Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

think very very hard.

unless your spouse have a degree or high level of education, the first layer of problem starts with ICA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What are the chances the foreign wife will "balik kampong" anytime she feels like it? I think ppl are very brave to marry a total stranger. Know nothing of her or anythng from her past. Might as well hold onto a timebomb and "hope for the best". Just saying.

• Praise 1

When i was working in bangkok and jakarta i met many many good office girls. Beautiful, very polite, homely, and i believe raised to cook well. But stuck on handphone 24/7. So, good luck :D

• Praise 1

Better get one who knows how to converse and write in English and have academic qualification that Singapore govt recognise or else the most she will ever get is a social visit pass and never a PR/c'ship. Many S'porean men with foreign wives cannot get pass this hurdle. Cannot get bto flat, cannot this cannot that. Even the almighty MP also cannot help these group of ppl. Even if the foreign wife give birth to a boy who will eventually serve NS also dun auto qualify her with a PR/c'ship. I thought this is some kinda issue that TV has talked about? Better think it thru first.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Not to say I agree or disagree with people going for arranged marriage. But your concern is the same for the "stranger" coming here. Either case, better get to know each other better first, but then there is no such thing as guarantee marriage. A lot of people I know, BFGF for 10+ years, but cannot stay married for more than 1 year.

You think ppl come here automatically can adapt to the culture here? Not just a stranger issue. Also got to see our govt accept her or not. Lots of issue to consider.

Contrary to belief

Lotsa Ukraine women hv moved out Fr the bloc and are pretty well educated too. I know One studying here and reads psychology and journalism

Eloquent and yes, looks gd

Itâs a different game now

NPNT...
  • Praise 5

Contrary to belief

Lotsa Ukraine women hv moved out Fr the bloc and are pretty well educated too. I know One studying here and reads psychology and journalism

Eloquent and yes, looks gd

It’s a different game now

....eh ask a little bit more ah .... is she with The Straights Times????  surprisingly you very  "active"  2day    

• Praise 1

....eh ask a little bit more ah .... is she with The Straights Times???? surprisingly you very "active" 2day

Now hv a bitta Time la

Hainan Island have plenty .... [sly]

You like PRC [:)]

Communication also easy .. -_-

You intro lah.  You got so many relatives in Hainan Island. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

You intro lah.  You got so many relatives in Hainan Island. [laugh] [laugh]

... ask @Radx better lah..... he seems to go to Sentosa Island (so tomorrow the prospective cannot say want to Balik Kampong no more) 

• Praise 2

What are the chances the foreign wife will "balik kampong" anytime she feels like it? I think ppl are very brave to marry a total stranger. Know nothing of her or anythng from her past. Might as well hold onto a timebomb and "hope for the best". Just saying.

This I have to agree.  My collegue's wife from China chased his sister out and bully him and she always go back China and stay there for a very long time then come back. 

But to be fair, majority of the foreign brides are ok de.  So far people that I know are happily married with kids with PRC and Vietnamese woman.

• Praise 1

This I have to agree.  My collegue's wife from China chased his sister out and bully him and she always go back China and stay there for a very long time then come back. 

But to be fair, majority of the foreign brides are ok de.  So far people that I know are happily married with kids with PRC and Vietnamese woman.

In the past, maybe still can find someone decent. Now I dunno. Too many scammers.

Don't know he likes or not, mostly smoke one.. :wacko:

TS a nurse and don't like smoking .. :lll._.:

I thought his line of work got many female foreigners? [laugh]

• Praise 2