Racism in Singapore: Singaporean man told to date people of his own ethnicity

BabyBlade

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Is it still racist if it is old Indian uncle telling the young chap to date or marry within his race instead?

Yes. 

And... 

IMG_20210608_085609.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. 

And... 

IMG_20210608_085609.jpg

image.png.056b72d5cc03d30c4b993063177d67c6.pngthis must come hand in hand

• Haha! 8

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

...got eat chicken rice or nice chicken at geylang? .😁

Pay for the chicken rice but still for moral obligations, avoid eating "that" chicken rice ....  [sunny]

No pay, you be in No. 2, Hoy Fatt Road la kopi ...   [sweatdrop]

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. 

And... 

IMG_20210608_085609.jpg

A chicken is a chicken whether either brown, white or black ... :slow:

Can cross breed to have quality & meaty chickens  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

7 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Pay for the chicken rice but still for moral obligations, avoid eating "that" chicken rice ....  [sunny]

No pay, you be in No. 2, Hoy Fatt Road la kopi ...   [sweatdrop]

Huh!? Liddat macam subscribe to educational channel but neber watch...liao lui...😁

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

A chicken is a chicken whether either brown, white or black ... :slow:

Can cross breed to have quality & meaty chickens  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I wouldn't know. I'm a veggie and proud of it. 😁

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

VAGGie u mean?

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Hmmmmm ...... have the farmers ever had in mind to cross breed vegetables for greater yale ... [sly]

:XD:

• Haha! 1

(edited)

I think this is not news. Like we have never heard of parents objecting to interracial marriage telling their children who or what race they should marry.

In the 80s there is the "Great Marriage Debate" from a significant figure here in Singapore. Giving his idea of an ideal marriage. 

We are living in a multi-racial society there is no 100% guarantee there is no discrimination. Like it or not there will still be some biasness for sure.

What this guy did is out of line of course but that doesnt mean he is the only one thinking the way he did. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, RadX said:

VAGGie u mean?

How dare you?! I'm offended!! 😡😡😡

I would NEVER buy a Volkswagen or an Audi.😂😂😂

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I really don't know what to say when we have a law minister and a few MPs coming in to comment on a viral video shared by an ice-cream shop owner. The timing and attention is pin point coincidental. Did Shanmugam shared this in parliament? I've of the impression he that he did. 

U know how many ministers are in interracial marriage? U know that some are products of such? This is personal for them, i dont blame them for speaking up instantly when kena triggered

In any case this uncle/lecturer got it coming... even though i know the view is actually quite prevalent among older generation it needs to be sent to the rubbish chute. Along with CMIO labelling and divisions

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I think this is not news. Like we have never heard of parents objecting to interracial marriage telling their children who or what race they should marry.

In the 80s there is the "Great Marriage Debate" from a significant figure here in Singapore. Giving his idea of an ideal marriage. 

We are living in a multi-racial society there is no 100% guarantee there is no discrimination. Like it or not there will still be some biasness for sure.

What this guy did is out of line of course but that doesnt mean he is the only one thinking the way he did. 

Depends on what one thinks if there are hidden hands and agendas at play as a result of resented govt policies. Is this just picking a isolated case to silence criticism at other areas.... tried and tested umbrage method.

Well there's been intense criticism of many things that can be related...

How foreigners can just come and get pr/ citizen easily while some locals cannot even get PR for their children's mothers and fathers. 

How enclaves have formed in workplaces as a result of alleged corruption,  nepotism,  fraudulent qualifications. 

How university placed are given free to foreigners to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars while locals are told degrees are not necessary.

Henceforth... any criticism of south Asia agreements will be conveniently linked to this ?

Will there be a lecture... perhaps series of lectures... coming up about people who want to shut Singapore off to the rest of the world? It's all looks a lil too convenient,  coincidental,  hijacked.. and overblown maybe. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

I am Chinese but I have to say Indians in Singapore kenna racism and it's wrong.

But because Chinese are the majority they don't feel it.

A lot of racism is unconscious.

:D

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Black people in USA also kenna racism and a lot of idiots criticize BLM Black Lives Matter.

It's also racism that cause this but people are not aware of their unconscious racism. 

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I am Chinese but I have to say Indians in Singapore kenna racism and it's wrong.

But because Chinese are the majority they don't feel it.

A lot of racism is unconscious.

You want to "feel it", very easy, just cross the Causeway [laugh] But you got to wait till covid is over.

Hypersonic

Msian chinese don't like Spore chinese not because of our race but because of our nationality.

They don't like any Chinese that keep saying cheap cheap and driving prices up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1