Car manufacturing date / year of production

This is really trivial. 

Have been puzzled by this mismatch in year of production record in logcard and label in the car.

The B180 was registered in Dec/2015, but the metal plate label at the driver door indicated MY2016. Logcard record is put at 2015.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car. Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

post-101253-0-74091000-1557641965.jpg

post-101253-0-68638000-1557641981_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

you should see the VIN instead

(Vehicle Identification Number)

it is found under/near the drivers sitting position of the seat for Mercedes

push back the driver's seat take out the carpet it should be there

Once you get the VIN, you can even go online and check all your vehicle information and detail specifications

• Praise 3

Supersonic

This is really trivial.

Have been puzzled by this mismatch in year of production record in logcard and label in the car.

The B180 was registered in Dec/2015, but the metal plate label at the driver door indicated MY2016. Logcard record is put at 2015.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car.

Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

MY is manufacturing year or production model number, not the actual year of manufacturer

Many models produced late in the year are usually upgraded in specs/software n tagged as the next year's production model. Think of it as ios 12, 12.1, 12.2, etc

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

This is really trivial. 

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car. Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

When you sell your car can tell buyer they are getting a 2016 model and

show picture as proof.

:D

post-101253-0-68638000-1557641981_thumb.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

This is really trivial.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car.

Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

Car factories do not end their year on 31 Dec . Example Ferrari , any cars produced after Aug / Sept 2019 will Be considered as a 2020 car as the Year of Production .

So different car factories will have different year end .

I supposed it’s the same as companies with different financial year closings for their audit .

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 2

you should see the VIN instead

(Vehicle Identification Number)

it is found under/near the drivers sitting position of the seat for Mercedes

push back the driver's seat take out the carpet it should be there

Once you get the VIN, you can even go online and check all your vehicle information and detail specifications

Thanks for the info. I have used it in the past to buy 3 aircon filters which is now lying around as servicing with my preferred workshop comes with original aircon filter. 

But my query now is why the label is marked as MY2016.

Car factories do not end their year on 31 Dec . Example Ferrari , any cars produced after Aug / Sept 2019 will Be considered as a 2020 car as the Year of Production .

So different car factories will have different year end .

I supposed it’s the same as companies with different financial year closings for their audit .

Something new I learnt today. Think most likely the reason.

• Praise 1

Bought my car from AD. Collection date estimated mid June, car is manufactured in Feb.

From the collective experience of MCF bros is 4 months between car roll off factory to delivery normal?

Turbocharged

Bought my car from AD. Collection date estimated mid June, car is manufactured in Feb.

From the collective experience of MCF bros is 4 months between car roll off factory to delivery normal?

Bought my current car in May, delivered in August, manufactured in July. Fresh out of oven.

• Praise 1

Mods sorry my thread is different from the above combined thread.

Mine is about the length between manufacturing ad delivery (ie how long the car has been lying idle)

Kindly uncombine thanks

Creating new thread as previous one was wrongly combined with another old thread by mods...

Purchased my new car from AD. Manufacturing date is Feb, slated delivery is June. Meaning car is lying idle for 4 months.

Is this normal?

Twincharged
(edited)

Creating new thread as previous one was wrongly combined with another old thread by mods...

Purchased my new car from AD. Manufacturing date is Feb, slated delivery is June. Meaning car is lying idle for 4 months.

Is this normal?

Mfg in Feb,for you Case Made in Thailand Mitsubitshi,1 Month to S'pore,bid for COE,[some are 6 Bids],3 Months...quite reasonable....deliver in June.....There are some unsaleable Models,stored in Ports over 2 Years...

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Is this normal?

first of all, have you searched?  What makes your question so difficult and different that it canot be asked in this thread: https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2715878-car-manufacturing-date-year-of-production/?hl=manufacturing

I know you are excited and all about a new car but it would also be good to search the masses of info we have here in mcf over the years.

↡ Advertisement