think they should teach some basic driving theory at school, for the safety of ALL road users! Some pedestrians also quite goondu one. Yest, I was in a cab, we were on a major road, and this guy INSISTED on jaywalking. kept on walking even though the car was approaching. He took a small step back when he saw the taxi kept going straight...and as we passed, he looked as US as if we were in the wrong!

• Praise 2

In my opinion, cyclist that made use of bicycle for transportation purpose (not for leisure, sport) is the worst bully. They can either choose to cycle on pedestrian way or road at their own wish and advantages w/o caring other commuter. just need to ring the bell and pedestrian has to give way while when on the road, they become road hogger

Actually they can't choose. They have to be on the roads. Unless they are at those places where cycling is allowed on the pedestrian path or got PCN. On the roads if they stick to the left lane then they aren't hogging. Left lane is for slow vehicles.

• Praise 2

District Judge Lee-Khoo Poh Choo disagreed with the recommendation and instead sentenced Lim to eight weeks' jail, highlighting that he had acted cowardly and irresponsibly by escaping from the scene.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/he-was-selfish-cowardly-irresponsible#sthash.hPVJAQwa.dpuf

Justice_Bao_QingTian_BaoZheng.jpg

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 5

District Judge Lee-Khoo Poh Choo disagreed with the recommendation and instead sentenced Lim to eight weeks' jail, highlighting that he had acted cowardly and irresponsibly by escaping from the scene.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/he-was-selfish-cowardly-irresponsible#sthash.hPVJAQwa.dpuf

orbi good

• Praise 1

Last Saturday I encountered one champion who cycled inside the wet market in TPY Lorong 1. Yes, it was early in the morning and not so crowded yet but the guy just cycled through the aisles of the wet market. Almost hit me at the junction of the pathways within the market. I glared at him and he just nonchalantly cycled off.

• Praise 3

Last Saturday I encountered one champion who cycled inside the wet market in TPY Lorong 1. Yes, it was early in the morning and not so crowded yet but the guy just cycled through the aisles of the wet market. Almost hit me at the junction of the pathways within the market. I glared at him and he just nonchalantly cycled off.

that's nothing, was on a run yesterday, and those ahpek with the bicyle hauling cardboard? he was cycling on the pavement, and everyone had to get off the pavement and on to the road to go past him. it was big enough to occupy 90% of the pavement ...

i mean, i feel bad for him, the fella looked to be in his 70s or 80s, still lugging around cardboard, but his bicycle (tricycle?) so big, inconvenience everyone (or maybe too many drivers horn at him till he fed up? he was of course ...moving at a snail's pace)

i didnt bother, but that area (lower delta / alexandra) also got a lot of old people walking around ... so there's a chance they may have to also step on to the road and up again .. which is not easy for old people also ><

• Praise 3

Sadly cyclists belong to the group which is neither here nor there. Ride on the pavement, later knock into pedestrians. Ride on the road, later get knocked by cars. No wonder nobody wants to cycle in Singapore.....

you sure or not?

seems like more and more idiots cyclists on the road

i rather they ride on the road and knocked by lorry than they ride on pavements and knock into old folks and young kids lor

• Praise 4

Cycle safely and responsibly. Wear a helmet.

Slow down when you need to, stop and dismount before pushing bike across the road when pedestrian lights are in your favour.

Make sure your bike is well lited correctly at night.

Don't chiong across the zebra crossing at slip roads even when pedestrian lights are in your favour because some car drivers may not be as alert, or even when very alert, got not enough to slam the brakes for e-braking for the car to come to a complete stop.

I hate the above last type of cyclist the most because they are the ones that will cause themselves and others harm and grief....chiong across traffic crossings on the bikes as if it's their grandfather's road. I have had a few close shaves with them...from ah pek to bangla to atb to ah ma...all rushing dunno for what.

met so many f**k type cyclists that chiong red lights.

that ride against the flow of traffic

that block up entire lanes so that they can chit chat with friend

it's as if the rules of the road doesn't apply to them

call me selfish and i agree.

whenever i stop at the traffic lights, i tend to stop close to the curb on L lane.

why? Cos they wont have a chance to come beside me and hog the lane while moving off. Stay behind me...thank you.

:ignoring:

• Praise 5

This is not the latest on the news. The cyclist got his jail term cut to 3 weeks instead of 8.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700132-cyclist-jailed-for-knocking-pedestrian-on-pavement/?do=findComment&comment=5603403

• Praise 2

call me selfish and i agree.

whenever i stop at the traffic lights, i tend to stop close to the curb on L lane.

why? Cos they wont have a chance to come beside me and hog the lane while moving off. Stay behind me...thank you.

:ignoring:

No use. Cuz You made it easier for them by leaving a big gap on the right by doing that. Most will still go infront of you and even worse cuz now they are directly infront of you. If they squeeze past by the left, at least they are still near the kerb when moving off.

When I cycle, I love those drivers who are considerate and leave alot of space on the right for cyclists to overtake. Makes it easier than squeezing past between the kerb and their car on the left.

if i can give way, i will give way. but if footpath is very narrow (happened to me once, the ah pek ring ring ring, i dunno if he was expecting me to step off the footpath and walk on the road into incoming traffic??) or already have two way pedestrian traffic, isit I must 'pull over' and let them pass? next time i shall bring an air horn and HONK it in their faces!

i do think they should teach some basic driving theory at school, for the safety of ALL road users! Some pedestrians also quite goondu one. Yest, I was in a cab, we were on a major road, and this guy INSISTED on jaywalking. kept on walking even though the car was approaching. He took a small step back when he saw the taxi kept going straight...and as we passed, he looked as US as if we were in the wrong!

Despite being cyclist, i don't give way to cyclist who ask me to siam. Footpath is for pedestrian.

Period.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5