Hyflux shareholders to stage protest at Hong Lim

Lethalstrike

Turbocharged

Those who reinvested their dividends ... it is just pure greed and they got burnt. It's just like gambling, should know when to stop, once target earnings are reached, and walk out.

Looks like a certain mr koh will have to go back to teaching soon [laugh] Never mind, lots of opportunities for freelance trainers are now available with the skillsfuture schemes still running hot.

If he is not the best, then who in your mind is the best?

I dunno. Thats why i asked how come he's the best.

The best in terms of pay? Knowledge? Skills of negotiations?

You know? Share lah

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

What's the likely outcome of these unproductive protest?

Unhappy Ah Peks and Ah Sohs get rowdy due to entitlement complex and tio arrested.

Unhappy Ah Peks and Ah Sohs get rowdy due to entitlement complex and tio arrested.

43 years old you call him ah pek mean you damn young   [laugh]  [laugh]

Protest in Sgp got use wan meh?

Look at what the organiser did. After he got the dividends and he invest all of it in the shares. It's like the typical gambler putting all his winnings on the next bet. What is he expecting? Greedy bunch of folks.

Somemore got to apply license and get permission. These so called small investors very free siah. Invest money abit here and there. No need to work liao. This is the con of not working anymore. KPKB when things not going their way. I wonder who will bother? Moving on....

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

If he is not the best, then who in your mind is the best?

I do not know if the following 2 are world best but they left a deep impression on me :

1. David Marshall

For the case that changed the "to hang" sentence to "hang till death". That convicted young man was v lucky.

2. Subhas Anandan

For his personal conviction, "who doesn't have a right?" which fired his career in fighting for murderers etc. Yes, i often think these are deserving of the death penalty. But he sincerely and honestly tried his best to fight for them to have a chance to live, at least plead for a life sentence instead of death.

Sorry for OT. Your question set me thinking. I am not well read about who's the best in the world so cannot comment. But in Singapore context, maybe these 2 deserve a "world award" for something...fiery passion?

The lady justice is blindfolded and in one hand holding an ancient weighing scale/balance. Was there a sword or a book in other hand?

Just sharing my tots.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

I do not know if the following 2 are world best but they left a deep impression on me :

1. David Marshall

For the case that changed the "to hang" sentence to "hang till death". That convicted young man was v lucky.

2. Subhas Anandan

For his personal conviction, "who doesn't have a right?" which fired his career in fighting for murderers etc. Yes, i often think these are deserving of the death penalty. But he sincerely and honestly tried his best to fight for them to have a chance to live, at least plead for a life sentence instead of death.

Sorry for OT. Your question set me thinking. I am not well read about who's the best in the world so cannot comment. But in Singapore context, maybe these 2 deserve a "world award" for something...fiery passion?

The lady justice is blindfolded and in one hand holding an ancient weighing scale/balance. Was there a sword or a book in other hand?

Just sharing my tots.

Safe ride

Cheers

The lady is called lady themis
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

When Hyflux perpetual bonds were paying over 6% coupon rate for donkey years nobody KPKB .

High yield usually associated with high risk ; else who would be so silly to buy SG Gov bonds which give less than half the coupon rate .

Looks like the perpetual bond is now perpetually gone . 

• Praise 10

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/hyflux-investors-plan-hong-lim-park-protest-on-saturday

I guess no matter what they do, they are not getting their 100k worth of investments back....

This Alex Leong thinks that people polling means people will come down.

Naïve.

I'll just ride with the waves. If get some means good liao. ah well 2019.

Supersonic

Won't be surprised if some of the protesters will turn it into an anti-gahmen rally n kena arrested instead

↡ Advertisement