Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, 13177 said:

Can't even afford to pay for monthly maintenance charges of their condo and yet can afford to buy a condo? Sounds like no logic le. 😅

True that they only report good news, reporting how high salary people are earning, but i doubts it reflect the majority lo.

My understanding is even you never pay maintenance fees, the MCST also can’t do anything to you. 

Until you sell the unit then they can do something I think.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

We also got invaded by Japan and many killed at Changi beach

but none of us care if their PM goes and pray in don't know what shrine.

It doesn't stop me going to Japan or hating any Japanese person because of what their grandfather was ordered to do.

Supersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 9:57 AM, Fcw75 said:

My understanding is even you never pay maintenance fees, the MCST also can’t do anything to you. 

Really ah. So stay in condo better than HDB, cause if no pay HDB Service & Conservancy Charges, town council will run after you.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 10:01 AM, 13177 said:

Really ah. So stay in condo better than HDB, cause if no pay HDB Service & Conservancy Charges, town council will run after you.

I stand corrected though. 😅

Wrong

send LD and then can take to court and force sell

we have done this to many units for those who dun choose to pay .. knn some dun pay for 36mth 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 10:18 AM, RadX said:

Wrong

we have done this to many units for those who dun choose to pay .. knn some dun pay for 36mth 

3 years…😅

Sibei chao kuan. Got ask them go stay HDB or not? 🤣

Supersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 10:33 AM, Fcw75 said:

3 years…😅

Sibei chao kuan. Got ask them go stay HDB or not? 🤣

This type of people even go stay HDB also chao kuan de. They can only stay rental, cause no need to pay any maintenance fees.

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
(edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 10:48 PM, 13177 said:

4800 is low income at 36? Looks like it is true that many people are earning 5 figure salary. 😅

Bro...there is a saying here

1) 10k is the new poor

2) Don't change tyre, change the car.

You should know these two by now.....😄

Edited by Starry

Hypersonic

So now we know!

Don't pay condo fees can drag for 3 years

but must pay up then if not kenna force sell.

:D

• Haha! 4

On 1/2/2024 at 10:48 PM, 13177 said:

4800 is low income at 36? Looks like it is true that many people are earning 5 figure salary. 😅

Generated by AI: In 2023, the average salary in Singapore was about 8,450 SGD (6,324 USD) per month. 

Although the real median income fell by 2.3% in 2023, despite the nominal income increasing by 2.5%. This is due to high inflation, which has outpaced nominal wage growth. 

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 10:18 AM, RadX said:

Wrong

Yes MCST can take action to auction the unit ….. also by then the  defaulter will also have arrears with Bank too ….. have seen one unit been forced sold ….. quite many years back …. But it takes a few years before final action is taken ….. I forgot how the priorities of debt distribution kicks in 

• Praise 2

Can don't pay. But the MCST is entitled to make life very difficult for delinquent cases:

1. Withhold entitlements like car-park use of facilities including use of the lift (for those private lift condo)

2. Charge 24% annual interest on outstanding amount, and compounded

3. Then when the SP sells unit, the MCST takes all the compounded arrears back

4. In interim, MCST will put a lien on the unit so that cannot be sold unless MCST agrees.

MCST quite lenient if only delinquent for 1-2 quarters as long as interest is paid or even partial payment

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
On 1/3/2024 at 1:06 PM, serenade said:

Can don't pay. But the MCST is entitled to make life very difficult for delinquent cases:

1. Withhold entitlements like car-park use of facilities including use of the lift (for those private lift condo)

2. Charge 24% annual interest on outstanding amount, and compounded

3. Then when the SP sells unit, the MCST takes all the compounded arrears back

4. In interim, MCST will put a lien on the unit so that cannot be sold unless MCST agrees.

MCST quite lenient if only delinquent for 1-2 quarters as long as interest is paid or even partial payment

Not sure if part 1) can be exercised easily ……. As far as I can remember the delinquent owner was still parking his car for a couple of years and then vanished and about a few months later unit was auctioned or something like that ….. anyways this was like 15 years back or so ….. dunno if it’s been tweaked 

Supercharged
On 1/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, 13177 said:

Can't even afford to pay for monthly maintenance charges of their condo and yet can afford to buy a condo? Sounds like no logic le. 😅

True that they only report good news, reporting how high salary people are earning, but i doubts it reflect the majority lo.

bought condo during good times....now a lot of reason cannot afford to pay...eg out of job, pay not enuff....a lot of cases bro....and they can tell you a 1000 and one story....

times are bad....trust me...

Turbocharged

Can't vote during agm and cannot book facilities. I think. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

can, see if they want to or not....block yr card when you drive out or drive in....heheheheh

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 1/3/2024 at 12:28 PM, Silverkris said:

Generated by AI: In 2023, the average salary in Singapore was about 8,450 SGD (6,324 USD) per month. 

Although the real median income fell by 2.3% in 2023, despite the nominal income increasing by 2.5%. This is due to high inflation, which has outpaced nominal wage growth. 

and you imagine with this income can buy $1.5 mio condo.....:nosebleed:

On 1/3/2024 at 1:37 PM, BanCoe said:

Not sure if part 1) can be exercised easily ……. As far as I can remember the delinquent owner was still parking his car for a couple of years and then vanished and about a few months later unit was auctioned or something like that ….. anyways this was like 15 years back or so ….. dunno if it’s been tweaked 

Hard to implement for big mass market condos. For a medium condo like mine with long serving guards who knows every resident and car by name/face, it was implemented. There was peer pressure too from the other residents in same stack arising from behavioral problems of the owner, that the culprit sold, paid the arrears and moved out. 

↡ Advertisement