Headlight problems with modern cars?

Terrylmt

It's a common sight on the road. Driving without headlights on is akin to 没带脑出门。

Switching on headlight when you drive at night is.......... a basic and legal requirement.

I used to warn those drivers I see on the road without their lights turned on by signaling them, but nothing works.

Nowadays, I just do nothing and pray hard that they will get stopped by LTA/TP officer (FINE FINE FINE)

Some people must learn the hard way.

Nothing else works.

• Praise 1

Because it concerns safety, especially at a junction and affects how fast other drivers can reaction. Forgetful may not be a sin if nothing happens, just that is good to be mindful about it. ð

Ya, once in a while forget is ok.

But deliberate just to save electricity is really too much.

To be fair, sometimes hard to see if your headlights are switched on at night. I know my headlights are on at night, but if I look out, can barely see my lights. Some other cars headlights I see very bright. So might depend on the car also...

Bro, you need to change your headlights or get a spectacle LOL

Why it bothers so many ppl here? I couldn't care less. It's not like ppl cannot see the no headlight car. Some ppl just forget. Not a sin. They will just realised it later.

Bro, it's each and every driver's responsibility to ensure that their vehicle is visible at all times to other road users/vehicle on our roads, no matter whether the road is well-lit or not. 

If turning on headlights also can forget, these drivers should queue up at TP to surrender their driving licence.

Edited by Sunset73
  • Praise 1

Bro, you need to change your headlights or get a spectacle LOL

Bro, it's each and every driver's responsibility to ensure that their vehicle is visible at all times to other road users/vehicle on our roads, no matter whether the road is well-lit or not.

If turning on headlights also can forget, these drivers should queue up at TP to surrender their driving licence.

Just changed lah... philips xtreme vision. It's not that obvious in front, unless got car in front. But anyway I set auto liao so bochup. Previously use osram, haven't 6 months one side spoil liao... Edited by flashbang

M/cycles are supposed to be wired to be always on at all times of the day.

I chose to turn on my headlight manually because i noticed if the headlight stalk control is switched to auto, it doesnt always turn on past 7pm. I do not want to be fined by some TP wanting to meet their kpi near the end of the month.

I had been fined before by TP for not turning on my motorcycle headlight and its not something i wish to be repeated.

Just changed lah... philips xtreme vision. It's not that obvious in front, unless got car in front. But anyway I set auto liao so bochup. Previously use osram, haven't 6 months one side spoil liao...

Bro.. that's the problem of Philips headlights. No matter is diamond vision or xtreme vision, their white light is not obvious from the driver's view. If you ask me, I prefer OSRAM nightbreaker even though the lifespan damn short (mine lasted a little over 3 months previously).

Alternatively, change to LED bulbs. I did and it's so much brighter from my driver view. Best of all, the bulbs can last for a very long time.

James Bond Stealth mode......you driving Aston Martin huh? :D

JK!

No la. in my dreams maybe. lol. My current ride is FXT. Come to think of it, it should be something like the pole lights we have in the older cars. Switching to pole lights will on both front pole lights and rear lights, only the front headlamps will be switched off. Since new cars don't have pole lights, only DRL, I guess this is for that kind of setting.

Anyway, to keep things simple, I just use "off" and "auto". I don't keep my lights in auto mode, just use it like a "on" mode.

Twincharged

Perhaps let me shed some lights on why many owners driving modern cars do not on headlights after 7pm.

1) They r nearing home.

2) They forgot to turn on as they did not set as Auto headlight.

3) Many did not set Auto Headlight because sometimes a little dark, the car will also on headlight..

4) Save cost. Modern cars comes with HID lights. in my case, i always set as auto headlight. But didnt realise my car is on HID lights. 1 bulb cost me $300 to change outside workshop, while agent charge me $600-$700. And i am only saying changing of HID bulb. There is still Balast to consider if it fails.

5) Save cost. Some modern cars comes with halogen lights. But like most who doesn’t signal so as to prolong the lifespan of the bulb.

6) Modern cars come with DRL lights. It is auto on when u start ur engine. Many owners think it is not necessary to on headlight as the purpose is for other cars to watch out for them... DRL lights are bright enough to show others it’s a car at night.

Perhaps this speaks why.

Tmr i gonna change my HID bulb. And I gonna stop turning on my headlights as Auto.

I am just trying to say Automatic Headlights doesn’t activate at 7pm because it is still bright

I noticed my ride will turn on after 7.30pm

Thank you

Perhaps let me shed some lights on why many owners driving modern cars do not on headlights after 7pm.

1) They r nearing home.

2) They forgot to turn on as they did not set as Auto headlight.

3) Many did not set Auto Headlight because sometimes a little dark, the car will also on headlight..

4) Save cost. Modern cars comes with HID lights. in my case, i always set as auto headlight. But didnt realise my car is on HID lights. 1 bulb cost me $300 to change outside workshop, while agent charge me $600-$700. And i am only saying changing of HID bulb. There is still Balast to consider if it fails.

5) Save cost. Some modern cars comes with halogen lights. But like most who doesn’t signal so as to prolong the lifespan of the bulb.

6) Modern cars come with DRL lights. It is auto on when u start ur engine. Many owners think it is not necessary to on headlight as the purpose is for other cars to watch out for them... DRL lights are bright enough to show others it’s a car at night.

Perhaps this speaks why.

Tmr i gonna change my HID bulb. And I gonna stop turning on my headlights as Auto.

• Praise 3

To be fair, sometimes hard to see if your headlights are switched on at night. I know my headlights are on at night, but if I look out, can barely see my lights. Some other cars headlights I see very bright. So might depend on the car also...

And I would agree. But situational awareness is not that tough if you pay enough attention, for example, when you pull up behind another vehicle and notice that you have no light reflecting back at yourself.

Why it bothers so many ppl here? I couldn't care less. It's not like ppl cannot see the no headlight car. Some ppl just forget. Not a sin. They will just realised it later.

Because safety on the roads is not just about ourselves, but about others as well. I have had several near brushes with those guys who drive on poorly-lit roads without lights and are completely oblivious..

• Praise 1

wah your HID bulb so ex?

HID bulb is never cheap for original becos it last long. For after-market HID, it’s cheaper but does not last long.

Original car brand HID bulb is not cheap.

So next time buy car... new features does not mean cost savings.

What about those cock-a-nat-han drivers who drive with their high beam on?

They are seriously another irritating bunch.

Many people may think that these tend to be our female counterparts, but I have saw a fair share of male doing that.

These ppl should be removed from the road.

Driving around with high beam in Singapore context where our roads are generally well lit.. is just irresponsible.

Edited by Sunset73
  • Praise 1

If that is the case......maybe I shouldn't turn on my LED headlamps....... :D

HID bulb is never cheap for original becos it last long. For after-market HID, it’s cheaper but does not last long.

Original car brand HID bulb is not cheap.

So next time buy car... new features does not mean cost savings.

even when it rains? What car do you drive, if you don't mind my asking?

My auto-headlights will light up whenever the sensors detect a dip in ample lighting - how, I dunno. [drivingcar]

Yes my 4GClci not really sensitive as compare to previous ride of e60lci and e46lci

Maybe is led vs xenon or sensor not really sensitive like 2 previous cars

Current car only light up when sky or surrounding really not bright

Mscp and basement confirmed but tunnel sometimes don’t light up too

That’s why I use manual for headlamps now than Auto

Build quality is really bad now

↡ Advertisement