Jump to content

Reckless Cyclist


Brock
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Disagree with you on the highlighted part.

For those who cycle in parks, off-road or PCN, they have a duty of care towards pedestrian.

Accordingly, all the more they should have been licensed and insured.

I wonder when the cyclist rides on the road whether they have the " duty of care towards other road user" or comply to road and traffic act like stopping at traffic light, let pedestrian cross the zebra crossing rather than squeeze their way thru in between pedestrians and many other example as capture and "discussed" in social media. just trying to think about their mindset once they set cycling on the road.....

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AR159 said:

I wonder when the cyclist rides on the road whether they have the " duty of care towards other road user" or comply to road and traffic act like stopping at traffic light, let pedestrian cross the zebra crossing rather than squeeze their way thru in between pedestrians and many other example as capture and "discussed" in social media. just trying to think about their mindset once they set cycling on the road.....

To know cyclist mindset once on the road, I would suggest you cycle on the road.

Similar to drivers, different ppl have a different mindset.

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AR159 said:

I wonder when the cyclist rides on the road whether they have the " duty of care towards other road user" or comply to road and traffic act like stopping at traffic light, let pedestrian cross the zebra crossing rather than squeeze their way thru in between pedestrians and many other example as capture and "discussed" in social media. just trying to think about their mindset once they set cycling on the road.....

It's not the mindset, but rather they think they  cannot be identified and can get away with what ever shyt stuff they do on the road/pavements. Why PMD/ebike incidents are much reduced now? Cos most have a reg number on it. 

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

To know cyclist mindset once on the road, I would suggest you cycle on the road.

Similar to drivers, different ppl have a different mindset.

sorry is that mean that they are clueless and don't have that " duty of care towards other road users"  and that they don't care or exercise any considerations and can blatantly ride and regulate themselves when they are on the road? can I think so?

I don't ride on the road and I don't think it is necessary for me to do so either being told or on my own accord. I ride at East Coast Park. I will do it on weekdays. I have the luxury of time and it is very enjoyable lesser pedestrian,  joggers and its almost a clear passage. I can ride slowly or fast, with my own time own target.....cheers

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AR159 said:

sorry is that mean that they are clueless and don't have that " duty of care towards other road users"  and that they don't care or exercise any considerations and can blatantly ride and regulate themselves when they are on the road? can I think so?

All road users have a duty of care towards other road users.

5 minutes ago, AR159 said:

I don't ride on the road and I don't think it is necessary for me to do so either being told or on my own accord. I ride at East Coast Park. I will do it on weekdays. I have the luxury of time and it is very enjoyable lesser pedestrian,  joggers and its almost a clear passage. I can ride slowly or fast, with my own time own target.....cheers

Mind you, PCN has a speed limit of 25km/h.

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

It's not the mindset, but rather they think they  cannot be identified and can get away with what ever shyt stuff they do on the road/pavements. Why PMD/ebike incidents are much reduced now? Cos most have a reg number on it. 

Isn't that mindset?

Accordingly, all the more bicycle not riding on the road should be identifiable and insured.

That's to protect pedestrian.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

1 video speak everything

https://youtu.be/A8aZwNidiFA

I'm sure after the motorbike left, that cyclist will cycle in the middle of the 3 lane road again. If he has a sound mind, he won't be riding this way in the first place. I wish he has a license plate for people to report him. 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

A picture is worth a thousand words

2021-04-18_084629.jpg

Wa that's 5 abreast. Nice team work to block all the bigger and faster vehicles behind them. These fking brainless leotards would still not know what hit them that very second before they die..

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Wa that's 5 abreast. Nice team work to block all the bigger and faster vehicles behind them. These fking brainless leotards would still not know what hit them that very second before they die..

there is 1 vs godzilla truck ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

All road users have a duty of care towards other road users.

Mind you, PCN has a speed limit of 25km/h.

 

agree all road users have a duty of care towards other road user, I think almost every cyclist don't exercise that. they are more ego, entitled, selfish, self centered species...kudos to govt. and hopefully they regulate the cyclist ethics and this is the repercussion that the cyclist brought upon themselves. too many reckless incidents on the road liao. let's hope for the best. 

its ok to ride within 25km/h. if the rule is set why not? by doing so, nobody should bother you. its good enough and you can control you ride effectively and exercise your " duty of care to other " user. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

1 video speak everything

https://youtu.be/A8aZwNidiFA

I'm also wondering if they don't have that duty of care towards other road user, do they even have a duty of care for themselves? or they expect other road user targetting motorist  to absorb this duty of care for themselves(cyclist)

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Ender said:

This kid is reckless, but seems to be 'educated' coz he knows red light means stop.  So I don't think education will help in changing their mindset.

Education will not change the mindset. Only when he’s lying on the tarmac it will change his mindset.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

The signboard is incorrect - add "Idiotic" to it.... 

If these cyclists hog the traffic, they deserved the call idiotic. Even if it has the signboard of "cyclists ahead", doesn't mean that they can do whatever and ride without consideration of other road users, which many black sheep cyclists do and like to defend that they have the rights.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...