How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?

RickyWee

How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?

• 5 and above

3 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

The cars you owned are all top specs should have these features right? or you turn it off?

AMG GT no blind spot detection. 

And true exotics like Ferrari and McLaren have never bothered with all these aids.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

I remember a joker friend taking his driving test. On a straight road, the tester tap the dashboard hard. My friend gave the tester a glance and drove on. The tester ask him to drive back to the center straightaway and gave him an immediate failure as that was the signal to e-brake. Obviously the tester told him before the test but he totally forgotten about it.

Hahah, i slammed the brakes with all my might until car screeched, tester raise his eyebrow, but he said “good” 

pass first time. Basic theory took 15minutes pass first time, advance theory took 20mins pass first time.

100% clean record for riding and driving over almost 30yrs.

then last christmas period, took my bike out for a warm up and just ride according to the open flyover condition and kena speeding for 20kmhr over limit from a stealth TP in all black.

WTF man?!?!?,!

real speedsters they dont catch. KNS

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Hahah, i slammed the brakes with all my might until car screeched, tester raise his eyebrow, but he said “good” 

pass first time. Basic theory took 15minutes pass first time, advance theory took 20mins pass first time.

100% clean record for riding and driving over almost 30yrs.

then last christmas period, took my bike out for a warm up and just ride according to the open flyover condition and kena speeding for 20kmhr over limit from a stealth TP in all black.

WTF man?!?!?,!

that should be the way to e-brake even you kill the engine also ok. The 1st time i e-brake i clutch in and the instructor scolded me "wah emergency you still have time to clutch in ah" heh heh..

The first time my instructor tried to instigate the e-brake procedure he smacked the dashboard, I was in the BBDC circuit, I continued driving and looked at him and asked " wa cockroach ah! where ah?" 

The look on his face OMG

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Haha! 9

9 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Then last christmas period, took my bike out for a warm up and just ride according to the open flyover condition and kena speeding for 20kmhr over limit from a stealth TP in all black.

WTF man?!?!?,!

I got a speeding ticket for doing 80+kph on a 3 lane major arterial road at 5am on sunday  morning. New fixed camera i didn't see it.
2 months later i forgot about it, and kana it again while rushing home at 10+pm. 

I kana a mobile speed cam recently. Also doing >20kph for another major arterial road which is an expressway exit road. 

Haha too expensive liao. Now trying to learn to be like an ah pek road hogger.

Before the lockdown, i took a taxi. And the taxi driver was saying that TP is out to enforce at unprecedented levels since the start of the year. He said many of his colleagues got speeding offence even though they know most of the TP mobile cam spots.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 5

Just now, Lala81 said:

I got a speeding ticket for doing 80+kph on a 3 lane major arterial road at 5am on sunday  morning. New fixed camera i didn't see it.
2 months later i forgot about it, and kana it again while rushing home at 10+pm. 

I kana a mobile speed cam recently. Also doing >20kph for another major arterial road which is an expressway exit road. 

Haha too expensive liao. Now trying to learn to be like an ah pek road hogger.

Wah you serial speedster....😅

i very law abiding one leh.....🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah you serial speedster....😅

i very law abiding one leh.....🤣

I'm now 2 weeks into my rehab... -_-

The lack of cars on the road does help ironically. Also no need to rush to bring kids for swimming etc etc or go over to my parents. 

Very soon, drive 1.0L car also ok liao. Zen..........

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

One time. 6 points.

Place: Ubi test center. Manual gear.

I only been in the circuit 2 times and that includes the actual test. LoL...

Dunno why my teacher said no need so many practice inside the circuit.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I passed on the 3rd attempt. But I already got class 2B license before that.

But I'm lucky that I was paid by govt to take and pass the test 😊

• Haha! 1

I remember i got a quite easy test route on my first attempt and yet immediate failure inside circuit. <_< Then 2nd time got the most difficult test route and i say siao liao, lucky i passed. Lol.

• Haha! 2

First 2 times failed for the same reason - back wheel mount kerb when exiting the parallel parking lot. Damn heart pain cos parallel parking was somewhere at the beginning, after that still go outside circuit even though failed already.

Finally passed on 3rd attempt with 18 points.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Xers007 said:

I remember a joker friend taking his driving test. On a straight road, the tester tap the dashboard hard. My friend gave the tester a glance and drove on. The tester ask him to drive back to the center straightaway and gave him an immediate failure as that was the signal to e-brake. Obviously the tester told him before the test but he totally forgotten about it.

Sounds like strawberry generation = attention deficit syndrome.

13 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Question is, how many of you still drive like how you drove during your driving test. 😆😁

Most won't. Most will drive with greater confidence and less pressures. Most balls grow bigger until near encounters with RadiatorX, then shrink back.

Edited by Kangadrool

Wah... my experience:

first try, with 8 points, i kinda remember, and if not wrong, they were:
- 4 pts: filter out too fast when got bus stopped in front - 'abrupt overtaking'
- 2 pts: stopped at traffic light as first car, going to turn left, but vehicle was straight, didn't tilt left when stopped!! 
- 2 pts: said my gear change not smooth when moving off, got jerk...

Like few here, it was a Datsun 120Y manual, whose gear was so loose i always suspected can change gear without clutch one 😂

Passed basic theory, advanced theory at first try too, after A lvl. and i think just before enlistment. Secured test date after passing Adv theory, and just nice was during BMT bloc leave... most impt'ly, was few days before the PDL was going to expire. All in, i remembered i spent a few dollars short of $400 from registering for basic theory, till paying for the $20 probational driving license after passing.

lessons were $11/hr, and in blocs of 1.5 hr, which my hokkien-peng instructor will give discount of $0.50, and charge $16 😁

The biggest story for my case, was that inside the Ubi circuit, the tester at one point said turn at <a certain number>, after a right turn at traffic light. Forgot actual no., but let's say it was #15, and is a left turn on the 2-lane road. There is also another right turn, just maybe 10 m further in front, let's call it #16.

By right I should have kept left after turning right at the traffic, to prepare to turn into #15. But I heard wrongly, and thought it was #16, the right turn further in front, and so was on the right lane then...

But i was lucky, cos just as i was nearing/passing #15, i somehow checked with the tester, to confirm he said #16 - to which he said no, he meant #15!!!

At that point, I apologised that I heard wrongly, stopped the car, then gos-tan'ed to the left lane, before #15, then turned left, and continued.

After the test, my instructor first question asked, why i stopped in circuit to reverse 😅

Lucky the tester bo-chup, never penalised me for it...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Got my license during poly @ 18 years old

Passed at first attempt haha because I was super kiasu, I even sounded off when I was checking blind spot

Till date I still check blind spot everytime. It's a good habit

Edited by Aventa
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

1 time passed...on manual car...with hand signal. Clean record till now and...until today i still use hand signal occasionally but diff set of hand signal:XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2