Correct way of driving

flashbang

How many drivers here use right foot for stepping accelerator and brake pedal? How many use left foot to step brake and right foot to step accelerator?

Believe it or not, the correct way is to use right foot only! Quite shocking to know some of my friends are driving wrongly...

↡ Advertisement

Got correct way meh?

When I drive an automatic, I use my left foot to press brake, right foot to press accelerator.

When I drive a manual, I use my left foot for the clutch and right foot for the accelerator and brake.

When I drive a manual on track, I use my left foot for the clutch and sometimes for the brake, and I use my right foot for the accelerator and brake.

Whatever floats one’s boat, jerks one’s rope, right?

• Praise 4

Got correct way meh?

When I drive an automatic, I use my left foot to press brake, right foot to press accelerator.

When I drive a manual, I use my left foot for the clutch and right foot for the accelerator and brake.

When I drive a manual on track, I use my left foot for the clutch and sometimes for the brake, and I use my right foot for the accelerator and brake.

Whatever floats one’s boat, jerks one’s rope, right?

PRO level!

Not many can have such coordination.

Supercharged

Left foot?

Must be a pro.

I went for a rally driving course many years ago and we were taught to use left foot to brake, not easy to modulate seriously

• Praise 1

How many drivers here use right foot for stepping accelerator and brake pedal? How many use left foot to step brake and right foot to step accelerator?

Believe it or not, the correct way is to use right foot only! Quite shocking to know some of my friends are driving wrongly...

I kept using the left foot for brake in USA when I collected the car while still in parking lot. I was wondering why the braking was so hard and soft on. Then I realised I rented an auto so no clutch. My left leg was instinctively clutching in but ended up jam the brakes instead......

But after that, it was OK.

I did tried stepping brake with my left. I almost jerk till throw out. Than I concluded my left foot left sensitive than my right foot. Must be some sort of illness.

Turbocharged

Like this ah ?  [rolleyes]

• Praise 3

Supercharged

How do lefties drive?  Do they find it hard to control using their right foot?

legs also got righties and lefties?  [crazy]

Twincharged

I did tried stepping brake with my left. I almost jerk till throw out. Than I concluded my left foot left sensitive than my right foot. Must be some sort of illness.

Left foot used to stepping on clutch already. Much longer travel and harder to step.

For non professional drivers like most of us here, it is safer to just use your right leg to accelerate or stop the car. 

Your brain works better just focusing the neural synapses on one leg. Less chance of error.

I wonder how many SUI taxis have the uncles smashing their accelerator in state of panic. 

it is usually right to use right foot but it does not mean not right of not using  right foot. ooops ...i am also confused. 

Edited by Ct3833

Follow traffic rules = right way of driving

Dun be cb on the road = right way of driving

Courteous on the road = right way of driving

I don't care what leg you use to drive.

You can use your middle leg for all I care

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4