Harrier 2017

SKX

Supersonic

No car models nothing much to see, the photos sibei boring sia....haha.

Told u it's a happening unker auntie partehh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have not seen a speedometer under 200kph for as long as I could remember. I have been driving NA engine for years .. don't know need to re-adapt my driving habits for this engine especially continuous drive (higher speed) on NS highway. Any bro Turbo expert to share experience ?

Turbocharged
(edited)

the all important badge...... :D

attachicon.gif17309_8_l.jpg

I see the tail light design ... reminded of the facelifted Estima...

... and my own car...  [sweatdrop]

I have not seen a speedometer under 200kph for as long as I could remember. I have been driving NA engine for years .. don't know need to re-adapt my driving habits for this engine especially continuous drive (higher speed) on NS highway. Any bro Turbo expert to share experience ?

I think the Harrier probably has some headroom to go over 200km/h, though the NX200t's official top speed is also 200km/h. It may be an electronic speed limiter, but then again if the Harrier is using the same instrument cluster as the JDM cars, that could be the sole reason it is marked no higher than 180km/h (gentleman agreement of JDM)

I don't know what the BM Harrier turbo speedo looks like so if it goes higher than 180 then pardon if I seem misleading.

As for long distance high speed driving, it is not any much different. A turbo car will cruise comfortably at high speed just the same. Just treat it the same way, the only significant difference you should feel is the bigger initial torque that is typical of forced induction.

Edited by 7hm

Turbocharged

This link shared by bro has the photo of the speedometer... :-)

It looks like it is probably similar to the JDM spec speedometer, albeit with localization programmed into the LCD. I would expect that is the main reason its highest mark is 180km/h. Given that the NX200t is very similar under the skin with a 200km/h official top speed, I would expect the same out of the Harrier.

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Elegance (A) - $146,988

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Premium (A) - $152,988

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Luxury (A) - $159,988

Elegance is 6k below premium

Ask something about COE... is the reserve bid price the final COE price for your car registration?

No, you pay the lowest accepted bid price

No, you pay the lowest accepted bid price

that means for example this round those who got their COE will have 50001 registered as their car COE? regardless of their reserve bid price... is this correct  [hur]

that means for example this round those who got their COE will have 50001 registered as their car COE? regardless of their reserve bid price... is this correct [hur]

Yes that's right. That has been the coe policy for the longest time

Anyone knows how to disable the auto door locking feature in the harrier? Not used to doors locking when driving off.

So how's your new car?

Nice ride - smooth and powerful. Understand from SE today is first day of collection as official launch only yesterday.

I am sure the settings can do it. Try it.

Even Kia K3 can so this car sure can la.

Tried settings and could not find options. Checked user manual and looks like need to get dealer to disable. Will check during 1K servicing

• Praise 1

Anyone knows how to disable the auto door locking feature in the harrier? Not used to doors locking when driving off.

Wah, do you know people from lesser cars are asking around for how to enable this feature and here you want it to go away.. :)

• Praise 1

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Elegance (A) - $146,988

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Premium (A) - $152,988

Toyota Harrier 2.0 Luxury (A) - $159,988

Elegance is 6k below premium

This is from BM?

Hi,

A newbie question. Is paint protection recommended for the Harrier? Am doing some research before taking delivery in Oct/Nov.

For my old car, I did a 9H ceramic but the workmanship is rather poor and the car lost it's shine within a month or so.

Which is recommended ? I see New Age Polish and Ceramic Pro at the top of the detailing page.

What is recommended. Any views appreciated.

I would rather have the door automatically locked when driving off. My old sedan I deliberately asked someone to get it installed.

It's for the safety, especially when you stopped at a traffic light. You won't know when someone in a motorcycle can drive up next to you, open your door, snatch away your valuables (eg wife's handbag, laptop, etc) and drives off. You have no way to chase (though your car is Turbo) but to LL suck thumb.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3