Japanese F-35 fighter jet missing

Stooky

Japanese defense officials are searching for a fighter jet off the coast of Aomori Prefecture, northern Japan. They lost contact while it was on a training mission.

Japanese Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya said, "At around 19:27 Tuesday, an F-35A from the Air Self-Defense Force Misawa air base lost radar contact 135 kilometers east of the coast during training."

Iwaya said the one pilot on board is missing. Officials say the jet was flying with three other planes of the same model, and there were no reports of problems before contact was lost.

The Self-Defense Forces and the Coast Guard have dispatched patrol aircraft and ships to search for the jet.

↡ Advertisement

F-35 is stealth. Means it's working?

My post on this here last night also gone missing...hahaha

Stealth so effective until their own radar couldn’t detect the homing signal?

• Praise 2

I think the F-35 isnt totally stealh per se but it has a lower radar signature. A smaller blip on the radar screen compared to other fighters.

F-35 is stealth. Means it's working?

you damn cb...but yea, thts true too

hope not NK taking hold of it

Supersonic

you damn cb...but yea, thts true too

hope not NK taking hold of it

I no cb n speaketh the truth, my deciple. If a radar can pick up so easily means stealth major fail liao Edited by Soya

Turbocharged

Yes it's a Boeing.

The F-35 is plague by issues and there will be teething issues. This one could be one major tooth...

Edited by Pocus

Yes it's a Boeing.

The F-35 is plague by issues and there will be teething issues. This one could be one major tooth...

its 1 damn expensive equipment to lost,

not counting the pilot

Edited by Beregond

Yes it's a Boeing.

Sg gonna spend money to buy 8 of those leh....  :a-no:

Turbocharged

Same source say jet parts found in sea..

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20190410_15/

I was watching the news. From the video apparently they found an pool of luminous fluid, either the crash marker or fuel leakage, with some parts and debris. All ships are rushing to it now.

EDIT: okay they have confirmed it's really from the F35... salvage operations has begun and they continue search for the pilot...

Sg gonna spend money to buy 8 of those leh.... :a-no:

Well, the A4s,F15s and F16s have their fair share of crashes and training accidents... didn't stop us from buying them right... Edited by Pocus