business closures due to slowdown during covid

Ysc3

Twincharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Then it is not big govt and regulations you have an issue with. 

In recent years, govt spending on public housing, education, social and healthcare (due to aging population) have increased? Which one do you think should be cut?

All of it.. Really.. No joke man.. Really need to think of ways to streamline everything. Can reduce, go and reduce.. Even the PA association, if can reduce spending, just reduce.. 

I am sure there will have things that can be reduced in government spending.. Every small little thing count.. 

Maybe the focus from the top should be.. If there is ways or people think of ways that could reduce government spending.. Sound it out. Like what defence minister ng eng hen recently said this is the period that we will reduce spending in saf.. This is a very sound move.. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

All of it.. Really.. No joke man.. Really need to think of ways to streamline everything. Can reduce, go and reduce.. Even the PA association, if can reduce spending, just reduce.. 

I am sure there will have things that can be reduced in government spending.. Every small little thing count.. 

Should they cut defence spending too? It is the biggest item?

Education too? That is an investment, right?  Not all expenditure are bad. 

Or you are just saying be more efficient?  

I am confused.

Rolls-Royce to cut 240 roles in Singapore due to Covid-19 impact

THU, JUL 09, 2020 - 7:07 PM

NISHA RAMCHANDANI

UK-based jet engine-maker Rolls-Royce will cut 24 per cent of its workforce in Singapore as the commercial aerospace market reels from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Twincharged
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am confused.

Yes be more efficient does help in reduce in expenditure, but say for example. But should be more then that, to look way beyond on if there is anything that could reduce in government expenditure. 

Say This school is say 15 years old.. Then perhaps it's time to upgrade it. But then when look at that school, although it is 15 years old.. Aircon work very well, school facilities also not bad, toilet also quite good condition and etc.. Then will want to spend money to upgrade it when everything is quite good condition? So this kind of money can be saved. I am giving an example only. 

Another example.. Say this role have 1 director, 2 officer, 4 man.. Then look at that role actually can be done by 1 director, 1 officer and 2 man. Then of coz go and reduce the manpower over that to save on cost. Another example.. 

Oh ya.. Maybe the reduce in spending could be also from.. Say there are a lot of chairs in this office building are already here for 10 years.. Then someone bring this up and say hey its time to buy new chairs.. Before approve it, go take a look at these chair conditions, if all of these are working fine and nothing is spoiled. Then sorry reject the proposal. Money is saved due to no need to spend money buy so many chairs for replacement unnecessary.. Another example. 

Edited by Yewheng

Twincharged
34 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am confused.

Just as I was talking about reduce in government spending.. 

Someone post this on Facebook.. 

Screenshot_20200709_235712_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.88ec8dd063b99eadeddbba1162f18915.jpg

Surely if authorities go take a deep look on this subsidies, maybe they could undercover more things that expenditure could be further reduced.. Look at the subsidy amount for consultation vs Shenton medical consultation fees.. 

6 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Just as I was talking about reduce in government spending.. 

Someone post this on Facebook.. 

Screenshot_20200709_235712_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.88ec8dd063b99eadeddbba1162f18915.jpg

Surely if authorities go take a deep look on this subsidies, maybe they could undercover more things that expenditure could be further reduced.. Look at the subsidy amount for consultation vs Shenton medical consultation fees.. 

maybe you should study and uncover how the bill amount derived from before believing the comparison. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

maybe you should study and uncover how the bill amount derived from before believing the comparison. 

But then think about it.. How can private medical centre able to charge lower consultation fee as compared to polyclinic just the subcidy alone? Surely if government take a deep look on that, a lot of unnecessary expenditure could be cut off.

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Brudder...don’t anyhow recommend impeachment against domestic fin min hor...that one can exercise executive veto power or go on hunger strike - she goes on strike while you go hungry...then the house cannot function properly leaving it in disarray state. 

best option is to ask nicely if she can release a plan (named after East coast, West coast, Gold Coast whatever coast also can) with some nicely packaged packages to fund the stimulation to economic boost 

hahha. Currently I don't have a finance minister mah. So I can go rouge. hahhahaha.

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Maybe the focus from the top should be.. If there is ways or people think of ways that could reduce government spending.. Sound it out. Like what defence minister ng eng hen recently said this is the period that we will reduce spending in saf.. This is a very sound move.. 

I am no economist but I know there is a thing called multiplier effect. 

If govt spending is no good, why do you think many countries actually rely on huge infrastructure projects to spur gdp growth? 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

I am no economist but I know there is a thing called multiplier effect. 

If govt spending is no good, why do you think many countries actually rely on huge infrastructure projects to spur gdp growth? 

Basically there is 2 type of economy ntheory keynesian vs austrian economics. Government mostly tend to go towards keynesian economy theory as spend money is easy solution.. But it has draw back.. 

I remember sports interlink at queensway since early 90s. I still clearly remember in 1990 a 12 year old boy took bus 198 from jurong to queensway shopping centre and it was wow! Same shop same place till recently. I was active in sports as a sch boy and in those days queensway was the place to go for huge variety and bargainable prices. Anyone remember sports station chain shops at shopping centres in those days? I think it was the predecessor of world of sports or royal sporting house?

Hmm, talking about famous chain shops fr the 90s. Pertama, supreme records, costplus, man master...

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:50 PM, Ct3833 said:

I went to Decathlon once, they have wide a ranging of products,  though their price is cheap , very few are of good quality by my expectation,  I am not sure if it is just me or others have similar feeling ? I dont know if they could survive in the long run. 

Yes agree Decathlon has a wide range of product but my sport is Tennis, I find that their tennis racquet CMI and their tennis balls also CMI hard like stone my friend complain will suffer tennis elbow after playing.

That just my view or maybe their tennis product are on the general side but their other product range is good.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Acewin said:

Yes agree Decathlon has a wide range of product but my sport is Tennis, I find that their tennis racquet CMI and their tennis balls also CMI hard like stone my friend complain will suffer tennis elbow after playing.

That just my view or maybe their tennis product are on the general side but their other product range is good.

Same here, my sport is  badminton and their badminton gears CMI too. Maybe that is why some bros feel that their products are value for money but I dont. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Acewin said:

Maybe its tennis racket or ball suit beginner more.

2 hours ago, Acewin said:

The Decathlon tennis shorts are the best value out there now. For $15 or so, can get a pair that matches Adidas and Nike costing 2X-3X more. I am speaking from a performance and comfort perspective while playing tennis under the hot sun. Decathlon shorts are now my default choice. 

• Praise 4

47 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe its tennis racket or ball suit beginner more.

Quite true on one hand, not so true on the other. Their racket range covers the 2 ends of the spectrum well, but not the middle. The Decathlon TR990 racket is very good racket, meant for advanced players of NTRP 4.0 and above. This racket is used by a few sponsored pro players on the ATP Tour. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, serenade said:

Quite true on one hand, not so true on the other. Their racket range covers the 2 ends of the spectrum well, but not the middle. The Decathlon TR990 racket is very good racket, meant for advanced players of NTRP 4.0 and above. This racket is used by a few sponsored pro players on the ATP Tour. 

Okay I will go check it out soon.

↡ Advertisement