Mkl22 Supersonic March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 You can use Grabhitch to fetch riders on the way back home. Grabhitch drivers can choose their riders.Grab hitch might end too. What’s the benefit of grab hitch to grab since they don’t earn a cent. I reckon that it’s another avenue for grab to draw some commuters to their app and then use grab Taxi or car. But now that uber is gone what need is there to waste effort on this. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 Grab hitch might end too. Whatâs the benefit of grab hitch to grab since they donât earn a cent. I reckon that itâs another avenue for grab to draw some commuters to their app and then use grab Taxi or car. But now that uber is gone what need is there to waste effort on this.How can you say this? It’s their social responsibility! Hahaha... But you are right, it might be gone soon. Enjoy while it lasts. Or maybe they will take a cut of 10%? Let’s say a driver earn $500 a month from driving hitch so if Grab take a cut of 10% which is $50, I think most drivers will just sua liao. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 I have done my part to accept almost all ping. The only 2 time I did not accept the ping is 1st one, this guy book pick up and drop off same location. So I never accept. 2nd one is I already up mce, then come the ping pick up location Robinson road. So I skip that one. Hope more grab drivers to also accept all pings come in as far as possible. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 I'm not a grab nor uber driver but I think Grab and those rider-hailing companies can do a better job than now by putting in more effort to enhance the apps to make the drivers and riders more happy. It's not difficult to make enhancement to the apps to make the destination feature work better for both the drivers and riders. The same goes for the fare calculation so that drivers are more willing to go to ulu drop-off destination and pick-up riders from ulu places. The questions as to why they're not willing to do that is because of the incentive dash out to drivers, make it difficult for drivers to hit the target to get the incentive else with the generous incentive dash out, they'll be burning money instead of making money. As rider, 1 could use Grab, CDG & SMRT to order your ride. All 3 companies have shareholders to report to, why should they do loss making business? A lot of times, drivers (both PHV & Taxi) is unwilling to go to ulu place unless riders willing to pay double. A lot of times, taxi drivers are more willing to q > 1hr at airport rather than taking calls at some ulu places in Coastal Road. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nothingtodo 1st Gear March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 Today my 1st day driving with grab. Earnings seems like no much difference. However I straightaway noticed a striking difference between uber and grab pax. It seems like there are more atas rider that take uber. Grab is more towards heartlander side. By the way, the news on ccs step in will make situations more messy. Although uber going to no more soon in singapore. It's still life as per normal, plus there is still taxi. So still not so bad. Price increase? I don't think so.. Look at my earnings today.. Screenshot_20180330-183519.png Screenshot_20180330-183527.png Screenshot_20180330-183536.png Fares are still quite reasonable. Those fare are before grab commission. After grab commission, I get lesser then these. The reason why there is this person complaint that grab fare is 40 bucks, uber fare is 20, taxi fare is 23 is because i believe there are a lot of grab drivers not too happy driving for Grab and join uber. So I believe the pool of uber drivers is actually more then grab. When grab lesser drivers naturally when there is high demand, grab surge pricing will be higher due to lesser driver. So with the merger, it may actually cause grab fare to go back to not so high rate due to now there is a big pool of grab drivers. Taxi will also be more happy due to they will have more bookings from those uber rider who just do not want to use grab. It's actually a win win situation. You ain't face nothing yet. Welcome to Grab, and enjoy your new app. Screenshot_20180331-135835.png I have done my part to accept almost all ping. The only 2 time I did not accept the ping is 1st one, this guy book pick up and drop off same location. So I never accept. 2nd one is I already up mce, then come the ping pick up location Robinson road. So I skip that one. Hope more grab drivers to also accept all pings come in as far as possible. You will soon take back these words. But then again, best to remain optimistic.Enjoy. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged March 31, 2018 Share March 31, 2018 As rider, 1 could use Grab, CDG & SMRT to order your ride. All 3 companies have shareholders to report to, why should they do loss making business? A lot of times, drivers (both PHV & Taxi) is unwilling to go to ulu place unless riders willing to pay double. A lot of times, taxi drivers are more willing to q > 1hr at airport rather than taking calls at some ulu places in Coastal Road. They scared when they on the way or reach there rider not there as they may had taken another taxi back. So better don't try luck lor. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kb27 Supersonic April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 Screenshot_20180331-135835.png I have done my part to accept almost all ping. The only 2 time I did not accept the ping is 1st one, this guy book pick up and drop off same location. So I never accept. 2nd one is I already up mce, then come the ping pick up location Robinson road. So I skip that one. Hope more grab drivers to also accept all pings come in as far as possible. Early this morning (Sat past midnight), while driving Uber, there were lots and lots of pings. I barely started one trip, another ping comes in. I accepted it and it was cancelled. This was repeated many times( while I was on route to finish current trip), until I fed up and stop accepting or ignore the pings. I guess I'm the only "free" driver around for miles, and the waiting time was long, so riders keep cancelling. Maybe I'm the last of my kind, Uber drivers have all left the sinking boat. In one case, I barely left the airport towards Punggol, another ping came in at airport again. Imagine the time for me to go Punggol and back to airport again ? As drivers, we do what we can. When we can't, just forget it. It's beyond our control. Riders doesn't care what you do or try to do either. When they don't get what they want, they cancel, if it's not disadvantageous to them. I understand Grab's cancellation policy is different, which may lead to situation where riders and drivers tried to tell the other party to cancel and fighting over it. When I get my Grab account settled, I'll probably jump ship asap. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kb27 Supersonic April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 As rider, 1 could use Grab, CDG & SMRT to order your ride. All 3 companies have shareholders to report to, why should they do loss making business? A lot of times, drivers (both PHV & Taxi) is unwilling to go to ulu place unless riders willing to pay double. A lot of times, taxi drivers are more willing to q > 1hr at airport rather than taking calls at some ulu places in Coastal Road. Ulu destinations like Changi Coastal Rd, Tuas South, Sg Gedong camp, no drivers want to go there. If you drop off someone there, then it's most likely an empty trip back to "civilization", wasting time and petrol. However, if you introduce some form of surcharge at certain destination, then the situation will not be so bad. Willing riders, willing drivers. Surcharge, just like airport, where taxis are willing to queue. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jman888 Moderator April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 Early this morning (Sat past midnight), while driving Uber, there were lots and lots of pings. I barely started one trip, another ping comes in. I accepted it and it was cancelled. This was repeated many times( while I was on route to finish current trip), until I fed up and stop accepting or ignore the pings. I guess I'm the only "free" driver around for miles, and the waiting time was long, so riders keep cancelling. Maybe I'm the last of my kind, Uber drivers have all left the sinking boat. In one case, I barely left the airport towards Punggol, another ping came in at airport again. Imagine the time for me to go Punggol and back to airport again ? As drivers, we do what we can. When we can't, just forget it. It's beyond our control. Riders doesn't care what you do or try to do either. When they don't get what they want, they cancel, if it's not disadvantageous to them. I understand Grab's cancellation policy is different, which may lead to situation where riders and drivers tried to tell the other party to cancel and fighting over it. When I get my Grab account settled, I'll probably jump ship asap. That is really bad, still have one week to go before uber app close down. Next few days will be worse. Lucky I used up all my voucher. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 (edited) Early this morning (Sat past midnight), while driving Uber, there were lots and lots of pings. I barely started one trip, another ping comes in. I accepted it and it was cancelled. This was repeated many times( while I was on route to finish current trip), until I fed up and stop accepting or ignore the pings. I guess I'm the only "free" driver around for miles, and the waiting time was long, so riders keep cancelling. Maybe I'm the last of my kind, Uber drivers have all left the sinking boat. In one case, I barely left the airport towards Punggol, another ping came in at airport again. Imagine the time for me to go Punggol and back to airport again ? As drivers, we do what we can. When we can't, just forget it. It's beyond our control. Riders doesn't care what you do or try to do either. When they don't get what they want, they cancel, if it's not disadvantageous to them. I understand Grab's cancellation policy is different, which may lead to situation where riders and drivers tried to tell the other party to cancel and fighting over it. When I get my Grab account settled, I'll probably jump ship asap. After driving grab for 3 days there is 1 thing I don't like and like about Grab. 1 thing I don't like: Grab do not have queue system at the airport. So which means the call received will be based on whoever is the nearest and not who ever is the 1st to arrive at the airport. This is no good as what if this driver dropped off pax at T2 no ping come in and decide to go to open air airport and wait for call. Then 2 minutes later another driver come and drop off pax at T2. Then just nice this rider book for grabcar in T2. The one nearest which is at T2 arrival hall will receive the call, whereas the one who come earlier waiting at the T2 on air carpark will not receive the call. One thing I like: Grab algorithm to receive ping is so much more refined as compared to uber. If driver don't cherry pick rider, the flow of the call come in actually very smooth. It will be mostly on the way type to rider pick up location for the next call. This is a far cry from uber where the next call receive maybe need to make a detour then to reach the next rider pick up location. Edited April 1, 2018 by Yewheng Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nzy Twincharged April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 After driving grab for 3 days there is 1 thing I don't like and like about Grab. 1 thing I don't like: Grab do not have queue system at the airport. So which means the call received will be based on whoever is the nearest and not who ever is the 1st to arrive at the airport. This is no good as what if this driver dropped off pax at T2 no ping come in and decide to go to open air airport and wait for call. Then 2 minutes later another driver come and drop off pax at T2. Then just nice this rider book for grabcar in T2. The one nearest which is at T2 arrival hall will receive the call, whereas the one who come earlier waiting at the T2 on air carpark will not receive the call. One thing I like: Grab algorithm to receive ping is so much more refined as compared to uber. If driver don't cherry pick rider, the flow of the call come in actually very smooth. It will be mostly on the way type to rider pick up location for the next call. This is a far cry from uber where the next call receive maybe need to make a detour then to reach the next rider pick up location. But I think that because of this, grab riders wait shorter time than uber riders for a car. Even at the airport. Average time to wait for the uber to arrive is longer than grab. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 But I think that because of this, grab riders wait shorter time than uber riders for a car. Even at the airport. Average time to wait for the uber to arrive is longer than grab. Eh, but I feel it is more fair to have queue system at the airport just like what uber does. Imagine this poor grab driver pick rider to airport and then no call come in, so drive to open air carpark and wait there for let's say 7 minutes still no call, then come other drivers who arrived later then him, they are just so lucky to be at the right place and at the right time. No good man. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raubern 6th Gear April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 Any bros know how is the FC of Kia Cerato Variant 2? Thanks. Looking at this car to do Grab 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kb27 Supersonic April 1, 2018 Share April 1, 2018 That is really bad, still have one week to go before uber app close down. Next few days will be worse. Lucky I used up all my voucher. Tonight is just as bad. The (back to back) pings were all over the place, Mostly 15~25 mins waiting time. Got one, I manage to catch a glimpse - 20km away ! But most of them cancelled by riders. While driving, I tried to stop the app, to stop receiving pings, but they keep coming in. After driving grab for 3 days there is 1 thing I don't like and like about Grab. 1 thing I don't like: Grab do not have queue system at the airport. So which means the call received will be based on whoever is the nearest and not who ever is the 1st to arrive at the airport. This is no good as what if this driver dropped off pax at T2 no ping come in and decide to go to open air airport and wait for call. Then 2 minutes later another driver come and drop off pax at T2. Then just nice this rider book for grabcar in T2. The one nearest which is at T2 arrival hall will receive the call, whereas the one who come earlier waiting at the T2 on air carpark will not receive the call. One thing I like: Grab algorithm to receive ping is so much more refined as compared to uber. If driver don't cherry pick rider, the flow of the call come in actually very smooth. It will be mostly on the way type to rider pick up location for the next call. This is a far cry from uber where the next call receive maybe need to make a detour then to reach the next rider pick up location. I don't queue at airport, so I won't miss much. Usually, I dropped off and out of the airport I go. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raubern 6th Gear April 3, 2018 Share April 3, 2018 Grab driver and passenger app down. Jialat. So unreliable Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged April 3, 2018 Share April 3, 2018 (edited) Grab driver and passenger app down. Jialat. So unreliable2nd time this year. Previous down was during peak hour 7plus to 8plus am, that time still got uber. Heng now also the same still got uber. In future, if grab down again will be Jia lat Sia. BTW, this grab app are.. Really shake head. In my 5 days of driving, I already found out 2 bugs in grab driver app. One of the bug I can repeat it easily. This is far cry from uber where in my 8 months of driving, there is no issue with uber driver app at all. Haiz.. Edited April 3, 2018 by Yewheng Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raubern 6th Gear April 3, 2018 Share April 3, 2018 Ya, Grab app many bugs. This morning the driver app already got problem. Showing some foreign language and cannot view destination and fare info. Wtf Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic April 3, 2018 Share April 3, 2018 Still down. Want to do grabhitch also cannot...na bei. ↡ Advertisement 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
How to get car financing loan?
How to get car financing loan?
Lower your car interior temp when parking in the hot SUN
Lower your car interior temp when parking in the hot SUN
COE Bidding – Jun 2026
COE Bidding – Jun 2026
Anyone into HK cantonese song (80s~end 90)
Anyone into HK cantonese song (80s~end 90)
Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!
Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!
Old Hong Kong TVB drama series (70s,80s - 90s) anyone into?
Old Hong Kong TVB drama series (70s,80s - 90s) anyone into?
Hongqi Will Be The 20th Chinese Automotive Brand to Land in Singapore
Hongqi Will Be The 20th Chinese Automotive Brand to Land in Singapore
Booking air tickets with Jetstar
Booking air tickets with Jetstar