2023 6th Generation Nissan Serena (C28)

Carbon82

While it look more like a facelift of the 5th gen Serena (C27), this actually a brand new model from Nissan, and it is now available in 3 drive train options: petrol only, petrol hybrid and ePower (EV). 

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_28.jpg

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_4_031101510

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_1_039b01130

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_8_02c700000

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_32_03110000

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_13_0337011f

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_251.jpg

nissan_serena_highway_star_v_9_040300571

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_12.jpg

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_9.jpg

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_58.jpg

nissan_serena_e-power_luxion_71.jpg

The gasoline version uses a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine with 150 horsepower (110 kilowatts) and 200 Newton-meters of torque offered with or without all-wheel drive and a CVT. There's also a hybrid e-Power model (2WD only) with a new and quieter 1.4-liter engine producing 98 hp (72 kW) and 123 Nm. Combined with the electric motor, the total system output is 163 hp (120 kW) and 315 Nm.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Nissan marketing dept shld hv gone w the recent jap craze of teaser ads by onli showing tiny bits of the car............

..............and kept it as such.

Car is quite good according to one friend that is driving the e-power one. But no matter how these MPVs are designed. The outlook almost the same leh.

2 weeks back I saw one Alphard that can take in a special wheelchair instead of the chair coming out.  The old man finish eating in the restaurant and pushed out to the car, no need to get up. The car just open up and pick up the wheelchair and get into the car. Good

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Car is quite good according to one friend that is driving the e-power one. But no matter how these MPVs are designed. The outlook almost the same leh.

2 weeks back I saw one Alphard that can take in a special wheelchair instead of the chair coming out.  The old man finish eating in the restaurant and pushed out to the car, no need to get up. The car just open up and pick up the wheelchair and get into the car. Good

Welcab is a feature available in a lot of Jap MPV.

There are ppl complain about e-power going into limp mode while going up Genting 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

14 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Welcab is a feature available in a lot of Jap MPV.

There are ppl complain about e-power going into limp mode while going up Genting 

What do you think? You can run an engine directly with petrol and yet you choose to use petrol to run the generator and then in tun run the motor and say it saves money.

I never know how the calculation is done. But my friend is not a car man. Good for use and save petrol only. No need power. Haha

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

What do you think? You can run an engine directly with petrol and yet you choose to use petrol to run the generator and then in tun run the motor and say it saves money.

I never know how the calculation is done. But my friend is not a car man. Good for use and save petrol only. No need power. Haha

This system has 2 flaws:

1. Cannot charge via plug-in

2. Very small battery.

Unlike PHEV, there is not much savings.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This system has 2 flaws:

1. Cannot charge via plug-in

2. Very small battery.

Unlike PHEV, there is not much savings.

Haha, I still think the Toyota Hybrid system is efficient lah. But people still think not green. 

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Haha, I still think the Toyota Hybrid system is efficient lah. But people still think not green. 

Toyota Hybrid has always been the gold standard. It still can’t beat PHEV.

That’s why it started making PHEV.

Want green has to walk 

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Toyota Hybrid has always been the gold standard. It still can’t beat PHEV.

That’s why it started making PHEV.

Want green has to walk 

PHEV got to charge lah, the waiting time I don't like. Of cos there are still people who don't mind. And of cos that is an extension to it

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

PHEV got to charge lah, the waiting time I don't like. Of cos there are still people who don't mind. And of cos that is an extension to it

PHEV can use 3 pin plug to charge overnight.  Every night, charge once can liao.

My KL friend living in a condo doesn't even have to visit a petrol station that often.

Moreover, the battery is not depleted daily unless you drive in crawling traffic.

Unlike you, i hate going to petrol station.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

PHEV can use 3 pin plug to charge overnight.  Every night, charge once can liao.

My KL friend living in a condo doesn't even have to visit a petrol station that often.

Moreover, the battery is not depleted daily unless you drive in crawling traffic.

Unlike you, i hate going to petrol station.

Agree. But imagine one guy staying in condo or HDB and even if there is a plug in the CP and this guy forgot to plug in for hte night. Haha. 

Yes, I prefer to simplify by no petrol, go top up and go in mins. Individual lah. One day maybe soon I have to follow too. Last time mobile phone can last a long time. Now have to carry powerbank around. Or for me in the Fortuner, put a charger with both USB-C and Lightning cable for switching. 

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Agree. But imagine one guy staying in condo or HDB and even if there is a plug in the CP and this guy forgot to plug in for hte night. Haha. 

Yes, I prefer to simplify by no petrol, go top up and go in mins. Individual lah. One day maybe soon I have to follow too. Last time mobile phone can last a long time. Now have to carry powerbank around. Or for me in the Fortuner, put a charger with both USB-C and Lightning cable for switching. 

Buy PHEV to optimise the charging part.  Without that, just skip this variant lo.

You ole skool never carry bag 1, of course mafan for you.

I always have a bag that has all the necessary stuff😂

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Buy PHEV to optimise the charging part.  Without that, just skip this variant lo.

You ole skool never carry bag 1, of course mafan for you.

I always have a bag that has all the necessary stuff😂

Haha, I show you😁, how you know I never carry bag. I travel so much, I always have my super trusty Tumi with me at all times. With this, I survive anywhere. Pick up and fly too.:XD:

Let me list what is inside you may not expect too besides my passport and necessary stuffs inside your mind- A watch pouch, to carry an extra one if I feel I want to. A pair of spare glasses. My mother's Ang Bao which all in a bag I carry around (superstitious). Photos for travel needs in case of any issues or application. 2 other wallets as I go different country, I switch. Plus my B&O and Sony earphones

Only back in SG I dump all in the car boot especially those whiskeys 🤪

5ff7ac009ac959a2128975e6257dab1.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3