Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

42 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

Its not about the money. This would play a part in addressing a decades-long issue of causeway jam and aviation inconveniences .

This being a car forum, I guess most of us drive.

If you have taken a bus opposite before, or you would know inconvenient it is, multiplie this with the tens of thousands crossings everyday X 365 days X another 25 years?

For a 45 mins flight to KL, your travel preparation is 3 to 4 times more the time needed for the flight .  

HSL will be a financial blackhole.

It lack the mass to be profitable.

HSR has the same connectivity issue just like Flight.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

so far, i only see HSR success in

Europe, Japan, Korea and Taiwan (limited success)

of course, not forgetting PRC

Edited by Wt_know

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

HSL will be a financial blackhole.

It lack the mass to be profitable.

HSR has the same connectivity issue just like Flight.

SG-KL air route and SG-Johor land crossings are one of the busiest in the world and we are planning for a population of 10 million. The Klang valley has a population of 8-9 million. 

HSR won't be the financial blackhole you think it is but I agree it may not be profitable (after depreciation) for years. Our scholars will never approve it if it is and there are no net benefits to Singapore. Malaysia has to do their own maths and I can't say the same for their end. 

Need to consider how HSR will draw in tourists, businesses and foreign direct investment in both countries too.   

36 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

so far, i only see HSR success in

Europe, Japan, Korea and Taiwan (limited success)

of course, not forgetting PRC

I think in PRC more than 50% of the lines lose money. The most profitable one is the Beijing shanghai link. Just like the tokyo osaka one. 

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

SG-KL air route and SG-Johor land crossings are one of the busiest in the world and we are planning for a population of 10 million. The Klang valley has a population of 8-9 million. 

HSR won't be the financial blackhole you think it is but I agree it may not be profitable (after depreciation) for years. Our scholars will never approve it if it is and there are no net benefits to Singapore. Malaysia has to do their own maths and I can't say the same for their end. 

Need to consider how HSR will draw in tourists, businesses and foreign direct investment in both countries too.   

We don't need Malaysian capital lah!

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The high Sg Johor crossing number is largely from Malaysian workers. They won’t take HSR. 
I agree that the main bulk will be the sg-kl link. But in the end the numbers still will not be huge. 

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

We don't need Malaysian capital lah!

Hmmm... There are certainly a lot of Malaysian talents and money in Singapore. 

13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

The high Sg Johor crossing number is largely from Malaysian workers. They won’t take HSR. 
I agree that the main bulk will be the sg-kl link. But in the end the numbers still will not be huge. 

Build and they will come. Lol

Edited by Voodooman

The JB to Muar railway line is being upgraded to full electric so likely can have 200kmh trains JB to KL, without HSR. Takes longer than an hour but more reasons not to sink money into parallel HSR line.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Ok la. They will say We pay so high Coe, they rather have jam. 

New A45s is less than RM500k in Msia.
😜

Edited by inlinesix

9 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Retuning go Sg now at jb side, super jam zzz. Saw polis come and pull over some queue cutters using bus lane blocking the bus.

3449A0E4-53B8-4F61-AD12-046389457245.jpeg

So how long you took? Surprisingly yesterday already got many people coming back to sg?

Edited by 13177

7 minutes ago, josh98 said:

@13177 yesterday don't return, today jam until dk will take how long. now see woodlands and tuas jam super long

If for me, if already went in msia, i will take another 1-2 days of leave and come back later. Would not come back yesterday or today. Sure jam like crazy. 😅 If those have kids and need to come back for school tomorrow, then too bad liao.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So how long you took? Surprisingly yesterday already got many people coming back to sg?

Already took a shortcut route by following Waze and joined the queue  just  500m  plus  to customs close to midnight as the EDL already jammed packed for many km. Even then only cleared Malaysian customs about 130am plus as many counters were closed.

At tuas side heard it was much worse due to Malaysia side block the lorry lane with cones and polis force cars to turn back for those who tried to cut the queue.

Think a lot of people come back already last night. My journey down from KL to johor area took 7hours due to nshw being extremely packed especially south of ayer keroh all the way to Senai . Saw a lot of polis riding along shoulder road catch those using shoulder lane.This Waze pics are from this morning 11am.

4975704F-C559-43A6-8FD9-DC004B878E8E.png

574DA499-9E89-4218-8D88-8166AB4DC042.png

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, josh98 said:

@13177 yesterday don't return, today jam until dk will take how long. now see woodlands and tuas jam super long

this early morning woodlands still quite ok EDL just a short Q, Tuas was bad though. After 9am plus traffic built up very fast and both are ultra bad now. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1