Dio boh @Radx @Angcheek?

Ya

Another conversion and daily bread

You will be receiving a PM soon.... :D

Dio boh @Radx @Angcheek?

Y
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

personally, i always tot it strange that eldest son was not chosen to be executor of his will.....

and it is sad that a man strong all his life... seem vulnerable in his end.

2njkx9.jpg

I am inevitable. I am Iron Yang. *snap* :D
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I find it strange

A lie being told long enough will be perceived as truth.

One party is NOT telling the whole truth.

I believe the longer this goes on, our PM and his party will suffer issues of credibility.

First it was just words, recently supporting evidence are revealed.

One wrong slip of document made public can be so damaging that we may have a new government at the next election.

The next leg of Singapore would be pathetic and boring.

Our next generation leaders were all either secretary of someone or in the military taking orders. How to have visionary among them?

We have MIT talk talk talk but have NOT 1 day in this life deal with real life business on his own.

We have an MP who chair the fake news committee whom himself was accused of creating fake news in parliament by WP Png.

etc

Nothing political just observations putting into words.

• Praise 9

Twincharged

I find it strange

A lie being told long enough will be perceived as truth.

One party is NOT telling the whole truth.

I believe the longer this goes on, our PM and his party will suffer issues of credibility.

First it was just words, recently supporting evidence are revealed.

One wrong slip of document made public can be so damaging that we may have a new government at the next election.

The next leg of Singapore would be pathetic and boring.

Our next generation leaders were all either secretary of someone or in the military taking orders. How to have visionary among them?

We have MIT talk talk talk but have NOT 1 day in this life deal with real life business on his own.

We have an MP who chair the fake news committee whom himself was accused of creating fake news in parliament by WP Png.

etc

Nothing political just observations putting into words.

g4mbia4s67z11.png

• Praise 1

(edited)

.. keep these coming guys even though my england is lousy.. . really enjoy reading all these analytical perspectives and i must say some of you here can be better than our pappy members in the paliment...tq

Edited by Kezg1

Supercharged

Pap will say u all fakenews.

We all safe lah!

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/05/13/law-minister-says-there-is-no-civil-liability-for-sharing-fake-news-so-why-is-leong-sze-hian-being-sued-for-civil-defamation/

On Thursday (9 May), tech and lifestyle site Vulcan Post posted a video where they had invited the Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam to answer some questions asked by netizens regarding the controversial Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Bill (POFMA).

One of the questions that was raised was whether an individual will go to jail if he or she shares a fake news.

As a reply, Mr Shanmugam clearly said that if a person receives a news and forward it in good faith, then there is no problem with it at all.

Turbocharged
(edited)

personally, i always tot it strange that eldest son was not chosen to be executor of his will.....

and it is sad that a man strong all his life... seem vulnerable in his end.

2njkx9.jpg

Not really leh. Not unusual. What is unusual is appointing a child to be executor. Usual will arrange for siblings: for child to be executor sure got dai chi unless it’s only child. Even then there’s a conflict of interest between the only child and the executor.

Edited by BenTong

Twincharged

We all safe lah!

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/05/13/law-minister-says-there-is-no-civil-liability-for-sharing-fake-news-so-why-is-leong-sze-hian-being-sued-for-civil-defamation/

On Thursday (9 May), tech and lifestyle site Vulcan Post posted a video where they had invited the Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam to answer some questions asked by netizens regarding the controversial Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Bill (POFMA).

One of the questions that was raised was whether an individual will go to jail if he or she shares a fake news.

As a reply, Mr Shanmugam clearly said that if a person receives a news and forward it in good faith, then there is no problem with it at all.

You must see the big picture.

Aim is to control information.

Previously it was done via defamation suits.

But now they realise, what if:

1) defamation cannot be used. Foreign news network or govt?

2) author cannot be found. Wikileaks ?

3) author found but untouchable. Foreign journalist? Ex Singaporeans?

4) going after author will cause even greater embarrassment.. see tt Durai and chc.

So.. POFMA lor.. best, they say fake means fake.

Taken with what is going on with lth and lsw.. you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig no matter how you try to spin it..

• Praise 1

....what is the definitions of "good faith"? It is still up to their interpretation and that is to sue  or not to sue..imo

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Papa was led by Loong to believe that Oxley Road had been “gazetted” by the government. This was the background to Loong’s insistence that Papa should change his will to give Oxley Road to Loong alone. Indeed, Pa wrote to his lawyer Kwa Kim Li of Lee & Lee, on 6 Sep 2012 saying "Although it has been gazetted as a Heritage house it is still mine as owner.” Pa also said "But the house is still mine and I can in my will give Ling the right to stay on in the house."

Loong eventually persuaded Papa that since Oxley had been “gazetted”, it was futile to keep Papa’s direction to demolish Oxley in his will. In late 2013, Pa began to doubt the truth that Oxley had been “gazetted”. On the evening of 29 Nov 2013, Pa discussed with his lawyer Kim Li the possibility of a "degazetting" of 38 Oxley Road after he died. Papa was concerned that the government would reverse course after his death so as to benefit Loong. He also made Kim Li recap what was in his Will in force at the time (dated 2 Nov 2012). Contrary to what Loong has alleged, Pa knew full well the contents of his prior will when he signed his Dec 2013 will.

Papa’s discussions with Kim Li were with a view to making changes to his 2012 will. Several emails between Pa and Kim Li record parts of these discussions and Pa’s instructions. Papa had come to a view that the government would reverse course on the “gazetting” of 38 Oxley Road after his death benefitting Loong as a result. This was what I believe led Pa to decide to revert to reinstate the provision to demolish the house, which had always been his unwavering wish, and also to grant me the right to live in the house as long as I wished.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1253083971526471&id=505819172919625

I think i can connect the dots already. But I shell not post here. Things happen for a reason..

I think i can connect the dots already. But I shell not post here. Things happen for a reason..

got say like no say. hahahaha

Supersonic

We all safe lah!

Who decides if it is good faith?