ADs angry liao......

Soya

What if all this ADs combine together and bid on $10/- in next round COE bidding for Cat A,B & E.

Will LTA have to follow even if let say only 1000 COE and 2500 bids of all $10/- ... :o

Like the number of COE awarded will be ZERO.

Lets say got 1000 COE...

999 People bid $1

3 People bid $2

LTA will award 999 COE at $1, carry over 1 to next round as the $2 bids would mean "over subscribed" - can go under, but cannot go over

↡ Advertisement

The whole ideal of putting cars above 130bhp in CAT B is to separate the B&B and the luxury cars. To make CAT A cheaper and B&B cars more accessible.

Argue with the government is pointless. Thats Y they are the elite. Their prata can flip and flip.

We can only voice our grievances online.

Not necessary. You can go to Hong Lim Park voice your grievances loudly.

Honestly, looking at Singapore land mass, Car is still a luxury.

• Praise 1

What if all this ADs combine together and bid on $10/- in next round COE bidding for Cat A,B & E.

Will LTA have to follow even if let say only 1000 COE and 2500 bids of all $10/- ... :o

Cannot. LTA not stupid, they will inform CCS(anti competition sgp) and have the bosses arrested for possible price fixing. KNS.

Not necessary. You can go to Hong Lim Park voice your grievances loudly.

Honestly, looking at Singapore land mass, Car is still a luxury.

Car a luxury not necessary so. Sales people needs a car to do better their jobs, families with young children need a car to save time on travelling, families with older generation needs a car as some cannot physically take public transport, ppl with businesses/shop in JB needs a car to travel..... anyway it a fine thin line between luxury/need.

Rich ppl will tell you they NEED a car to demonstrate their status. Got property agents tell me that they NEED a BMW 5 series to show their clients how well they are doing so that their clients have confidence with their selling power.

Hyun/Kia, could be jumping coz their BnB models are affected. When the next Elan/K3 comes with just 1 more hp, they are out of the market. Unless when that happens, they bring in Rio/i20 as their BnB model. But not ,many will pay 60k for a 1.4L NA 102hp kimchi car.

Toyota jump coz, their 1.6L is already in the >130hp league. They have to specially detune their Auris for this purpose. I suspect their Altis was suppose to share this same engine if not for....130hp.

Nissan no jump coz, their engine could be as is as available (Sylphy) so not affected at 115hp.

Subaru, at 114hp & on AWD......no concern....

Honda, Civic....not a big seller to begin with. They have also started marketing City 'the people's car' (BnB)118hp....safe. As for the Jazz......looking at the Boleh AD in Boleh market.....they are using the same engine as the City in the Jazz 1.5. (not the same engine as the model in Japan site with GDI, 132ps/155nm). If the same Jazz as Boleh applies here,also safe.

Did you get your facts correctly?

Altis in Thailand is 122hp only leh, In line with all Asean car, Altis is still using 1ZR-FE which has dual VVT-i

Auris & UK in Singapore is 130hp. This car is using the more advance 1ZR-FAE which has both dual VVT-i & valvematic.

Supersonic

In general, the policy makers cannot make rapid changes because businesses need long term policies to make decisions. On these, I believe a lot of us can relate to the ADs problem because recently it seems like the those people making policies are not thinking very clearly before deciding resulting in a rash of U-turns and stupid policies. Maybe there is something wrong with our system that needs to be changed. We need people that really understand the problems and with the courage to voice out. Not your usual brown nose civil servant that we see prosper in the public sector the last 2 decades.

What u hv juz described in ur whole para above, I can describe in 1 word (ok, maybe 2): POPULIST POLICY. <_<

'nuff said. -_-

• Praise 1

Car a luxury not necessary so. Sales people needs a car to do better their jobs, families with young children need a car to save time on travelling, families with older generation needs a car as some cannot physically take public transport, ppl with businesses/shop in JB needs a car to travel..... anyway it a fine thin line between luxury/need.

Sales ppl can always take taxi.

Family with young children also can take taxi. last time ppl can afford private car meh?

Family with older generation can always take taxi. Even wheelchair bound can always take London taxi.

Rich ppl will tell you they NEED a car to demonstrate their status. Got property agents tell me that they NEED a BMW 5 series to show their clients how well they are doing so that their clients have confidence with their selling power.

This is clearly a WANT rather than a need.

Sekali the ADs are ganging up to push COE prices higher. You all really think they are out to help you own cars? I'm pretty sure their objective is to earn more profits. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Sales ppl can always take taxi.

Family with young children also can take taxi. last time ppl can afford private car meh?

Family with older generation can always take taxi. Even wheelchair bound can always take London taxi.

This is clearly a WANT rather than a need.

I cannot speak for others but for myself it is good to have a car, sending 1st kid to school, drops off 2nd kids at mum place and travelling half an island to work. then at night have dinner with my parents, chit chat with them and fetch all my kids back back without having to leave my parents place too early so schooling kid can sleep early. repaat this for 5 days a week. Weekend travel another half an island to in law place for them to see my kids. Full untilised. I would say difficult without a car and i say difficult never say impossible/

• Praise 6

Sekali the ADs are ganging up to push COE prices higher. You all really think they are out to help you own cars? I'm pretty sure their objective is to earn more profits. [laugh]

COE prices up sell more cars or COE prices down sell more cars?

Edited by Mockngbrd

I cannot speak for others but for myself it is good to have a car, sending 1st kid to school, drops off 2nd kids at mum place and travelling half an island to work. then at night have dinner with my parents, chit chat with them and fetch all my kids back back without having to leave my parents place too early so schooling kid can sleep early. repaat this for 5 days a week. Weekend travel another half an island to in law place for them to see my kids. Full untilised. I would say difficult without a car and i say difficult never say impossible/

My agenda today with car

1. Drop baby to childcare - about 7 km from our house, 10 minute walk from nearest bus stop

2. Drive to office - home to office...LRT, Two MRT tracks, feeder bus

3. Drive to client 1 to drop off brochures, chit chat 10 minutes, make sure all ok

4. Drive to client 2 to deliver 100 shirts, inside a controlled area, chit chat 10 minutes. To get out by cab, either have to call and hope or walk 10 minute to main gate.

5. Drive back to office

Take taxi for the above? Dunno how much - guess?

I'd say $20 for 1 and 2

$12 for 3

$12 for 4

$20 for 5 - inclusive of call fee.

Already at $60 plus in cab fares, without even talking about the convenience of loading and unloading the shirts into the cab, waiting, etc etc...

and haven't talked about going home yet.

Then not to mention the days we go to Tuas South to see client (yes - we have clients in Tuas Avenue 9)...office to there is 40+ km....some meetings are 9 or 9:30 am...how much would that cost me?

TRICK QUESTION....

Up or down, the number of cars sold is the same!!

Up they tell u COE going to go up better buy now

Down they don't even have to tell u anything, car buyers automatically will come and buy from them.

in the end same. ha ha

What constitutes a supercar then? Difficult to segregate hor

Some beng says his zeng mit lancer is also a super car.

The whole ideal of putting cars above 130bhp in CAT B is to separate the B&B and the luxury cars. To make CAT A cheaper and B&B cars more accessible.

Argue with the government is pointless. Thats Y they are the elite. Their prata can flip and flip.

We can only voice our grievances online.

Not flip and flip. Shift goal poles only and same game. Errr... Or..dif game? I kana confused by some one in white.

Twincharged

COE down... but prices maintain... thats what they are looking for. you and i know that COE up or down has no effect of the number of cars sold since it is always capped at the quota. But profit per car now are really huge. partly given the lower volume of cars sold now. but i doubt that this margin will reduce by much even when there are more quotas in the future. The ADs have tasted the huge profits, so naturally they will continue to milk us more.

• Praise 1

I tend to agree with some of the Mates tat mentioned why AD need to decide wat COE to bid!!!! [smash]

It shld change to buyer decide wat S$ to bid base on wat they can afford/or wat they want to pay + car price, this will also total up as correct loan they can afford tat meets the MAS way of controlling over borrowing from banks.

It will become a fair bidding, but think authority is not looking at this main objective of correct COE bid but want to get the ultimate S$ per month kind......its all abt money n money also lar............. :o

• Praise 2

Same amount of cars because COE quota is the same whether it is $1 or $100k. [:)]

↡ Advertisement