High Court acquits maid of stealing S$34,000 worth of items from CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong’s home

Ysc3

1 hour ago, Staff69 said:

those who voted for the opposition,  thank you. if the problem is not address,  the next person going to jail for a crime, they didn't commit,  might be you

opposition is not here to sink singapore but to make all political office holders be accountable 

JT will be the spoke person again and with her tears rolling down, oposition hearts will soften ...  :whisper:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/book-launch-to-celebrate-twenty-years-of-weekly-sunday-emails-from-the-boss-to-staff

It seems that old Mr Liew likes to spend 5-6 hours writing emails on Sundays to motivate his staff.

I think he should use this time on Sundays for more regular father-son talks instead.  The son is the one who needs basic help (financial management and character).

As a supervisor myself, I refrain myself from sending emails to my subordinates on Sunday as a form of basic respect.

In France, it is against the law.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

Good to discuss Parti Liyani case openly in Parliament: Shanmugam

He said he will deliver a ministerial statement on the case. 

“In the last few days, I've been receiving notices of various questions that have been filed by MPs,” said Mr Shanmugam. 

“Several PAP members, at least two, have filed questions on the Parti Liyani case and the way which it has been handled,” he added. “It will be good to have it discussed in Parliament openly, set out what happened, and deal with questions.”

Speaking on the sidelines of an event at Tuas View Fire Station, Mr Shanmugam was responding to a question on his response to the Workers' Party's (WP) adjournment motion to speak about enhancing equity in Singapore's criminal justice system.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/parti-liyani-case-shanmugam-statement-parliament-motion-13117398

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/book-launch-to-celebrate-twenty-years-of-weekly-sunday-emails-from-the-boss-to-staff

It seems that old Mr Liew likes to spend 5-6 hours writing emails on Sundays to motivate his staff.

I think he should use this time on Sundays for more regular father-son talks instead.  The son is the one who needs basic help (financial management and character).

As a supervisor myself, I refrain myself from sending emails to my subordinates on Sunday as a form of basic respect.

Maybe that's why his son become like this.. He too focus on work till neglected his son..

On 9/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, Karoon said:

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

4 hours ago, Albeniz said:

But never email to the son... no wonder became a cross dresser.. Yuckssss..

Anyway , hope the Liew families will be banned from hiring maids forever...

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Parti Liyan’s case is not the only time Judge Olivia Low has seemingly disregarded evidence where FDWs are concerned

https://www.onlinecitizenasia.com/2020/09/16/parti-liyans-case-is-not-the-only-time-judge-olivia-low-has-seemingly-disregarded-evidence-where-fdws-are-concerned/

However, it is noteworthy that this does not appear to be the only time Low has erred in her judgement concerning foreign domestic workers (FDW). In another case, where an FDW, Moe Moe Than (Than) was abused by husband and wife Tay Wee Kiat (Tay) and Chia Yun-Ling (Chia), Low also had her judgement reversed.

While Low had acquitted Chia for not paying Than’s salary, Justice Hoo Sheau Peng at the High Court reversed this acquittal and sentenced her to a further three months for this charge. In addition, the High Court also handed down another six more months to Tay for abusing Than. It would seem that Low had disregarded certain pieces of evidence and been too lenient with a couple who had abused their FDW.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Shocked 1

Hope law minister to announce.. Remove Judge  Olivia Low from her current post. This will send strong message to all judge that if they did not do their job properly, they rice bowl will not be protected.. 

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Hope law minister to announce.. Remove Judge  Olivia Low from her current post. This will send strong message to all judge that if they did not do their job properly, they rice bowl will not be protected.. 

Not sure it's the mandate of law minister to appoint or remove judges. Beyond him I think. 

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

lai liao ... 

2020-09-16_231517.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Singapore got judicial independence. District Judge is determined by Legal Review Committee.

Law Minister cannot even appoint AG

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore got judicial independence. District Judge is determined by Legal Review Committee.

Law Minister cannot even appoint AG

Oh then these committee should do their job.. To remove those that do not perform well.. 

Coz if a judge do not perform well and innocent people get jail term for nothing. Is it fair to this person? And yet this judge continue to stay put in his/her post? Cannot be right? Coz in private sector, if a person make a big mistake and cost company money, this person maybe would 1st get warning, and if 2nd time still like this, out he go right? So same should applies to judge too. So there should have a system to be able to remove Judge position if this judge make wrong decisions and affect innocent people that led them in jail in the 1st place. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1