Jump to content

treadmill in hdb flat


Karoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Arogab said:

Can I say the machine you push and pull with the hands and half run half cycle on the legs. Haha elliptical so chim.

I said it in 2 words and you described in 17 leh. 😂

Cross trainers are good for those looking for upper and lower body low impact workouts.  Treadmill is more sexy, can get you to a high faster and can build more muscles but elliticals are better in covering different muscle groups (can reverse too).  I use it mainly to reduce impact on my joints. 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess those cheap and lousy treadmill, not only torture to use but your neighbour downstairs also got torture by your treadmill stomping sound. Lol.

If the machine is decently spec-ed, it shouldn't. The rollers and belts should take away most of the stomping. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I said it in 2 words and you described in 17 leh. 😂

Cross trainers are good for those looking for upper and lower body low impact workouts.  Treadmill is more sexy, can get you to a high faster and can build more muscles but elliticals are better in covering different muscle groups (can reverse too).  I use it mainly to reduce impact on my joints. 

England no good, boh bian. You are right, cross trainer low impact. Treadmill is good for high calorie burn lah, I did 6 degrees slow run for 30 mins my legs cannot take it liao

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

If the machine is decently spec-ed, it shouldn't. The rollers and belts should take away most of the stomping. 

So it means my neighbour upstairs should have bought a cheapo treadmill? Cause recently i heard leg stomping sound which is quite similar of a person like running on a treadmill, but i just could not trace what exactly the sound and where it comes from?

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So it means my neighbour upstairs should have bought a cheapo treadmill? Cause recently i heard leg stomping sound which is quite similar of a person like running on a treadmill, but i just could not trace what exactly the sound and where it comes from?

Maybe different type of exercise like the Golf? Check if accompanied by other sounds.... 

  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, therock said:

不可以la bro..

i nearly choked when I saw the price..

maybe ab roller la

im not so young so rowing looks easier haha

higher chance of injuring yourself on an ab roller, esp if never try before. do it wrongly and your back will never thank you.

rowing do wrongly still not so bad. at worst is gek the back muscles a bit with over strain.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, therock said:

Thanks for the tip bro

i actually own a roller and it’s really hard

bought it after that nick chueng boxing show haha

I was pretty good at canoeing 🛶 

i saw this on lazada 

https://s.lazada.sg/s.Z9uKs

looks interesting 

 

I've tried the water resistance version for 1 month. But a different brand under Life Fitness. Never tried an air resistant one so can't comment how different both models are. I think there was a thread where @Volvobrick and I had a short discussion on rowers but I can't remember which thread it was. The model he mentioned is one used by many around the world.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe different type of exercise like the Golf? Check if accompanied by other sounds.... 

No other sound accompanied. I just heard stomp stomp stomp, sounds like a person running on a treadmill continuously.

Edited by 13177
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I am thinking of investing in a treadmill.  I have been going to safra regularly to use the treadmills.  The problem now is with the lockdown, it's really throwing my rhythm off.  Train one month, off one month and so on.....

But I think the air circulation will be very bad cos the flat is small.

Why not run up and down the staircase?

Link to post
Share on other sites

wah… all must be jin rich and got big atas houses then can afford rowing machine, treadmill, dumbbells to put at home in addition to gym memberships

i peasant live in ah beng infested slum can only do static exercises without equipment and run outdoors… everything no need $ one

😬😅

  • Haha! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah… all must be jin rich and got big atas houses then can afford rowing machine, treadmill, dumbbells to put at home in addition to gym memberships

i peasant live in ah beng infested slum can only do static exercises without equipment and run outdoors… everything no need $ one

😬😅

Run up and down staircase lor

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I am thinking of investing in a treadmill.  I have been going to safra regularly to use the treadmills.  The problem now is with the lockdown, it's really throwing my rhythm off.  Train one month, off one month and so on.....

But I think the air circulation will be very bad cos the flat is small.

HDB without air con, even with windows opened, my body heat up too fast, cannot last 30 minutes of moderate exercise. (Zone 2 HR). Whole floor a mess with sweat..LOL

I was using the bike on trainer, but I assume it would be the same for treadmill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah… all must be jin rich and got big atas houses then can afford rowing machine, treadmill, dumbbells to put at home in addition to gym memberships

i peasant live in ah beng infested slum can only do static exercises without equipment and run outdoors… everything no need $ one

😬😅

Do what I did as a kid:

Knock on random doors in my block and run like the wind after .... definitely helped my shuttle run...

Swiping my hostel block neighbour's pizza orders also helped.. 

  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, therock said:

This talk of rowing machines has piqued my interest 

does anyone own one?

any models to recommend say under $500?

 Thanks 

Bar bell or dumbell can do row if already have them. At the same time can train abit on hip extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...