BLACKOUT around parts of Singapore 180918

BabyBlade

By right all electronic doors and gates should auto unlock whenever there is a blackout or fire alarm goes off de. If not people would be trap inside the building.

yah, this is what I understand.

My old office is also those electrical door, need to key in pass numbers one, last person to leave on Friday must manually lock the door in case power failure over the weekend.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

The doors on top secured by EMLocks.

If yr installer put in standby battery.. It will still lock by the em locks in event if power failure. Can run about 1 to 1hours plus.

So u can ask installer to remove battery but not advisable haha

There is this over ride key switch u can install for this kinda emergency

Edited by Digthis1
  • Praise 2

First world to third world anyone? Wonder if any of the ministars homes got hit..if got...think the corrective action will be fasterer, cheaperer and betterer.. [:p]

The people on MCF all high SES never kena blackout. All got own backup generator.

me no high ses,

but if happens again, pm me i drive my low ses but reliable car to let you have aircon till the power comes back again

post-131345-0-69224100-1537240184.jpeg

• Praise 1

Was wondering, if no electricity? The carpark barrier still work? Will kena stuck in carpark or can manually lift the barrier?

My side got blackout once, due to substation trip due to a burnout. My estate is fully gated and fenced up. And it happened at 6am. Residents who need to go to work need to climb over the gate as the electric gate will not work without electricity. So funny to see ppl climbing over the gate. The ladies dont dare to climb and just wait. It took PUB over two hours to restore power.

not only barricade. my door digital lick run on AC electricity as well. years ago i add in batteries into the casing as back up.
  • Praise 1

Mai comprain lah. Later men in white says infrastructure needs upgrading so price hike again. So malu. Developed small country such as ours still suffer black out. I think the smrt deep rooted culture has spread to other agencies as well. Just sign in/out w/o doing any maintenance work.

They should ownself check ownself. After this blackout I hope MOM send inspectors to check on SP power.

• Praise 2

Mai comprain lah. Later men in white says infrastructure needs upgrading so price hike again. So malu. Developed small country such as ours still suffer black out. I think the smrt deep rooted culture has spread to other agencies as well. Just sign in/out w/o doing any maintenance work.

They should ownself check ownself. After this blackout I hope MOM send inspectors to check on SP power.

This is quite true. Same like flooding, mrt breakdwns incidents. The moment theres a 1st time, there will b 2nd time and then time after time ... then become like a norm.. :D

i was sleeping soundly ... wife berated me for ''switching off'' aircon...  consequently couldnt sleep for 3hrs..  while wifey went back to sleep after aircon back on...  

F**k you p*p

• Praise 1

They have 24/7 hotline. I called before when my place blackout at 6am.

Thanks for your info..

Later , I will call them to ensure that there shall be no blackout in my area ...

If kanna , i have the right to kpkb jialat jialat coz they never ensure

How come the minister in charge of Singapore's power infrastructure no sound, no picture? [laugh]

As usual lo. Maybe to them it is a minor incidence.

• Praise 1

First world to third world anyone? Wonder if any of the ministars homes got hit..if got...think the corrective action will be fasterer, cheaperer and betterer.. [:p]

You mean they don't have backup generator?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1