Insurance companies should payout if their insured driver is above the legal alcohol limit and involved in any accident

Fxfx

7 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

In Singapore if the victim kpkb there is an insurance body that will pay .. but that’s from hearsay.. so victim still have Avenue to cliam ... when I say victim is those maimed in the process of the accident..

if kanna fender bender 2 -3k type then Boh kangtao 

The law already guarantees that, no need KPKB or beg the insurance company. 

It's property damage that's the issue. 

↡ Advertisement

Personally if I encounter such a situation I’d do my OD, pay the excess and move on. If the next year insurance wants to load me, I would ask why - I was not at fault. If things don’t work out the way I expect it, I might change my mind.

Until then, I view that insurance is there to be used, where I am at fault or otherwise.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Personally if I encounter such a situation I’d do my OD, pay the excess and move on. If the next year insurance wants to load me, I would ask why - I was not at fault. If things don’t work out the way I expect it, I might change my mind.

Until then, I view that insurance is there to be used, where I am at fault or otherwise.

Won't affect NCD and no additional loading for such claims? Then ok lah.  

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It can. No guarantees.

This discussion is badly missing @Sp4wn

• Praise 2

Kena before, insurance will discharge so you have to send your own lawyer to claim from driver.

You can engage your own lawyer or a lawyer from your own insurance if you have no contact.

My advice is not to let these scumbags off so that they can harm another person.

It's actually quite satisfying getting these idiots to pay up like in my case.

2 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Kena before, insurance will discharge so you have to send your own lawyer to claim from driver.

You can engage your own lawyer or a lawyer from your own insurance if you have no contact.

My advice is not to let these scumbags off so that they can harm another person.

It's actually quite satisfying getting these idiots to pay up like in my case.

Provided the person can afford to you

21 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

if u kanna one that kanna driving suspension type lagi worst.. 

and is reticent and kanna sentences n go back to squats u in a whole world of pain 

u just have to own self cliam own self n go one corner n suck thumb 

That, exactly, was what happened to a friend. An ah pek whose license was suspended (purportedly due to speeding), slammed into his 1yr+ old car at traffic light... total loss...

he had to claim his own plan and suffer higher premium subsequently.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

my fren got NCD protector, but his insure company of course buay tahan payout almost new car... after that the new car premium upped more than double...

he went to find another company, and without NCD (due to his own-damage claim), still cheaper than my original insure company...

• Praise 2

Policy condition in all motor policies, drink driving is an exclusion, regardless of level. 

Property claims - will be declined for breach of policy conditions. 

Injuries claims - will still be entertained, insurance have to respond, if not can complain. 

As we becoming more educated, we all also become more dumb.

Got money to open bottle and tower and for flower, no money for Taxi.  

23 hours ago, Rickster said:

but that is possible only because the drunk driver is a rich guy. 

Next time those roadblock also need to check wallet, rich man then good to go sir

27 minutes ago, Totak said:

Got money to open bottle and tower and for flower, no money for Taxi.  

I can afford a car in $$$ingapore, how dare you suggest I take taxi

😂

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

That, exactly, was what happened to a friend. An ah pek whose license was suspended (purportedly due to speeding), slammed into his 1yr+ old car at traffic light... total loss...

he had to claim his own plan and suffer higher premium subsequently.

sounds like your friend and me share similar destiny ... 😩

I still wondering why I should be affected as its really not me .. but as .."I dont make the rules.." type of conversation from the insurance company is really very frustrating...  

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

sounds like your friend and me share similar destiny ... 😩

I still wondering why I should be affected as its really not me .. but as .."I dont make the rules.." type of conversation from the insurance company is really very frustrating...  

sigh... hard luck lot this type...

the ah pek is gonna get into trouble for sure... but my fren was made to suffer too... 😓

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

sigh... hard luck lot this type...

the ah pek is gonna get into trouble for sure... but my fren was made to suffer too... 😓

That is the thing.

The offender must be made to take full responsibility of the mess. The victim should not need to bear any consequences, let alone a heavy one.

Insurers have the right to reject claims because their customer is in breach of a contract (for being drunk). However, when the victim claim's his/her own insurance, they should not be losing any NCD, or worse, get any loading for future renewals because of a not-at-fault claim.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 2

i poor lah..... whenever got drinking appt, will leave the car at home or near my kid's childcare for wifey, then BMT to and fro. 

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

It can. No guarantees.

This discussion is badly missing @Sp4wn

the problem is that this topic has been beaten to death so many times and the end result is always the same. the victim gets the blame. considering its almost a decade since my accident with no change in legislation, I can only assume this is something we have to live with. I'm not sure why the government wont step in to rectify this issue .. but I certainly wish they would at least give their explanations or justifications instead of keeping mum. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

the problem is that this topic has been beaten to death so many times and the end result is always the same. the victim gets the blame. considering its almost a decade since my accident with no change in legislation, I can only assume this is something we have to live with. I'm not sure why the government wont step in to rectify this issue .. but I certainly wish they would at least give their explanations or justifications instead of keeping mum. 

It’s similar to having PMD crash into u.. how many has successfully cliam from them?

I think everywhere else in the world mandates the insurer to pay for 3rd party first, no matter if the offender could claim insurance or not. If he couldn't claim, that's the fight between insurance co and offender, shouldn't divert the burden to the victim.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1