Jump to content

Reckless Cyclist


Brock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged
On 5/10/2023 at 4:15 PM, inlinesix said:

I have been advocating VRN for bicycle.

Regardless whether it is use on road or PCN.

But it seems like nobody agrees with me🤭

Cyclists will go LTA and kick door.
573570060_Cyclistprotest.gif.838313afa47f104c4b6f931274a3e50c.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 5/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, inlinesix said:

You mean ppl who ride on PCN?
🤭

I think those are generally mummies and good daddies... 🤔...😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think those are generally mummies and good daddies... 🤔...😅

There are a lot of chongster on PCN le.

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/man-allegedly-chases-pushes-cyclist-who-rang-bell-at-him-on-footpath-in-potong-pasir

Man allegedly chases, pushes cyclist who rang bell at him on footpath in Potong Pasir

A cyclist alleged that a pedestrian chased him down and pushed him after he rang the bike bell to tell the pedestrian to give way on a footpath in Potong Pasir.

Stomper Edward, who was the cyclist, said it happened on May 4 at 8.15pm and shared photos of the pedestrian.

"I was cycling along the pavement outside Sant Ritz condo near the Potong Pasir MRT on an Anywheel bicycle," he recounted.

Anywheel is a local bike-sharing company founded in 2017

"There was a man in a black shirt obstructing my path and I rang the cycling bell twice to alert him," continued the Stomper.

"He turned back and stared at me aggressively. I stared back.

"I didn't see a need for him to stare at someone like that. I didn't ring the bell violently or shout at him. I gently rang the bell to alert him of my presence.

"I cycled away from him, but then he ran towards me and pushed me from the back with excessive force. I almost lost my balance and fell off the bike.

"As I felt I was in danger and this was turning unnecessarily violent, I cycled away to protect myself, but then he pursued me again and charged towards me aggressively.

"This time I got off the bike and stood up to him. I explained to him that this bike is not allowed on the road and the pavement is a shared space. I rang the bell to tell him to give way. He had no legal right to push me violently. I almost lost control of my bike and got injured, but thanks to my decent build, I was able to control myself.

"I then took out my phone to take a picture of him and left the scene telling him that I will make sure I make a police report. He replied 'F*** you' to me.

"I find this guy's behavior completely unacceptable. No one has the right to push someone like that, especially when they are in a vulnerable position, seated on a bicycle."

In response to a Stomp query, the police confirmed that a report was lodged.

According to the Land Transport Authority, bicycles are allowed on footpaths.

"Singapore is promoting a greener form of transportation and young guys like me are contributing to the cause," said the Stomper.

"We don't have big money to drive to work in fancy cars. The pavement is a shared space and I don't see why people can't just move aside when there is a bicycle coming. If the space is tight, then it's fine.

"But in this situation, I was not assertive and there was ample space. I was attacked unnecessarily."

cimg_6628.jpg

  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2023 at 2:34 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

No summons issued to cyclists for flouting rule on group length: Police

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/traffic-police-road-cyclists-no-summons-rules-group-length-sizes-3474561

Cyclists on roads in Singapore have to keep to groups of no more than five bicycles in length.

Abigail Ng 10 May 2023 12:38PM

image.png.65d85e84b2727ca996a1f2e8b94b696d.png

A large group of cyclists along Upper Thomson Road who were involved in a collision with another cyclist on Apr 16, 2023. (Image: Facebook/Serlina Eng)

SINGAPORE: The Traffic Police has not issued any summons to cyclists for flouting the rules on cycling group length since it took effect on Jan 1, 2022, the police said on Monday (May 8).

Cyclists on roads in Singapore have to keep to groups of no more than five bicycles in length. On single-lane roads and in bus lanes during operational hours, riders have to be in a single file.

When riding on roads with two or more lanes, cyclists can ride two abreast, in groups of up to 10.

The issue came to the fore after an accident in April that left a cyclist in hospital with a minor brain bleed.

The injured cyclist's wife wrote on Facebook that a "peloton of crazy cyclists" caused the collision with her husband. She said they ignored the safety of others and rode off.

The police said last month that investigations are ongoing.

The limit on cycling group length was introduced due to space constraints on Singapore’s roads, the Ministry of Transport said in October 2021.

Those caught breaching the rule can be fined S$150 (US$110).

About a year after the rule was implemented, road cyclists told CNA it was not practical because riders cannot prevent other cyclists from merging into the original group, and switching formations was a concern when travelling along a mix of single-lane and multi-lane roads.

SUMMONS ISSUED

In response to CNA's queries, the police said 1,089 summons were issued to errant cyclists between January 2022 and March 2023.

The most common offence committed was riding a bicycle on a road without wearing a suitable helmet securely. It is followed by cyclists not riding in an orderly manner and without due regard for the safety of others.

The third most common offence was cyclists failing to stop at a red light.

K17Ta.gif

 

  • Haha! 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 5/10/2023 at 8:43 PM, Windwaver said:

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/man-allegedly-chases-pushes-cyclist-who-rang-bell-at-him-on-footpath-in-potong-pasir

Man allegedly chases, pushes cyclist who rang bell at him on footpath in Potong Pasir

A cyclist alleged that a pedestrian chased him down and pushed him after he rang the bike bell to tell the pedestrian to give way on a footpath in Potong Pasir.

Stomper Edward, who was the cyclist, said it happened on May 4 at 8.15pm and shared photos of the pedestrian.

"I was cycling along the pavement outside Sant Ritz condo near the Potong Pasir MRT on an Anywheel bicycle," he recounted.

Anywheel is a local bike-sharing company founded in 2017

"There was a man in a black shirt obstructing my path and I rang the cycling bell twice to alert him," continued the Stomper.

"He turned back and stared at me aggressively. I stared back.

"I didn't see a need for him to stare at someone like that. I didn't ring the bell violently or shout at him. I gently rang the bell to alert him of my presence.

"I cycled away from him, but then he ran towards me and pushed me from the back with excessive force. I almost lost my balance and fell off the bike.

"As I felt I was in danger and this was turning unnecessarily violent, I cycled away to protect myself, but then he pursued me again and charged towards me aggressively.

"This time I got off the bike and stood up to him. I explained to him that this bike is not allowed on the road and the pavement is a shared space. I rang the bell to tell him to give way. He had no legal right to push me violently. I almost lost control of my bike and got injured, but thanks to my decent build, I was able to control myself.

"I then took out my phone to take a picture of him and left the scene telling him that I will make sure I make a police report. He replied 'F*** you' to me.

"I find this guy's behavior completely unacceptable. No one has the right to push someone like that, especially when they are in a vulnerable position, seated on a bicycle."

In response to a Stomp query, the police confirmed that a report was lodged.

According to the Land Transport Authority, bicycles are allowed on footpaths.

"Singapore is promoting a greener form of transportation and young guys like me are contributing to the cause," said the Stomper.

"We don't have big money to drive to work in fancy cars. The pavement is a shared space and I don't see why people can't just move aside when there is a bicycle coming. If the space is tight, then it's fine.

"But in this situation, I was not assertive and there was ample space. I was attacked unnecessarily."

cimg_6628.jpg

This Edward, I bet he don't even know guideline no.1 and he wanted the pedestrian to give way to him. What a joke! Nonetheless, I do not condone the behavior and act from the pedestrian in this case. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/getting_around/active_mobility/rules_and_public_education/rules_and_code_of_conduct.html

Rules & Code of Conduct

Guidelines for AM device riders and pedestrians

Being gracious and looking out for others, yourself and your device keeps everyone safe on paths. All path users should always give way to more vulnerable users, and follow these guidelines.

All AM device (bicycles, PABs, PMDs, PMAs) riders should:

1. Always give way to pedestrians

2. Watch your speed and go slow around others

3. Slow down when approaching bus stops and/or intersections of public paths

4. Walk your device in crowded areas

5. Gently alert others before overtaking

6. Keep left on paths unless overtaking

7. Ride on cycling paths and bicycle crossings when available

8. Keep a safe distance from other path users, especially when overtaking to avoid a collision

9. Avoid shining your lights onto the face of other path users

10. Check that your lights, brakes and tyres are in good working condition before setting off

11. Check the height of your handlebars and seat on the bicycle to ensure that you have full control of the device when coming to a sudden stop in an emergency

12. Keep both hands on the handlebars. Signal your intention to change course or make a turn ahead of time

13. Park your devices at designated parking places such as bicycle racks and yellow boxes. Be sure to securely lock your devices (PDF, 388kB) to prevent it from being stolen

14. For shared bicycles: park your shared bicycle only in designated parking zones, which can be located using your bicycle sharing application. Look out for the QR code located near the parking area and scan it to end your trip. You may be banned from using shared bicycles if you fail to end trip at designated parking zones. For more details, read this parking guide (PDF, 255kB)

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2023 at 11:45 PM, Jellandross said:

No registration = No accountability

Y38Dg.gif

 

No identification = no liability

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2023 at 10:54 PM, Mustank said:

Personally the video is abit biased as it did not show the few seconds before the event. Critical would be if the driver cut into the lane abruptly causing the rider to jam brake and hitting the car. Seems to be the case from the way video is edited though. If that is the case, then the driver definitely at fault. I do not support the response from the rider, but I can understand how he feel if he felt his life has been endangered by the driver's reckless maneuver. Anyway when I cycle on pavement, I would slow down or stop when approaching this kind of road condition as stupid to assume that drivers would give way even if I have the right of way.

Do not believe everything on plain sight. People always present half truths to make themselves look proper. Really mess up.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
(edited)
On 5/10/2023 at 11:45 PM, Jellandross said:

No registration = No accountability = No Identification = No liability = No COE = No Insurance = No Summons 

Y38Dg.gif

 

:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Spidey10
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
On 5/11/2023 at 11:01 AM, Kklim said:

If yr wife or girlfriend was with you, report him for outrage of modesty.  

no law ...of course! of course!....biker always right!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...