Jump to content

Luminox watch


Ironstarz
 Share

Recommended Posts

The last I know is that there's a Luminox shop at Queensway Shopping Centre. Not sure if its still there.

wah, revival of a 2yr old thread........ :o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys any comments on Luminox watch??? I'm a darn rugged person so i guess this rugged watch will suit me , any feedback on this watch???

 

Ya get those solid huge Seiko built like a tank or Rolex also solid. Omega also good. [thumbsup]

 

Anyway no matter how strong a watch, if u constantly drop it or knock it, it wil spoil one day. Oh n dont buy battery/Quartz. Ty cannot take knocks as well as those mechanical.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the military, the color of luminox is suitable for my usage. It has self lumination which can be used in field at night easily [:p]

 

Now many brands have that bright tritium lights. Very common already.

 

I have a H3 using it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the military, the color of luminox is suitable for my usage. It has self lumination which can be used in field at night easily [:p]

 

 

Yeah, I owned one too, bought 3 months back, an excellent piece, luminous at nite, hardly and good conversation piece for Alpha male.

 

Macho looking yet stylo-mylo... A great watch which will last longer, not many watch connoisseur notice it though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey.. my luminox strap broke into half.. do u know where i can fix it???

 

 

I changed mine at a shop in Sim Lim Sq. Can't remember the name of shop it's er Chrono Connection or something...

 

Quite reasonable ( as compared to agent) and good service by the boss. Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
(edited)

Personally, I feel it is not.

 

3.5 k can get something much better and almost like the SR71.

 

I have a thing for black gunmetal straps too.

 

Then again, a watch is a very personal thing. If you like it and suits your style. By all means go ahead.

 

Is it worth it to buy Luminox SR-71 Blackbird with Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph movement? The price is less than $3.5k.

Edited by Davidtkl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I feel it is not.

 

3.5 k can get something much better and almost like the SR71.

 

I have a thing for black gunmetal straps too.

 

Then again, a watch is a very personal thing. If you like it and suits your style. By all means go ahead.

What would you recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luminox having a roadshow from 29Aug to 4Sept at Raffles City Shopping Centre.

 

http://news.asiaone.com/news/science-and-t...ve-seas-luminox

 

SINGAPORE - The Luminox Saves The Seas ocean conservation programme in Southeast Asia will begin in Singapore with a roadshow and exhibit of the Great White submersible which is the first of its kind to be brought to Asia. Luminox Saves The Seas programme promotes awareness of preserving the health of coral reefs and marine life.

 

The Great White submersible will be specially shipped to Singapore by Luminox brand ambassador and ocean conservationist Scott Cassell. Thereafter, the submersible will move onto Tioman Island, Malaysia, where Mr Cassell will study the region's ocean eco-system, making him the first in Asia to utilise a manned submersible to do so.

 

The electricity-powered two man submersible is constructed from recycled materials and used for educational programmes under the United States-based non-profit organisation Undersea Voyager Project (UVP).

 

The programme is designed to utilise manned submersibles to take members of the public to study the ocean environment at depths of up to 300m, and undertake a scientific observation of marine ecology. Mr Cassell utilises the submersible regularly for his undersea exploration projects in the United States. He is principal investigator of the Humboldt squid in the US marine science community and has been recognised as the first ocean explorer to capture video footage of a giant squid in its natural environment.

 

In preparation for the ocean conservation programme, Luminox has launched its second edition of the Luminox Scott Cassell Deep Dive Automatic special edition watch (Price: $2,795) Proceeds from the sale of the watch will be pledged to support Mr Cassell's non-profit ocean conservation work in protection of endangered marine species and public education of the importance of preserving ocean eco-systems.

 

Visit the roadshow and exhibit from Aug 29 to Sept 4 at Raffles City Shopping Centre. Mr Cassell will give a presentation on the first day of the roadshow at 11am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

my luminox is fine but after a few mths the strap buckle gave way. now to lazy to find a new strap to replace it.

My wife & I also same. The rubber strap sucks. I go to the main distributor also see someone send in the watch with the strap issue. I got the nylon strap instead. Cheaper dan the rubber one at $70+. My wife she find it too ex and got a strap with buckle from outside for $25 instead. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife & I also same. The rubber strap sucks. I go to the main distributor also see someone send in the watch with the strap issue. I got the nylon strap instead. Cheaper dan the rubber one at $70+. My wife she find it too ex and got a strap with buckle from outside for $25 instead. :D

whatswheel, which luminox is nice as a gift for wifey ? any recommendation ?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...