17-year-old boy dies after falling from 4th floor of Orchard

Ender

Err so was he still trying to take his phone? Or he was just doing a stunt. The actions don't look very much like a guy wanting to retrieve his phone...

↡ Advertisement

Girls usually have better common sense.

Possible. 

But obviously does not apply to the girl who seems to agree to film the boy jumping over. 

This is really sad. 

Out of respect to the deceased, I'll refrain from commenting much. Just hope that this serves as a painful lesson to others and there will be no repeat of such accidents, ever.

• Praise 4

The parapet could be use to hide trunking and wires of the building and not meant to be step on. Or it could simply be a building design fascade. As long as its not used for support of the structure I dont think BCA can fault it. But moving forward still hope BCA can use this accident to ask contractors to label the danger. Today it may be a shopper but it could happen to anyone, perhaps a cleaner or maintenance guy who is not for some reason not briefed before conducting his duties...

if a guy killed himself while playing with a knife

we don't label all our knives to prevent the same incident to happen again, do we?

cleaver1-w-logo.jpg

what if people still die after all the warning stickers and signs?

• Praise 3

if a guy killed himself while playing with a knife

we don't label all our knives to prevent the same incident to happen again, do we?

cleaver1-w-logo.jpg

what if people still die after all the warning stickers and signs?

I do think non-supportive platforms where it is accessible should be visibly identified.

The risk of a knife's edge is obvious. A steppable ledge is not. I have seen cleaners using such ledges for window cleaning.

Especially so if its a 'non-load bearing' one

• Praise 2

Moment of folly .........................

......................haunting her for the rest of her life

........... kids nowadays quite daring but never think unlike our time in Kampungs mostly end up in longkangs usually...... our toys or marbles or what not

Longkangs also very dangerous. My area ever heard of so and so kids got swap away by the longkang stream. Those longkang need to use stepways to go down/up.

Possible.

But obviously does not apply to the girl who seems to agree to film the boy jumping over.

This is really sad.

Out of respect to the deceased, I'll refrain from commenting much. Just hope that this serves as a painful lesson to others and there will be no repeat of such accidents, ever.

Out of respect we should take down the video as well. Imagine the parent watching the video again and again.

Ok last post here as I am a father myself. Bye from this thread.

• Praise 3

The parapet could be use to hide trunking and wires of the building and not meant to be step on. Or it could simply be a building design fascade. As long as its not used for support of the structure I dont think BCA can fault it. But moving forward still hope BCA can use this accident to ask contractors to label the danger. Today it may be a shopper but it could happen to anyone, perhaps a cleaner or maintenance guy who is not for some reason not briefed before conducting his duties...

the barrier itself is already a warning not to cross over

no amount of warning signs or labels are enough to deter a person who is determined to breach the barrier

• Praise 5

no amount of warning signs or labels are enough to deter a person who is determined to breach the barrier

grills lo

• Praise 1

If there are warning that said "Not for standing". Things might be very different.

Victim would have thought other wise instead of leaping over to impress.

He should be under the impression that the parapet is sturdy enough to hold him.

• Praise 3

Agreed, I would say wordings such as NO STEP or DO NOT STEP might have prevented this.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

Agreed, I would say wordings such as NO STEP or DO NOT STEP might have prevented this.

Common sense might have prevented this too.
  • Praise 1