Harsher punishment for security officers who sleep on the jo

Sdf4786k

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/harsher-punishment-for-security-officers-who-sleep-on-the-job-or-act-unprofessionally-from

SINGAPORE - Private security officers who slack off, sleep on the job or come to work drunk can face tougher punishment from next year, as the police strengthen penalties for errant behaviour to boost the industry's professionalism and bolster Singapore's defences.

From Jan 1, officers who display errant behaviour can be punished by a fine not exceeding $2,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months, or both, The Straits Times has learnt.

Would it not applied to the SMRT to "cure" the deep-seated cultural extraction?

Have become so intolerant of the security or has the security becoming so blatant that this has become law?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/harsher-punishment-for-security-officers-who-sleep-on-the-job-or-act-unprofessionally-from

SINGAPORE - Private security officers who slack off, sleep on the job or come to work drunk can face tougher punishment from next year, as the police strengthen penalties for errant behaviour to boost the industry's professionalism and bolster Singapore's defences.

From Jan 1, officers who display errant behaviour can be punished by a fine not exceeding $2,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months, or both, The Straits Times has learnt.

Would it not applied to the SMRT to "cure" the deep-seated cultural extraction?

Have become so intolerant of the security or has the security becoming so blatant that this has become law?

Most security officers are just old folks there for show only. Esp those at some condos. 

For that amount of money paid, can't hire better.

• Praise 3

It’s abt time

With sgsecure being enforced this is the very least

In my devt, we LD them

Regularly and these are A grade hor

Gd that now we can LD more

• Praise 1

By right you cannot sleep on the job, whether you are old folks or not. But by left seems like it is a norm to sleep on job, so i guess now they are enforcing strict rule in case wait something happen when they are sleeping on job?!  [rolleyes]  

It is always the people implementing things without truely understanding what is happening on the ground.

The security is a totally mismatched environment. You will be lucky to get decent officers working more than 12 hours a day, not to mention 24 hours duty over many sites.

Talk is free.

• Praise 2

It is always the people implementing things without truely understanding what is happening on the ground.

The security is a totally mismatched environment. You will be lucky to get decent officers working more than 12 hours a day, not to mention 24 hours duty over many sites.

Talk is free.

Ya lor. Sometimes, I got to cover two sites. After my 7pm to 7am site, go to another site and cover another colleague from 8am to 8pm. Few times, need to go back to my 7 to 7 site again. But mostly is following day off. Lack of manpower.

Frankly, what do we expect the security officer at the main entrance do?

When you drive in and tell him you are visiting Mr Tan and block 2 unit #04-04, what do you expect this officer to do? There are probably 600 households with 1,500 occupants living in the estate. He either write it down or simple wave you through lor.

Maybe hire retired Gurkha.

More pro

Was in malaysia recently and noticed that some of the condo security guards are nepalese. Appeared professional. Maybe this can be considered. But perhaps SG policy has some restrictions over employing nepalese or gurkha? Due to their strictly regulated employment only in the police force.

Frankly, what do we expect the security officer at the main entrance do?

When you drive in and tell him you are visiting Mr Tan and block 2 unit #04-04, what do you expect this officer to do? There are probably 600 households with 1,500 occupants living in the estate. He either write it down or simple wave you through lor.

Some condo don't allow you to enter without verification from occupant. Some of the older condos are the drive thru type.

Best is those freehold single block condo, ownself regulate (occupants unlock the gate remotely or use PIN unlock).

Edited by Sosaria

By right you cannot sleep on the job, whether you are old folks or not. But by left seems like it is a norm to sleep on job, so i guess now they are enforcing strict rule in case wait something happen when they are sleeping on job?! [rolleyes]

But then I feel government should not enforce law on this. It should be up to individual private secutiry company to decide on the next course of action if their security guard caught sleeping. Be it no bonus, sack him and etc.

This security did no crime, he is only lazy, so he should not be case like it's a criminal offence type till jail terms.

Edited by Yewheng

sigh.. pick on small fry to enforce. yet senior management gets off scott free.

Precisely. This is ridiculous. Of course if you are busy with duties, u will have to stay awake but catching some cat naps sleeping in their chair while at shift at 4am in the morning...
  • Praise 1

I too dont mind my condo security guard catching a nap at wee hours of the morning. For a few dollars per month, what the regulator want? Gurkhas standard ah? It’s not like we are at war and need to stand guard to prevent invasion from attackers. As long as they can respond to calls when help needed it’s good enough for me. Many times I drove back at those hours I made sure I past the guardroom slowly and quietly in order not to disturb their sleep.

If want to catch, catch those sleeping in parliament. Earning millions and still dare to close their eyes.

Edited by Beethong
  • Praise 14

big fat joke. MP sleeping in parly is okay but guard cannot sleep at work.

Considering most are just guarding some useless condos (really any diff from HDB?), what's the big deal?

I bet 80% of people on guard duty in an army camp have slept on duty also but that's also no big deal to me cuz that's wayang only.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4