1.5m condo owner scold security guard

RadX

16 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Yeah, that is the current culture. Customer is always right still deeper sunk in most of us. Job and putting food on the table was always difficult thus just suck thumb.

So, do we want to change this? Yes then why harassment only apply to civil servants? Why aren't private employer protecting their staff? No strong union lor 

I am GUESSING.  The reason why harassment laws only apply to civil servants is because they are performing service AND more importantly the govt is the employer.

You cant extend this harassment to the private sector cos some bosses might be ok with harassment of ground staff if it results in more business.  Making it illegal means the boss must die die stop harassment even if it means loss of business.  I think it is expected that the employer from the private sector takes the steps to protect the ground staff.

Example.  You scold a police officer.  You get charged.  The police officer keeps his job.  Harassment law now applies to all.  You scold a salesman.  You get charged.  The salesman makes no sales.  Your friends stop buying from the company.  Now salesman and his friend no job.

Is this the best outcome?  I believe overseas you insult someone from private sector you get into trouble and they dont care if they loss business (they might even gain cos of free advertisement).  Unfortunately, its different here.  Mentality must change and first mentality to change is that we cannot always be aiming for big bucks FAST.   The word fast is in caps because managment wants growth to be up and constant and fast and not willing to settle for happier staff, stronger foundations at the expense of profits.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

I tried failed

look at Radx and me

still same same

I reported u

but PETA said: “b nice to cockroaches”

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

3 hours ago, Icemaiden said:

The reality is we cannot "control" other people. We can only manage how we react to them. There will always be people who are more direct and rash and use vulgarities. Maybe you are very protected but its quite common even in "atas" industry like investment banking, i.e. if the subordinate submit a lousy piece of work, the bosses got angry started to berate them, using strong words. I hate to say this but I don't think the guard is such an angel as well. First, we don't know if he applied the rule consistently and whether 10:30pm is the time the charges began and in fact he denied entry to the guest until the Ramesh guy came down then he insisted on charging $10. Secondly, the filming and posting is arguably even worse behaviour. As I say, the people who are upfront in front of you are usually quite "harmless". The worst ones are those who smile and act nice in front of you, behind the back film you and post on social media, or stab you from behind.

As for his citizenship, while he doesn't come from a "prestigious" university or diploma, there is no evidence that he fake it. But here is the double standards - this guy doesn't come from prestigious school and did reasonable well in life securing a job at JP presumably he climbed from the bottom and prove himself through his work. And Singaporeans are angry - had he been a true-blue Singaporean not from elite schools, he would be celebrated as the underdogs who did well but proving his worth at the workplace. So there is indeed some double standards if we look deeper.

Yah confirm, double triple standards.....  no need to dwell too deep lah.

huat do hoh....

My first post in this thread.

Why its more and more common to find CECAs in good paying jobs which locals could do? Everyone knows its due to Temasek's business interests. To allow big GLCs to tap on the India market, CECA was signed and in return, Singapore accepted the terms that Indian nationals are granted full access to a big list of professions here. 

You start to bring foreigners in by the truckloads, its bound to have these incidents. They bring in their cultures and mindsets. In the other popular local forum, someone mentioned they bring in their caste mindset which has been ingrained since the day they are born in India. Tharman was right, regardless of who's at fault, it simply an example of modern day bigotry and a sense of entitlement (I quote in his exact words on Facebook). Is this due to the caste mindset? IMO, perfectly plausible. 

Whether their professional qualifications are up to scratch or authentic or not, that's another discussion for another day. MOM's hands are tied by the stupidly negotiated CECA agreement which allowed for very lax imports of Indian nationals workforce. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 14
  • Angry 2
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, RadX said:

haha... "cockroach like those called in HK"?...too early...🤣

I believe and hope everything will end very soon nicely properly, give no chance for any violence to happen in singapore, we all love this peaceful place. If there is any problem or issue, all singaporean are civilised man, very educated, would surely solve their problems in a civilised manner.

57 minutes ago, RadX said:

I reported u

you are so screwed

we just form a union

not NTUC workers union

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/31/2019 at 9:34 PM, Odyssey2011 said:

2 cents...

What Are the Key Elements of Corporate Governance?

The key principles of good corporate governance differ depending on the country, industry, regulator and stock exchange. However, most codes of governance include several major characteristics:

Independent leadership: Companies should have an independent leadership to oversee and guide management, such as an independent chairperson or a lead independent director. An owner who selects friends and family members to sit on the board with him runs the risk of nepotism and prejudice. Independent judgement is almost always in the best interest of the company and its stakeholders.

https://bizfluent.com/info-7863014-corporate-governance-issues-challenges.html

Hehe this is so true but also very funny.

An owner who selects friends and family members to sit on the board with him runs the risk of nepotism and prejudice.

Is there any owner who has ever ask a person who is not his friend or family member to join his board?

They are all golfing buddies and drinking buddies and same school or relatives or ex colleague.

:grin:

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

Customer being right doesn't mean customer can abuse / harass / be rude

We always hear the customer is always right.

But the correct version is the customer is always right when its profitable to the company.

Anyway right or wrong customer is not important.

The important one is profitable or unprofitable customer.

Keep the profitable customer

and send the unprofitable customer to your competitor.

• Praise 5

15 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Hehe is this so true but also very funny.

An owner who selects friends and family members to sit on the board with him runs the risk of nepotism and prejudice.

Is there any owner who has ever ask a person who is not his friend or family member to join his board?

They are all golfing buddies and drinking buddies and same school or relatives or ex colleague.

😂 Not illegal afterall... 

Nepotism...small small matter lah... big ones are like collusion, cronyism...luckily nothing like these happened in singapore..😁 👍

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Not cockroaches lah.... dont be so mean

U mean I hv insulted cockroaches!??

my bad

lollll

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

you are so screwed

we just form a union

not NTUC workers union

You be more like 

B-union 

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

U mean I hv insulted cockroaches!??

my bad

lollll

No lah, i mean PeTA for animals. 

He not cockroach, he is a Rat.

muayhahhahhahahha

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I am GUESSING.  

I cut the rest to save space lah. Boss wants to make money don't care about staff and expect staff to care for their biz? No lah, harassment law must be extended to service staff. Sue until their pant drop that people dare  ot any how abuse.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

My first post in this thread.

Why its more and more common to find CECAs in good paying jobs which locals could do? Everyone knows its due to Temasek's business interests. To allow big GLCs to tap on the India market, CECA was signed and in return, Singapore accepted the terms that Indian nationals are granted full access to a big list of professions here. 

You start to bring foreigners in by the truckloads, its bound to have these incidents. They bring in their cultures and mindsets. In the other popular local forum, someone mentioned they bring in their caste mindset which has been ingrained since the day they are born in India. Tharman was right, regardless of who's at fault, it simply an example of modern day bigotry and a sense of entitlement (I quote in his exact words on Facebook). Is this due to the caste mindset? IMO, perfectly plausible. 

Whether their professional qualifications are up to scratch or authentic or not, that's another discussion for another day. MOM's hands are tied by the stupidly negotiated CECA agreement which allowed for very lax imports of Indian nationals workforce. 

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/11/02/indian-state-cancels-agreement-with-temasek-linked-consortium-to-develop-amaravati-capital/

Not sure if this is related to  ceca agreement.  They allegedly not happy that they cannot dump even more ceca here...

But then.. after su chou industrial.. its not the first time kenna pawn in mega project..

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Not sure if this is related to  ceca agreement.  They allegedly not happy that they cannot dump even more ceca here...

But then.. after su chou industrial.. its not the first time kenna pawn in mega project..

what’s new? same same but different with bolehland ...

BCF249F4-F47D-4E56-9D6F-79D4D8A71329.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/11/02/indian-state-cancels-agreement-with-temasek-linked-consortium-to-develop-amaravati-capital/

I wonder how will our ministars feel if it’s their own money.. 

Really no wordS to say of their business acumen..Always kanna makan 3 meals straight 😅😅😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Sad 2