Any water dispenser to recommend?

Heartlander

Since domestic helper went back for home leave for a month, has been thinking of getting a water dispenser to reduce the hassle of boiling hot water and storing cool water and cleaning works. With a big family size, this seems very logical to have.

Chanced upon the Fontan office dispenser awhile ago and was impressed with its look. It connects directly to water pipe and can provide hot and chilled water. But am looking at Fontan Home since I do not need a 6L hot water capacity.

http://blondal.com.sg/products/fontan-home/

Then I came across this Tong Yang water dispenser at a neighborhood shop in Bedok that specializes in water dispensers. The shop stocks nothing but water dispensers. The model featured was touted at $938 with free installation. Set of 3 filters to be replaced annually at $120. The uncle was very confident of the product, throwing Mount-E hospital clinincs as his existing customers. And check online found it  could be had for $688 with installation, so still looking around. Btw, this particular model has been rebranded by several companies, most notably Novita.

http://www.lazada.sg/korea-tong-yang-water-dispenser-hot-and-cold-water-dispenser-with-best-water-purifier-3-magic-korea-water-filters-black-2486152.html

http://www.courts.com.sg/novita-hydroplus-water-dispenserhot-cold-with-installation-np3360-h-with-installation-ip093855-m.html

http://english.magic.co.kr/App/product/proDetail.asp?prdt_no=70&ctgr_no1=3&ctgr_no2=12&page=1&iMNum1=2&iMNum2=1

I would like to seek opinion from fellow forummers if you have any personal experience in using this kind of products. But please do not bring the Alkaline/ distilled/mineral water arguments into this thread. I only want a simple water dispenser with some filtration function that is able to run off a pipe and serves water and chilled water. Many TIA...

Added: seems like the cold water function could be turned off, serving just rom temperature water.

Edited by Heartlander
↡ Advertisement

Water dispenser is either hot and/or cold, table/floor standing, water container or pipe-in.

What is important in pipe-in dispenser is the filtration, but don't get sucked in my "magic" filter.

Filters are standard, sediment, carbon, diff micron filtration and of cuz RO.

I looked around at $500 to over $1k product, and I came across the cheap Takada water dispenser

Something simlar which I bought:

http://mytakada.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=573

Mine is probably about 5 yrs old, still working.

It leaked once.

The nylon pipe was seared by the heat, but I replaced with silicone and now no more leak.

• Praise 1

There are actually too many in the market. The one I got for my office is this one from this supplier, around $900+. Change filter is around $300 annual package, change half-yearly 4 filters, that means twice a year or 8 filters. It's energy consuming becoz energy is wasted to maintain the hot and chilled water.

http://sgsands.com.sg/water-dispenser/ca919-tabletop-countertop-water-dispenser/

For home one I used to use a MLM brand, quite old one, only room temperature but got UV purification to kill bacteria. Now I'm no longer using. I find changing the filters too tedious and expensive. This is near zero ppm or less dan 10ppm. Not bad considering old model.

Now I switch to Zerowater, bought at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/ZeroWater-ZP-010-10-Cup-Pitcher/dp/B0073PZ6O0

I bought the 10-cup pitcher. There's a whole range from water bottle size to 6-cup, 8-cup, 10-cup to 23-cup pitchers.

I bought it before Christmas at around US$35, dan  price drop nearer to X'mas at US$30, now price went up US$45. I also bought a pair of extra filters for $28.99. The filter price is consistent.

The 10-cup pitcher came with a water tester to measure water contaminants and what's not in ppm.

Tap water: 80+ ppm (I have a prefilter for the tap from the previous water dispenser)

Zerowater: Really zero ppm

Boiled water that came from the tap: 90+ ppm (I think iron from the electric kettle contributed to this number)

*But the one thing this zero water dun have is UV purification to kill water borne bacteria.

For hot water I also have this from taobao. 2 second hot water heater. This is good coz the heater is near the tip of the dispenser. You control the amount of water you want to heat up w/o wasting energy. Now I'm going to throw away my electric kettle.

http://sea.taobao.com/item/en/43712226434.htm?spm=a312a.7791898.0.0.ZpGBAH

Got it at a steal for US$40 when my friend jio me to get one. Now it's a lot more pricer.

I just pour the Zerowater into this 2 second heater which can store around 3L of water.

For cold water I store the Zerowater into a separate regular pitcher and put it in the fridge.

Like that I save a lot on electricity bill and water dispenser hardware/maintenance money.

Local hardware store selling other brand called Brit*. $99 for a small pitcher. No water tester to see when to change filter. I think Hyfl*x also selling around $99 for their pitcher. For Zerowater if the water tester measures 006 ppm means time to change filter.

Zerowater claims to remove Aluminum, Chlorine Taste & Odor, Iron, Chromium, Zinc, Hydrogen Sulfate, Lead, Mercury, Chlorine, Fluoride.

But bacteria cannot coz no UV light. Now I use it everywhere, ice cubes, cooking and washing of fruits and vege.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

Water dispenser is either hot and/or cold, table/floor standing, water container or pipe-in.

What is important in pipe-in dispenser is the filtration, but don't get sucked in my "magic" filter.

Filters are standard, sediment, carbon, diff micron filtration and of cuz RO.

I looked around at $500 to over $1k product, and I came across the cheap Takada water dispenser

Something simlar which I bought:

http://mytakada.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93&product_id=573

Mine is probably about 5 yrs old, still working.

It leaked once.

The nylon pipe was seared by the heat, but I replaced with silicone and now no more leak.

Thanks for your inputs.

I am also not into the filtration hype, just for the water disnpensing function to reduce the hassle of cleaning.

There are actually too many in the market. The one I got for my office is this one from this supplier, around $900+. Change filter is around $300 annual package, change half-yearly 4 filters, that means twice a year or 8 filters. It's energy consuming becoz energy is wasted to maintain the hot and chilled water.

http://sgsands.com.sg/water-dispenser/ca919-tabletop-countertop-water-dispenser/

For home one I used to use a MLM brand, quite old one, only room temperature but got UV purification to kill bacteria. Now I'm no longer using. I find changing the filters too tedious and expensive. This is near zero ppm or less dan 10ppm. Not bad considering old model.

Now I switch to Zerowater, bought at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/ZeroWater-ZP-010-10-Cup-Pitcher/dp/B0073PZ6O0

I bought the 10-cup pitcher. There's a whole range from water bottle size to 6-cup, 8-cup, 10-cup to 23-cup pitchers.

I bought it before Christmas at around US$35, dan price drop nearer to X'mas at US$30, now price went up US$45. I also bought a pair of extra filters for $28.99. The filter price is consistent.

The 10-cup pitcher came with a water tester to measure water contaminants and what's not in ppm.

Tap water: 80+ ppm (I have a prefilter for the tap from the previous water dispenser)

Zerowater: Really zero ppm

Boiled water that came from the tap: 90+ ppm (I think iron from the electric kettle contributed to this number)

*But the one thing this zero water dun have is UV purification to kill water borne bacteria.

For hot water I also have this from taobao. 2 second hot water heater. This is good coz the heater is near the tip of the dispenser. You control the amount of water you want to heat up w/o wasting energy. Now I'm going to throw away my electric kettle.

Got it at a steal for US$40 when my friend jio me to get one. Now it's a lot more pricer.

I just pour the Zerowater into this 2 second heater which can store around 3L of water.

For cold water I store the Zerowater into a separate regular pitcher and put it in the fridge.

Like that I save a lot on electricity bill and water dispenser hardware/maintenance money.

Local hardware store selling other brand called Brit*. $99 for a small pitcher. No water tester to see when to change filter. I think Hyfl*x also selling around $99 for their pitcher. For Zerowater if the water tester measures 006 ppm means time to change filter.

Zerowater claims to remove Aluminum, Chlorine Taste & Odor, Iron, Chromium, Zinc, Hydrogen Sulfate, Lead, Mercury, Chlorine, Fluoride.

But bacteria cannot coz no UV light. Now I use it everywhere, ice cubes, cooking and washing of fruits and vege.

Thanks for sharing the lobang. Learnt alot from you. But my purpose has been to reduce hassle, I find that it is more troublesome to do the works for hot water compare to changing filter annually, somemore is done by vendor. Just pay $120.

My mind is more or less set on the Tong Yang product, unless some bro/sis recommend something better. Please keep posting your suggestions for the benefits of fellow forummers. Thanks in advance.

For cold water​

:D

HYFLUX DEW WATER CONDITIONING PITCHER D28 (NAVY BLUE)
  • Reduces Chlorine, improves taste and removes bad odour
  • Antioxidant Alkaline water neutralizes harmful acidic toxins, reduces free radicals which cause cell damage and aging, and restores body's pH levels
  • No battery required for cartridge replacement reminder, reducing the risk of heavy metal leakage
  • Ergonomic design that fits most refrigerator doors
  • Portable, convenient for home, office and even travel

post-23002-0-31016000-1451194590.jpg

• Praise 1

For cold waterâ

:D

HYFLUX DEW WATER CONDITIONING PITCHER D28 (NAVY BLUE)
  • Reduces Chlorine, improves taste and removes bad odour
  • Antioxidant Alkaline water neutralizes harmful acidic toxins, reduces free radicals which cause cell damage and aging, and restores body's pH levels
  • No battery required for cartridge replacement reminder, reducing the risk of heavy metal leakage
  • Ergonomic design that fits most refrigerator doors
  • Portable, convenient for home, office and even travel
Drink every day and prolong lifespan some more.
  • Praise 1

I always drink water straight from the tap.  Can't stand boiled water unless tea, or coffee.

My missus and rest of family always boil water before drinking.

In UK I always drink water from tap.

But in France, Spain, Malaysia, Australia etc etc I always drink bottled water from shops.

Get 3M water dispenser from Qoo10.

Hot, room & cold water.

Free installations.

Around $1.2k

Can't find the 3M water dispenser in Qoo10 but saw the unit in local 3M online site and several blogs carried review of the unit, paid review though. Cheapest is now $1488 with a free filter cartridge.

I do not quite like the 0.6L hot water capacity but would be willing to give it a try as it has a 4.6L normal temperature capacity and 3L cold water capacity. Looks very versatile and well-though out product. Don't think any other brand could give more confidence than 3M.

Thanks. :a-m1212:Would be heading down Best Denki or Selfix to have a look.

Edit: sorry the product is available in Qoo10 after all. Cannot search in 3M store within Qoo10, but from yahoo.

Edited by Heartlander

I

based on the link is rmb 159..... much cheaper leh.... compared to US$40

am looking for water dispenser with additional functions like purifying/ ionising etc and came upon this:

http://aoxpteltd-px.rtrk.sg/aox-3800/

its a tagged at $2799 :sick:  (with installation and misc gifts) no extra filters given. per filter change is 265 (excl gst)..

so far i see this is the lowest power consumption (compressor 80W, heater 350W with capacity 1lit hot water 2lit cold water)

must really think think and compare more before buying..

anybody has got any recommendations for tabletop water purifying dispenser?

am looking for water dispenser with additional functions like purifying/ ionising etc and came upon this:

http://aoxpteltd-px.rtrk.sg/aox-3800/

its a tagged at $2799 :sick:  (with installation and misc gifts) no extra filters given. per filter change is 265 (excl gst)..

so far i see this is the lowest power consumption (compressor 80W, heater 350W with capacity 1lit hot water 2lit cold water)

must really think think and compare more before buying..

anybody has got any recommendations for tabletop water purifying dispenser?

To close the chapter, I finally took the plunge with the Tong Yang water dispenser at $688 inclusive of first set of filters, installed before CNY.

If you order through lelong.sg, you can specify what set of filters you want, including standard, Ultra Fine, ORP, Alkaline. The cost has gone up from $688 with basic filters to $778, installation inclusive. If make order on Monday, can have it installed by Thursday or Friday.

http://www.lelong.sg/Korea-Tong-Yang-8900c-Hot-Cold-Water-Dispenser-with-built-in-Purifier-Sediment-Pre-Carbon-Post-Carbon-BLACK_p_13.html

Think this is the cheapest already. The hot water is really hot, cold water really cold, excellent for making ribena on hot days. Best way to encourage your kids to drink more water. Really good for  big family and family with lazy people, haha no insult intended. T

To be upfront, I am not gaining anything from any of you ordering the product. In fact there were certain very minor issue that marred the experience. But do not worry, it is not about functionality or product itself. The overall experience has been good.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I had been using Water Dispenser via pipe-in and distilled or filtered Drinking Water for over 20 years.

My lastest found is GOD sent: Dasarni Drinking Water by Coca Cola Singapore Beverages.

Presentable hi-tech dispenser with affordable flexible plan, contracted galon of water comes in difference sizes with visible cost saving base on customers' needs. Drums of Water is exchangeable for 12 different kind of soft-drinks and mini-pack drinking water for our events. And out of good will, they sponsor 100pcs of mini-pack for fun-fare in Children's Home even though we are new to them. THUMBS UP!

Good customer service:

- Contacted us for weekly order

- Proper invoices at end of the month and Statement of Account every quarterly

- Return envelope

- Call us for satisfactory survey in PERSON every quarterly

They are so professional and sincerely yet very affordable!

The WORST supplier is Polar Water Distributors - alot of JB staff.

DO NO support these lowly ah-Beng with barbaric gangster handling who demanded outstanding payment when NO INVOICE given, the so-call flexi plan is NOT flexible but threaten to sue if no order comes in, .....no one bother to call us, not even once after signing of agreement. 

I have to be bias, Support Local Sales person, really Coca Cola is heaven sent. 

post-177979-0-12964000-1471399362_thumb.jpg

I had been using Water Dispenser via pipe-in and distilled or filtered Drinking Water for over 20 years.

My lastest found is GOD sent: Dasarni Drinking Water by Coca Cola Singapore Beverages.

Presentable hi-tech dispenser with affordable flexible plan, contracted galon of water comes in difference sizes with visible cost saving base on customers' needs. Drums of Water is exchangeable for 12 different kind of soft-drinks and mini-pack drinking water for our events. And out of good will, they sponsor 100pcs of mini-pack for fun-fare in Children's Home even though we are new to them. THUMBS UP!

Good customer service:

- Contacted us for weekly order

- Proper invoices at end of the month and Statement of Account every quarterly

- Return envelope

- Call us for satisfactory survey in PERSON every quarterly

They are so professional and sincerely yet very affordable!

The WORST supplier is Polar Water Distributors - alot of JB staff.

DO NO support these lowly ah-Beng with barbaric gangster handling who demanded outstanding payment when NO INVOICE given, the so-call flexi plan is NOT flexible but threaten to sue if no order comes in, .....no one bother to call us, not even once after signing of agreement. 

I have to be bias, Support Local Sales person, really Coca Cola is heaven sent. 

What is the source of water from ?

I prefer to get those water dispenser where you have to replace the water storage tank to a newer tank full of water once the current tank is depleted. I personally use Ocean. http://www.pereocean.com/

Here are my reasons for not using those types direct from our tap - 

Servicing - Both integrated tap water dispenser at my work place and at an aunt's place require regular servicing. A couple of times, the tap dispenser will malfunction and just dispense unfiltered tap water. Servicing means more expenses which includes arranging time for the serviceman to come to your place and also our own time to come back home just to be there away from work to oversee the servicing get done. 

I personally dont mind sacrificing my bombshelter space for 5-6 round tanks of water. Anyways i sort them out neatly at my storeroom rack.You can get yours here from the same place i got them, so far from my research, the cheapest and standard good quality.. L shape rack for only $170 .. www.boltlessracksg.com

Unfiltered Cold / Hot Tap Water - The integrated water dispenser solely provides cooling and heating of tap water. They usually come with packages of those 6-7 layer water filter technology. Heard of their post sales prices for regular maintenance? Check em out and it'll make you think twice. We are talking about post-sales not sales point at the juncture they are selling us. Do make a point to ask.

To each his own!  :a-fun:

(I just prefer cheapest and least hassles!)  [wave]

To close the chapter, I finally took the plunge with the Tong Yang water dispenser at $688 inclusive of first set of filters, installed before CNY.

If you order through lelong.sg, you can specify what set of filters you want, including standard, Ultra Fine, ORP, Alkaline. The cost has gone up from $688 with basic filters to $778, installation inclusive. If make order on Monday, can have it installed by Thursday or Friday.

http://www.lelong.sg/Korea-Tong-Yang-8900c-Hot-Cold-Water-Dispenser-with-built-in-Purifier-Sediment-Pre-Carbon-Post-Carbon-BLACK_p_13.html

Think this is the cheapest already. The hot water is really hot, cold water really cold, excellent for making ribena on hot days. Best way to encourage your kids to drink more water. Really good for big family and family with lazy people, haha no insult intended. T

To be upfront, I am not gaining anything from any of you ordering the product. In fact there were certain very minor issue that marred the experience. But do not worry, it is not about functionality or product itself. The overall experience has been good.

Procrastinating if I should add this Tong Yang water dispenser to my kitchen top. Can share the below:

a. Does it dispense room temperature water?

b. How much does the filter cost and how often do you need to replace them?

c. Did you consider the 3M water dispenser? Almost double the price but it looks like it has more features.

TIA.

↡ Advertisement