Pulau Ubin

Seaweed

Anyone here got any idea what time the bicycle rental shops open in Pulau Ubin on Sundays .... can’t seem to be able to get info

Anyone here got any idea what time the bicycle rental shops open in Pulau Ubin on Sundays .... can’t seem to be able to get info

Using google map, only the first shop listed 8 to 6pm. I assume is 8am to 6pm. The rest should be similar. What I remember the shops open quite early. There are phone numbers to call.

Two weekends ago where I cycled to Changi Village, I spotted a family of otters munching on big fishes and rolling on the sandy beach just opposite the Ubin jetty. See if you got luck when there.

• Praise 1

tks bro, have contacted by FB one of them... finally one chap whom says he opens at 7.30-8am on the main road there

Wanted to start early like before 7am as the sun is really unforgiving this few days and want to leave Ubin by around 10am 

I've seen otters just sunbathing on the coast just near the entrance to cargo complex side, was like 3 of them    

Using google map, only the first shop listed 8 to 6pm. I assume is 8am to 6pm. The rest should be similar. What I remember the shops open quite early. There are phone numbers to call.

Two weekends ago where I cycled to Changi Village, I spotted a family of otters munching on big fishes and rolling on the sandy beach just opposite the Ubin jetty. See if you got luck when there.

• Praise 3

tks bro, have contacted by FB one of them... finally one chap whom says he opens at 7.30-8am on the main road there

Wanted to start early like before 7am as the sun is really unforgiving this few days and want to leave Ubin by around 10am 

I've seen otters just sunbathing on the coast just near the entrance to cargo complex side, was like 3 of them    

From what I can remember, Ubin cycling generally on tar road surrounding by trees, so will not be very hot unless you go to areas without trees like quarry area, so not really going to be scorched very badly. 

I am not sure you are aware of this Sensory Trail just  right of the jetty. Worth to spend some time cycling along the trail to get to know about the floral and fauna. You could pluck rambutans if in season as got rambutan trees there, think should be legit haha.

And perhaps can aim for low tide when exploring the Chek Java walk circuit to see more marine staff. If going during high tide, the area is just a body of water.

Enjoy your trip. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

From what I can remember, Ubin cycling generally on tar road surrounding by trees, so will not be very hot unless you go to areas without trees like quarry area, so not really going to be scorched very badly.

I am not sure you are aware of this Sensory Trail just right of the jetty. Worth to spend some time cycling along the trail to get to know about the floral and fauna. You could pluck rambutans if in season as got rambutan trees there, think should be legit haha.

And perhaps can aim for low tide when exploring the Chek Java walk circuit to see more marine staff. If going during high tide, the area is just a body of water.

Enjoy your trip.

Tks for heads up Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 7

I intend to transplant my 2018 wzw durian plant there when it grows bigger. Mainlander take must also give back mah...even though I didn’t take any but had seen some who took...

Hope to go back there to cycle with my boy after his exams this November

post-163127-0-61978200-1564298379_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Once you get out of the boat onto the jetty, the Sensory Trail is on the right side of the jetty. But you have to go left side to rent the bicycles then cycle back.

I remember there are also a few durian trees along the trail. Can try to look for drop durians. Legit to take as it was announced already the durians do not belong to islanders. Good luck haha.

All fruits that dont belong to the islander belongs to ah gong NParks, cannot take legally. Anyway dont think anyone there to enforce.

• Praise 1

Hee Hee Hee.... i tried my boomerang skills... got some by throwing some sticks... many people doing it too ...

All fruits that dont belong to the islander belongs to ah gong NParks, cannot take legally. Anyway dont think anyone there to enforce.

↡ Advertisement