Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

The most popular arranged marriages have been Vietnamese for many years liao.

Fair skin, young, very pretty, can pick up Mandarin quickly........      

Many have boyfrens home and some are actually married and try to hide it. They are generally marrying up for social and monetary reasons so you gotto be prepared to give their family back home some money.

Their husbands tend to be many years older or non PMETs for obvious reasons.

Ask yourself why marry them. For sex?(consider transactions), companionship?(get a pet or widen your social circle), start family?(adoption) etc.......

I know quite a few Viet girls married here. Many in F&B line. They are generally hardworking but they do expect the hubby to be hardworking too. Just Siam all those form the entertainment circle. They are here to make money.

BUT very difficult to get PR........ unless you have a child.    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Good idea. Get from Japan or Korea

but don't get from this village.

I slept in the house and it was really cold.

Roof made of straw. You will freeze when 

you visit the in-laws

:D

shirakawa-go-748.jpg

• Praise 3

As long as got warranty can liao :D  [:p]

Anyone ever thought of getting a foreign wife? Or what you will say as a villager wife? What are you the thoughts and what hold you back from going for it?

Anyone with the experience? Any thoughts or experience to share?

BTW I am not focussing on those who marry foreign friends or colleagues but those who go for matchmaking agencies. Heard they are popular....

Haha. Don't think there is a thread on this yet.

• Praise 13

Very simple minded, really expect the husband to take care of everything. My ex classmate married a Vietnamese wife. Now complaining that every little things want him to handle. Even she not happy with her boss regarding pay, wants him to talk to her boss.

• Praise 1

I think before one consider any options for marriage, one must first understand why he/she is going for marriage in the first place.

If only for sex, already plenty of commercial services available. If need someone to cook and wash clothes, also a lot of commercial services available. If one thinks marriage provides these for free, then it's very wrong.

In every respect, marriage takes more time, effort and money than any of the above.

i think it's mostly cos of loneliness. Most people would not care to admit it but they are lonelier than they appear to be.

Have to see if your wife to be also can put up with your nonsense. Like how my wife puts up with my minimal communication on weekday mornings due to my lack of sleep and the fact i don't really like to talk in the mornings prior to starting work.  [laugh]  [:p]

• Praise 4

i know someone who about 30, no high qualification married a Ukraine woman [laugh][laugh]

The children will become model or actress

Its like repairing ur genes by mixing with Ukrainian hormones genes

i think it's mostly cos of loneliness. Most people would not care to admit it but they are lonelier than they appear to be.

Have to see if your wife to be also can put up with your nonsense. Like how my wife puts up with my minimal communication on weekday mornings due to my lack of sleep and the fact i don't really like to talk in the mornings prior to starting work. [laugh][:p]

Isn't lesser talking the normal progression in marriage. Hehehe.

BUT very difficult to get PR........ unless you have a child.    

I don't think so. Having a child doesn't auto qualify the wife with a PR. That's what many ppl thought. Many sgp men with foreigner wife and children still stuck with social visit pass.

Unless the wife has been working here for more dan 10 years and have obtain some kinda qualification the govt recognise. If no qualifications no skill, no way, not even a child can help get PR. Or else you see many poor foreign women rushing to sgp to marry a sgp man here.

That's when all the problem comes. Cannot get bto flat, if child is born overseas it's even worse, no subsidies be it medical or studies. Your mp also can't help you.

I think before one consider any options for marriage, one must first understand why he/she is going for marriage in the first place.

If only for sex, already plenty of commercial services available. If need someone to cook and wash clothes, also a lot of commercial services available. If one thinks marriage provides these for free, then it's very wrong.

In every respect, marriage takes more time, effort and money than any of the above.

if he only make $1000 a month and still need all the above?

i met a few such man is my social work, they actually do need all the above yet they cannot provide. Living in rental flat, working odd jobs, some still have kid at age 50. Who can deny their right for being a human who has those needs.

If loneliness is the main issue I dun think getting a foreign wife will solve anything. What's the odds of finding a soul mate from overseas. The freshness of getting a companion that is exotic will fade eventually and you have to consider real issues such as housing grants, funding their family back home, a spouse that may not be able to work or get only menial job offers, issues with in laws etc.       

Can't say whether suitable for TS cos I dunno anything about him except for his profession as a nurse.  

• Praise 1

I don't think so. Having a child doesn't auto qualify the wife with a PR. That's what many ppl thought. Many sgp men with foreigner wife and children still stuck with social visit pass.

Unless the wife has been working here for more dan 10 years and have obtain some kinda qualification the govt recognise. If no qualifications no skill, no way, not even a child can help get PR. Or else you see many poor foreign women rushing to sgp to marry a sgp man here.

That's when all the problem comes. Cannot get bto flat, if child is born overseas it's even worse, no subsidies be it medical or studies. Your mp also can't help you.

OK, much depends on the salary of the man. I have seen those earning more than about 100 grand get it quite quickly for their wife.   

My relative who cannot hold down a job still managed to get his wife PR after the birth of the third child. The wife no qualifications.

Whatever it is, at least the children is considered local and gets subsidies etc

If not, imagine both wife and kids get no subsidy and the hubby not earning much..........    

Then it's mutual lor. The foreign wife who arrives here away from home, will also feel lonely. Actually, whatever concern or consideration is mutual. If the man cannot see this, then better don't get married. How is he going to address the wife's loneliness ?

Feel lonely maybe beginning.  I see many foreign wives got their parents to come to Singapore on long term pass after they gave birth.  Perhaps using that as a reason to bring them over - looking after the child.

How come not discussed if marrying for love or lust? Love can (unfortunately) draw wool over the beholder's eyes at that moment in time. If marrying for lust, don't waste time.

During my schooling days, remembered a psychologist gave a talk to my group. To know if it's love or lust, lock the couple in a room together for 3 days. If can abstain from sex for that period of time, then it is love.

Not sure if he was full of shit. :grin:

• Praise 2

How come not discussed if marrying for love or lust? Love can (unfortunately) draw wool over the beholder's eyes at that moment in time. If marrying for lust, don't waste time.

During my schooling days, remembered a psychologist gave a talk to my group. To know if it's love or lust, lock the couple in a room together for 3 days. If can abstain from sex for that period of time, then it is love.

Not sure if he was full of shit. :grin:

hmmm when two people also have a shared experience (ie being locked up together), it's quite common for opposite sex members to get together into a relationship.

Just like how office affairs get started etc. They may think it's love/lust (but actually it's just proximity and a shared experience).